The New version of OBS doesn't take .dll anymore?

NoirGoupil

Hi,
i'm a musician who use OBS to record my recording sessions.
I had to install a dll to hear the sound of my software Reaper.
But... I've installed the new version of OBS, 28.0.1, and it tell my all my plugins doesn't works anymore.
Just lua and py are avaible....
What is this mess? I really need help, even before that it was such effort to make communication between Reaper (or any DAW) and OBS.
Thanks by advance, i'm pretty sure it's something stupide, but i really don't understand why

Gelial

Hi,
i'm a musician who use OBS to record my recording sessions.
I had to install a dll to hear the sound of my software Reaper.
But... I've installed the new version of OBS, 28.0.1, and it tell my all my plugins doesn't works anymore.
Just lua and py are avaible....
What is this mess? I really need help, even before that it was such effort to make communication between Reaper (or any DAW) and OBS.
Thanks by advance, i'm pretty sure it's something stupide, but i really don't understand why
Did you read the release notes before updating? OBS 28 is a major update that requires plugin developers to update their plugins. This doesn't depend on OBS.

1662844598450.png

The first line in the update reads that some plugins might not be compatible, and even gives you a link to check if the developer has updated them.

If the developer of your plugins hasn't updated them to work with the latest version, I'd recommend you downgrade to the previous one, and wait for your plugin developer to update.

NoirGoupil

Did you read the release notes before updating? OBS 28 is a major update that requires plugin developers to update their plugins. This doesn't depend on OBS.

View attachment 86475

The first line in the update reads that some plugins might not be compatible, and even gives you a link to check if the developer has updated them.

If the developer of your plugins hasn't updated them to work with the latest version, I'd recommend you downgrade to the previous one, and wait for your plugin developer to update.
Ho! i never read this...
Unfortunately for me, the plugin dev is dead and nobody seems continuing his dev :I
Thanks!

Gelial

Ho! i never read this...
Unfortunately for me, the plugin dev is dead and nobody seems continuing his dev :I
Thanks!
Oh man, that's unfortunate :|. You can always downgrade to the previous version meanwhile.

That's the link for the previous version of OBS. Just download it, and install over your previous version. DO NOT UNINSTALL THE PREVIOUS ONE, OR YOU WILL LOSE YOUR STUFF.