Tuna

Tuna v1.9.7

univrsal

Hi.
I couldn't get the album cover right for VLC Source. I did as instructed in the video also injected the album covers inside the mp3s and wavs. But Tuna couldn't just detect and use the embedded cover art inside the mp3/wavs. Here's some screenshots of my configurations and I also attached log files. It seems like obs/tuna is struggling on something related to audio (based on the log). Please help me, thank you for your time!
Try updating to the latest version

2DWizard

The VLC Source works just fine for me so it must be something on your end. Anyway you can try the latest version and enable the download cover option

View attachment 83289
I figured out my problem; It doesn't pull album art from the music file if it's located on a different disk. My music was on C: and I had Tuna writing the album art to a folder in E:

Cheers for the update, though! I can say that it works after some testing.

RicohLA

Try updating to the latest version
Updated to the latest version (on download page), same configuration as previous, still no luck. Doesn't it supposed to load from the embedded cover art inside the mp3 file right?

Attachments

• 2022-05-08 22-40-24.txt
    47.7 KB · Views: 11

RicohLA

Are the files on another hard drive?
hmm what do you mean?
I think the files and the obs are in the same drive, I stored all programs on second internal drive that has no windows os in it. So to clarify, the obs program, obs overlays and music are in the same drive indeed.

univrsal

hmm what do you mean?
I think the files and the obs are in the same drive, I stored all programs on second internal drive that has no windows os in it. So to clarify, the obs program, obs overlays and music are in the same drive indeed.
No I mean if the music files are on a hard drive that isn't C:\, that seems to be causing issues apparently.

univrsal

I'm so sorry for the consecutive replies but as I can't seem to be able to edit or delete my previous posts I want to keep you updated on what I discovered:

1. I was wrong with the .mkv and .mp4
It turns our that it was the fact that the "Artist" meta was missing from the files and the /mp4 file had that one. After I added that value to a .mkv file that was previously not working, that one worked too. So i solved this mystery: file meta must have both title and artist for widget to work and update

2. About the cover.. it seems the last update from OBS broke something:

As I looked it up, it turns out that file:/// is no longer supported and managed to "fix" it by changing this line in your widget's js:
JavaScript:
document.getElementById('cover').src = data['cover_url'].replace("file://", "http://absolute") + '?' + Math.random();

This "fix" makes the cover no longer work in browsers but seems to work in OBS just fine. Tho, i think it would be a healthier js if you could, maybe for next update, make the json return the cover url with http://absolute instead of file:// so that replace is not needed.

3. After playing around some more, I noticed the json does not provide 2 metadata values which Tuna can output as text files (track number and disc number). Could those be added to the json too? :D I actually need 2 more values to add to my widget regardless of which of these are but mentioned those 2 since they already can be exported as txt
Or.. is there a way I could edit the json to include those values too, considering I have limited coding abilities ^^
I just checked and the disk/track number already works, whatever source you're using just has to actually provide that metadata.

RicohLA

I just checked and the disk/track number already works, whatever source you're using just has to actually provide that metadata.
hmm, strange. Anyway, how about we do some tests. I can send you the modified/embedded mp3 so you can analyze the mp3 file to see if there's anything missing. I used mp3tag to embed the cover art to the file. Can we do that?

Nocturnal Lunacy

So I currently use foonowplaying to do the same exact thing youre doing but its only for foobar2000. I don't ever plan on using any other music player but I was wondering about the album image source.
1. Do we have to put the album cover images into a separate folder?
2. How does the program find the cover images, how do you set that up exactly?
I have literally terabytes worth of music and covers and stuff and it would take me weeks to move all cover images to a separate folder.

univrsal

So I currently use foonowplaying to do the same exact thing youre doing but its only for foobar2000. I don't ever plan on using any other music player but I was wondering about the album image source.
1. Do we have to put the album cover images into a separate folder?
2. How does the program find the cover images, how do you set that up exactly?
I have literally terabytes worth of music and covers and stuff and it would take me weeks to move all cover images to a separate folder.
  1. The covers should either be embedded or in the same folder as the song they belong to
  2. That depends on what source you select
    1. VLC Source
      1. libVLC retrieves the cover and caches it in a local folder from which tuna grabs it
    2. Spotify
      1. The API provides the cover as a download
    3. Web browser script
      1. The script extracts the image link from the website
    4. MPD
      1. MPD provides the path of the file that is currently playing then tuna will first
        1. Try to extract the cover from the file if it is embedded into the mp3/flac/etc.
        2. Look for an image file in the same folder that contains the word "cover", if that isn't found it'll
        3. Use the largest image file in the same folder
  3. Finally if no cover could be found regardless of what source is used tuna will search itunes.apple.com using the artist and album name of the currently playing song and download the resulting cover. This will only be done if the corresponding option is enabled.

Nocturnal Lunacy

1. The covers should either be embedded or in the same folder as the song they belong to
  2. That depends on what source you select
    1. VLC Source
      1. libVLC retrieves the cover and caches it in a local folder from which tuna grabs it
    2. Spotify
      1. The API provides the cover as a download
    3. Web browser script
      1. The script extracts the image link from the website
    4. MPD
      1. MPD provides the path of the file that is currently playing then tuna will first
        1. Try to extract the cover from the file if it is embedded into the mp3/flac/etc.
        2. Look for an image file in the same folder that contains the word "cover", if that isn't found it'll
        3. Use the largest image file in the same folder
  3. Finally if no cover could be found regardless of what source is used tuna will search itunes.apple.com using the artist and album name of the currently playing song and download the resulting cover. This will only be done if the corresponding option is enabled.
Okay, Now I wish I actually embedded the album covers to the files when using mp3tag. Got lazy with it. lol.

univrsal

Okay. Here's one of the song.
Works just fine here:
1652279638800.png