Question / Help THX Spatial Audio Not Detecting Sound (Razer Synapse)

DrSkull20

Hi,
I have the Razer Nari Wireless Gaming Headphones and with the Razer software, it adds THX Spatial Audio for better sound. In total there is Razer Nari - Game, Razer Nari - Chat, and THX Spatial Audio. In OBS the THX Spatial Audio and it can't detect any sound coming from anything. The Razer Nari - Game sound detects sound, but it is very distorted and crackly sound. (Normally it doesn't have distortion and crackles). The Razer Nari - Chat is also bad in audio quality. Please help me fix this.
Here is my log File: https://obsproject.com/logs/FCqD_P4o8vi42QXX

Thanks,
Ethan.

FerretBomb

"Surround sound" headphones (with a very few exceptions; the Nari is not one of them) do not provide actual surround sound; they use 'virtual surround', which causes major problems with all recording applications. The only fix is to disable the virtual surround mode, and run them in standard Stereo.

Zabania

Hello, i have the same issue here and reboot don't help. I have razer Kraken TE headset, and the problem is i can use THX - spatial mode in obs as a sound, it simpy do not work, The only option is to use Game controller but the sound there is awfull and cannot be changed even by set up or equalizer and nothing helps to improve this sound.

heohoo

Hello, i have the same issue here and reboot don't help. I have razer Kraken TE headset, and the problem is i can use THX - spatial mode in obs as a sound, it simpy do not work, The only option is to use Game controller but the sound there is awfull and cannot be changed even by set up or equalizer and nothing helps to improve this sound.

I found two ways to record Razer Kraken TE - THX Spatial Synapse Audio on Windows 10 with OBS Studio.

It involves simply switching the Windows Default Audio Device and OBS Audio Capture Device, in certain orders to get it working:

Note: Sorry if these do not work for you

Note: It helps to have some audio playing during the entire process below so you can see if OBS is picking up the audio.

QUICK WAY:
Start with OBS Studio Closed:
Set the Windows Default Audio Device to your 'Razer Audio Controller - Game'.
Start OBS Studio
On the Audio Mixer Panel:
Click the Cog (Settings) Icon to the right of Desktop Audio, then click Properties and make sure the Device is set to: 'Default' and click OK.

Then simply switch the Default Windows Device to the THX Spatial Synapse device and OBS Should detect and be able to record any audio playing to default Windows Audio Device.

LONG WAY:
This other way is longer but can be done when OBS is already open and Windows device is set to anything:

1. In OBS->Audio Mixer Panel:
Set: Desktop Audio Capture->Settings->Properties->Device: to 'Razer Audio Controller - Game'

2. Set your Default Windows Output to the same: 'Razer Audio Controller - Game'
- OBS Should to pick up the Audio..

3. Now switch the OBS Device you just changed, back to Default.
- OBS Should continue to pick up the audio..

4. Now switch your Windows Default to: Razer THX Spatial
- OBS Should pick up and be able to record the audio.

Overryde113

Hi,
I have the Razer Nari Wireless Gaming Headphones and with the Razer software, it adds THX Spatial Audio for better sound. In total there is Razer Nari - Game, Razer Nari - Chat, and THX Spatial Audio. In OBS the THX Spatial Audio and it can't detect any sound coming from anything. The Razer Nari - Game sound detects sound, but it is very distorted and crackly sound. (Normally it doesn't have distortion and crackles). The Razer Nari - Chat is also bad in audio quality. Please help me fix this.
Here is my log File: https://obsproject.com/logs/FCqD_P4o8vi42QXX

Thanks,
Ethan.
I have the same problem with Streamlabs OBS with my Razer Barracuda X