Tuna

Tuna v1.9.7

univrsal

Okay this is strange
How exactly you set up the configuration? I might be missing something here especially on the cover.png
Exactly as described here
General setup:
VLC Source configuration:
  1. Click on "Tools" at the top of the obs window
  2. Select "Tuna settings"
  3. Select "VLC" as the music source
  4. Select the "VLC" tab
  5. (Click refresh if your source doesn't show up)
  6. Select the scene from the drop-down menu
  7. Select the VLC source from the drop-down menu
  8. Click add
  9. You're done

RicohLA

Exactly as described here
General setup:
VLC Source configuration:
  1. Click on "Tools" at the top of the obs window
  2. Select "Tuna settings"
  3. Select "VLC" as the music source
  4. Select the "VLC" tab
  5. (Click refresh if your source doesn't show up)
  6. Select the scene from the drop-down menu
  7. Select the VLC source from the drop-down menu
  8. Click add
  9. You're done
How about the image cover? is there anything I should do? (I'll send my screen recording in advance, while waiting)

univrsal

How about the image cover? is there anything I should do? (I'll send my screen recording in advance, while waiting)
The cover is just an image source pointed at the cover.png file which is located at the path shown in the tuna config dialog.

RicohLA

The cover is just an image source pointed at the cover.png file which is located at the path shown in the tuna config dialog.
Like this right? I've selected the source path to the cover-album.png (same as in the tuna config), but nothing change. Same music file that was sent to you.

Attachments

• tunaaa.JPG
    tunaaa.JPG
    133.6 KB · Views: 22

RicohLA

Why did you disable the "Try downloading cover" option?
Hol' up....
Oh, it works XD!
Gosh, I disabled it because at first it didn't work. But as soon as I press Stop and then Start (restarting tuna), it works. Doesn't it supposed to appear automatically?

Sorry this is my first time trying to use the album art cover. But I'll keep an eye out if it acting strange as I'm still testing this one on my updated scene setups. Thank you for your assistance though. I knew that I missed something. Cheers!

Attachments

• lol it works.JPG
    lol it works.JPG
    108.1 KB · Views: 38

mars.

Hey!
Sadly but web browser not work for me. (I was use Yandex Music). Script for monkey intalled, plugins for obs too :/
Idk, mb you will add Yandex Music app in "Source Song"? That would be great.

mars.

*I didn't have time to add in previous message*

For now have to use scrobbling last.fm with YaMusic integration. And I use login only by nickname, because if I use Custom API OBS just stuck.

Takeshino

I'm trying to set up tuna up for a music player screen and there are 3 things that I'd be very glad to have:

1. Looks like Tuna just looks for art for the album as a whole, and ignores any art that is different within that "album", and since I have hundreds of songs under a "Covers" album with a lot of unique covers, I end up having one cover per artist/artist combo. Would be great if there was an option to grab exactly what is embedded in the song.
2. It doesn't look like there's "composer" tag support? I tried %c but nothing happened.
3. An option to keep the tags and art when it's paused. Since I want to be using it like a music player, I'd like to have the option to pause as well.

I'd be really grateful if you consider these.

TotallyNotAnElk

Every time I launch OBS, I'm logged out of spotify :( it only takes a minute to re-add it, but it's a pain having to remember to do that. Definitely feels like a bug

ExoFury

I'm so sorry for the consecutive replies but as I can't seem to be able to edit or delete my previous posts I want to keep you updated on what I discovered:

1. I was wrong with the .mkv and .mp4
It turns our that it was the fact that the "Artist" meta was missing from the files and the /mp4 file had that one. After I added that value to a .mkv file that was previously not working, that one worked too. So i solved this mystery: file meta must have both title and artist for widget to work and update

2. About the cover.. it seems the last update from OBS broke something:

As I looked it up, it turns out that file:/// is no longer supported and managed to "fix" it by changing this line in your widget's js:
JavaScript:
document.getElementById('cover').src = data['cover_url'].replace("file://", "http://absolute") + '?' + Math.random();

This "fix" makes the cover no longer work in browsers but seems to work in OBS just fine. Tho, i think it would be a healthier js if you could, maybe for next update, make the json return the cover url with http://absolute instead of file:// so that replace is not needed.

3. After playing around some more, I noticed the json does not provide 2 metadata values which Tuna can output as text files (track number and disc number). Could those be added to the json too? :D I actually need 2 more values to add to my widget regardless of which of these are but mentioned those 2 since they already can be exported as txt
Or.. is there a way I could edit the json to include those values too, considering I have limited coding abilities ^^

I just checked and the disk/track number already works, whatever source you're using just has to actually provide that metadata.

My bad. It does seem to work, yes, as I was testing with letters instead of numerical values. When I tried again and used numerical values I got the output both in the text file and in the json.

So I'm stuck again since I need to output 2 extra tags using letters :))

These ones I got working fine: %t, %m, %r, %a
And I need 6 tags in total using letters text
I've tried playing with the Song label (%b) but the values I put in Mp3tag do not seem to work for that one. Besides all the tags set up in the screenshot I also added custom metadata fields such as "SONGLABEL", "SONG LABEL" and "LABEL" and %b does not seem to output those either.
And I might have forgot to mention, I am using the VLC source.

Think we could soon have any 2 of the tags I marked with "TEST" in the screenshot as text file and json output in tuna (genre, comment, album artist, composer)? :D

mp3tag.jpg

Thank you for your replies and support!

univrsal

My bad. It does seem to work, yes, as I was testing with letters instead of numerical values. When I tried again and used numerical values I got the output both in the text file and in the json.

So I'm stuck again since I need to output 2 extra tags using letters :))

These ones I got working fine: %t, %m, %r, %a
And I need 6 tags in total using letters text
I've tried playing with the Song label (%b) but the values I put in Mp3tag do not seem to work for that one. Besides all the tags set up in the screenshot I also added custom metadata fields such as "SONGLABEL", "SONG LABEL" and "LABEL" and %b does not seem to output those either.
And I might have forgot to mention, I am using the VLC source.

Think we could soon have any 2 of the tags I marked with "TEST" in the screenshot as text file and json output in tuna (genre, comment, album artist, composer)? :D

View attachment 83496

Thank you for your replies and support!
The VLC source doesn't really support the song label, it should actually even show that when you try to use an unsupported option, but that's an issue on my end.
C:
VLC_META(media, cd, data_id, "artist", libvlc_meta_Artist)
    VLC_META(media, cd, data_id, "genre", libvlc_meta_Genre)
    VLC_META(media, cd, data_id, "copyright", libvlc_meta_Copyright)
    VLC_META(media, cd, data_id, "album", libvlc_meta_Album)
    VLC_META(media, cd, data_id, "track_number", libvlc_meta_TrackNumber)
    VLC_META(media, cd, data_id, "description", libvlc_meta_Description)
    VLC_META(media, cd, data_id, "rating", libvlc_meta_Rating)
    VLC_META(media, cd, data_id, "date", libvlc_meta_Date)
    VLC_META(media, cd, data_id, "setting", libvlc_meta_Setting)
    VLC_META(media, cd, data_id, "url", libvlc_meta_URL)
    VLC_META(media, cd, data_id, "language", libvlc_meta_Language)
    VLC_META(media, cd, data_id, "now_playing", libvlc_meta_NowPlaying)
    VLC_META(media, cd, data_id, "publisher", libvlc_meta_Publisher)
    VLC_META(media, cd, data_id, "encoded_by", libvlc_meta_EncodedBy)
    VLC_META(media, cd, data_id, "artwork_url", libvlc_meta_ArtworkURL)
    VLC_META(media, cd, data_id, "track_id", libvlc_meta_TrackID)
    VLC_META(media, cd, data_id, "track_total", libvlc_meta_TrackTotal)
    VLC_META(media, cd, data_id, "director", libvlc_meta_Director)
    VLC_META(media, cd, data_id, "season", libvlc_meta_Season)
    VLC_META(media, cd, data_id, "episode", libvlc_meta_Episode)
    VLC_META(media, cd, data_id, "show_name", libvlc_meta_ShowName)
    VLC_META(media, cd, data_id, "actors", libvlc_meta_Actors)
    VLC_META(media, cd, data_id, "album_artist", libvlc_meta_AlbumArtist)
    VLC_META(media, cd, data_id, "disc_number", libvlc_meta_DiscNumber)
    VLC_META(media, cd, data_id, "disc_total", libvlc_meta_DiscTotal)
These are all the tags that the VLC source can support, though Tuna does not fetch all of them currently. The data for label is fetched from the publisher tag, since that's the closest one that I could find.

ExoFury

The VLC source doesn't really support the song label, it should actually even show that when you try to use an unsupported option, but that's an issue on my end.
C:
These are all the tags that the VLC source can support, though Tuna does not fetch all of them currently. The data for label is fetched from the publisher tag, since that's the closest one that I could find.

Tried setting a publisher tag just to see if by any chance that would work but as I expected, it did not :D

Anyway, think we could have more from the tags you mentioned as supported by VLC fetched by Tuna and output as text and json?
For myself, I think I could work with AlbumArtist, Description and URL. If these were to be included I think it would be great :D
*I was thinking of Genre too but from what I learned, there are certain predefined values that VLC supports

univrsal

Tried setting a publisher tag just to see if by any chance that would work but as I expected, it did not :D

Anyway, think we could have more from the tags you mentioned as supported by VLC fetched by Tuna and output as text and json?
For myself, I think I could work with AlbumArtist, Description and URL. If these were to be included I think it would be great :D
*I was thinking of Genre too but from what I learned, there are certain predefined values that VLC supports
It does work, as I said I don't know what VLC means by "publisher". If you save it in VLC you'll see what it actually gets saved as:
1652959508800.png

"Publisher" apparently gets saved as Organization. I can add the other format options, but I'm running out of letters so I will most likely have to change how the formatting works first.

ExoFury

It does work, as I said I don't know what VLC means by "publisher". If you save it in VLC you'll see what it actually gets saved as:
View attachment 83562
"Publisher" apparently gets saved as Organization. I can add the other format options, but I'm running out of letters so I will most likely have to change how the formatting works first.

I'm still unable to find the correct field using Mp3tag.. used the label, the publisher, the organization (as described in the Vorbis documentation) tags and I don't get that field written in VLC's media information :))
What are you using in the first picture to write in the Organization field? Or better yet, can you provide the file you worked on so I can see how Mp3tag labels that field?

Meanwhile, that comment field which you have there as example is exactly what I need for my project if Tuna could output it :D Would be lovely if you could make the changes to support the extra format options ^^

And another thing, do you have any PayPal or something like Ko-Fi for donations? I don't really have any crypto wallets and since its my second plugin I'm using from you I though I should properly thank :D

univrsal

I'm still unable to find the correct field using Mp3tag.. used the label, the publisher, the organization (as described in the Vorbis documentation) tags and I don't get that field written in VLC's media information :))
What are you using in the first picture to write in the Organization field? Or better yet, can you provide the file you worked on so I can see how Mp3tag labels that field?
I just wrote "This works" into the publisher field in the VLC dialog and then clicked "Save"
1652963745600.png

But it works just as well with kid3 for me. I attached the file, it doesn't contain any audio but the label tag does work with it for me.

Meanwhile, that comment field which you have there as example is exactly what I need for my project if Tuna could output it :D Would be lovely if you could make the changes to support the extra format options ^^
Should be possible, but as I said I'm running out of letters for format options so I'd want to change how that works first.
And another thing, do you have any PayPal or something like Ko-Fi for donations? I don't really have any crypto wallets and since its my second plugin I'm using from you I though I should properly thank :D
I used to, but I dislike paypal and the fact that it hands out private information for donations so that's currently the only way to donate. I appreciate the gesture, though.

Attachments

• Savant - Krang - 14 Madness I.zip
    409 KB · Views: 14

ExoFury

I just wrote "This works" into the publisher field in the VLC dialog and then clicked "Save"
But it works just as well with kid3 for me. I attached the file, it doesn't contain any audio but the label tag does work with it for me.
Playing around a bit more, searching vlc forums and also using kid3 I finally figured it out. It appears that I cannot write to that field for Mp4 files, which I use, regardless of how mp3tag, kid3 or vlc sees it. And also that is why the save in vlc did not work for me on that field and if I change another tag, it works.

Should be possible, but as I said I'm running out of letters for format options so I'd want to change how that works first.

I guess I'll have to wait for this then. I've noticed that the comment and composer tags seem to work for most audio and video files while for genre and description I'm not completly sure. And most of the others work differently for each type of file.

I used to, but I dislike paypal and the fact that it hands out private information for donations so that's currently the only way to donate. I appreciate the gesture, though.

I feel you! I'm not very fond of PayPal myself but I guess I still use it when there are no other options... You could go for a Ko-Fi account or something similar, maybe a patreon? Cheers!

univrsal

I feel you! I'm not very fond of PayPal myself but I guess I still use it when there are no other options... You could go for a Ko-Fi account or something similar, maybe a patreon? Cheers!
Ko-fi just uses paypal so it's basically the same. Patreon would work I guess, but it's more for earning money than for donations. I just want something where people can make one time donations without any fees.

Takeshino

C:
So to that means getting a composer tab isn't even possible through this... Is the album art thing under a similar limitation then?