TeeBoard

Free TeeBoard v0.1.5 beta

DeezjaVu

[2014-05-02:18:28:22] Got an unexpected fatal error while in stateInstalling: [ErrorEvent type="error" bubbles=false cancelable=false eventPhase=2 text="1603" errorID=0]
[2014-05-02:18:28:22] Launching subprocess with commandline c:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe AIR\Versions\1.0\Adobe AIR Application Installer -runtime "c:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files" -update -silent -logToStdout "c:\program files (x86)\air\gip\teeboard\teeboard.exe" file:///C:/Users/Lelouch/AppData/Roaming/be.gip.twitch.TeeBoard/Local%20Store/%23ApplicationUpdater/update.air 0.0.9
[2014-05-02:18:28:22] Relaunching with elevation
[2014-05-02:18:28:22] Subprocess Elevated sub-installer failed (-1)
[2014-05-02:18:28:24] Launching subprocess with commandline c:\program files (x86)\air\gip\teeboard\teeboard.exe
[2014-05-02:18:28:24] Application Installer end with exit code 7

The Adobe forum is still down :( but I found this on stackoverflow:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11416258/error-installing-air-app

The solution given there is:
  1. Use Microsoft Cleanup to remove/uninstall Adobe AIR here: http://support.microsoft.com/mats/Program_Install_and_Uninstall/en-us
  2. Download the latest version of Adobe AIR here: http://get.adobe.com/air/
From what I understand, Adobe AIR for some reason can't run in elevated mode, which is required to perform the update. This can be caused by your UAC settings if I'm not mistaken.
Since the log posted on stackoverflow looks exactly the same as yours, I suggest trying the solution given there.

FYI, this is not an error caused by TeeBoard itself, but an issue with Adobe AIR (which TeeBoard needs to function properly).

Edit: was now able to search the adobe forum and it looks like it's a Windows installer issue (MSI). The above solution should fix the problem.

Last edited:

DeezjaVu

DeezjaVu updated TeeBoard with a new update entry:

update v0.0.9 beta

TeeBoard has been updated to v0.0.9
Patch notes: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1sM3sEfar9Mr2uCbTATvmS7r1c7U9q1CBwDuJM70aBCs/pub

If you already have TeeBoard installed, you will be notified of the update the next time you start the app.

IMPORTANT: this update removes all previous user settings.

If you are currently unable to start TeeBoard (after updating to v0.0.8) you'll have to manually remove the old user settings folder:
[FONT=Courier...[/quote]

Read the rest of this update entry...

Wheeze201

I can't get the follower notification working.

I've followed the widget setup tutorial thoroughly and when I preview the widget and click test then it shows up and works fine. Also when I open up the .swf file it works fine and with the HTML file it doesn't work on chrome but it does however work on internet explorer.

I did check that thing in the browser plugin to true instead of false and the size of the source in OBS is 1080x40 (I couldn't find the dimensions so I used photoshop to try and find the right dimensions.

DeezjaVu

I can't get the follower notification working.

I've followed the widget setup tutorial thoroughly and when I preview the widget and click test then it shows up and works fine. Also when I open up the .swf file it works fine and with the HTML file it doesn't work on chrome but it does however work on internet explorer.

I did check that thing in the browser plugin to true instead of false and the size of the source in OBS is 1080x40 (I couldn't find the dimensions so I used photoshop to try and find the right dimensions.
In OBS, click settings -> Browser -> Runtime tab. Look for the "Plugins (collections)" and click the "..;" button. In the plugins list on the left look for "Shockwave Flash".
if it's not listed, you need to install the Flash plugin for chrome/firefox: http://get.adobe.com/nl/flashplayer/otherversions/
Select your operating system and then select "other browsers". Close OBS before installing the Flash Player. Once installed, check the plugins list in OBS again.

Nullzone

Hey DeezjaVu,

TeeBoard is amazing! But i do have one request for the donations tab.
When you select "Save latest 5 donations + top donator to a text file." would i be possible to change the output?
I would love to get a way to customize the output format, something like "%amount% - %nick% - %comment%".
I currently have no way of doing this with any program, not even ImRaising sync, since the message is scrolling like 1 long text and makes it hard to see when the message start over.

Anyways! Keep up the awesome work!

Jeffrey Veenhuis

Hey DeezjaVu,

I love TeeBoard and I'm very excited about the future of this program.
I feature I would really enjoy is in addition to Tweeting maybe you can also add support for Facebook, I know their API is kind of meh but it would make my life easier.

I'm going to be using TeeBoard for sure and I am recommending it to all my mates who are streaming as well.
Will be making a TeeBoard Roxx panel soon, I just don't have a good font installed atm (if you can give me the one you used in your video that would be awesome!).

You can find me on Twitch under Jeffroiscool :)

DeezjaVu

Hey DeezjaVu,

I love TeeBoard and I'm very excited about the future of this program.
I feature I would really enjoy is in addition to Tweeting maybe you can also add support for Facebook, I know their API is kind of meh but it would make my life easier.

I'll have a look at what's available for Facebook. Like for the tweet, I didn't have to do anything other than load a url with custom parameters (no real API involved). So if Facebook has something similar, I can add that easily.

Jeffrey Veenhuis

I'll have a look at what's available for Facebook. Like for the tweet, I didn't have to do anything other than load a url with custom parameters (no real API involved). So if Facebook has something similar, I can add that easily.

It seems Adobe has a class for it: https://code.google.com/p/facebook-actionscript-api/
So you might be able to use that. Specifically would be nice if I could also post to a Facebook page where I have editing powers (like team pages and stuff :) )

Edit:

Oh dude I got it:
http://www.facebook.com/sharer/sharer.php?u=<url to share>&t=<message text>

Should be easy enough :D

Last edited:

DeezjaVu

It seems Adobe has a class for it: https://code.google.com/p/facebook-actionscript-api/
So you might be able to use that. Specifically would be nice if I could also post to a Facebook page where I have editing powers (like team pages and stuff :) )

Edit:

Oh dude I got it:
http://www.facebook.com/sharer/sharer.php?u=<url to share>&t=<message text>

Should be easy enough :D

I'm aware of the AS3 Facebook API, but I'd rather avoid it as it requires/uses (yet another) API. Which means I have to setup a Facebook app, etc, etc..
From what I understand the sharer.php has been deprecated and has been reported to no longer work properly.

I'm currently working on a few other things (chat widget anyone?), but once I get the chance I will look into this.

silent

I'm having issues installing this. I downloaded it, extracted the file, but all that is in the file is a README and an AIR. file which I can't read on my computer. what am I doing wrong or what do I need in order to use this tool?

DeezjaVu

I'm having issues installing this. I downloaded it, extracted the file, but all that is in the file is a README and an AIR. file which I can't read on my computer. what am I doing wrong or what do I need in order to use this tool?
A README file usually indicates it contains something that you should read.. try that :)

misk

Is there any way to resize the notifier for followers and such?
Whenever I try to resize it in XSplit, the text wont resize. It just get cropped.

And also support for changing the solid bg to images would be nice to have in a future update! :)

silent

You need to install Adobe Air Runtime which you can download here: http://get.adobe.com/air

After that you can open the .air file ;)

Thanks a lot! I was trying to find the correct reader for it and got it installed after that. Now I'm having issues with the setup >.< it says to right click the .html file in the widgets and click 'global setting' but i don't have that option. I assumed they met properties, but then nothing makes sense in there to what the directions say. Could someone maybe give me a 1 on 1 with setting this up for more direct help? have skype or steam if someone is willing. This is with windows 8 btw. I also tried to install the CLR Browser plugin but I don't think that worked either and I don't understand where to place the file for that either.

EDIT: I figured out that I'm an idiot..saw that i have to actually OPEN the html file and then right click for global setting but then it brings me to a new page in Macromedia.com for the setting and it's different then what is described.

Last edited:

silent

Thanks a lot! I was trying to find the correct reader for it and got it installed after that. Now I'm having issues with the setup >.< it says to right click the .html file in the widgets and click 'global setting' but i don't have that option. I assumed they met properties, but then nothing makes sense in there to what the directions say. Could someone maybe give me a 1 on 1 with setting this up for more direct help? have skype or steam if someone is willing. This is with windows 8 btw. I also tried to install the CLR Browser plugin but I don't think that worked either and I don't understand where to place the file for that either.

EDIT: I figured out that I'm an idiot..saw that i have to actually OPEN the html file and then right click for global setting but then it brings me to a new page in Macromedia.com for the setting and it's different then what is described.

REEDIT: I got everything figured out finally. All the widgets and the notification works great, now I just need to know how to change the look of the notification background so i can create my own personal one. I'll look into videos for it.

DeezjaVu

Is there any way to resize the notifier for followers and such?
Whenever I try to resize it in XSplit, the text wont resize. It just get cropped.

And also support for changing the solid bg to images would be nice to have in a future update! :)
None of those are likely to happen.

Moreover XSplit is currently broke and I advise not to use the widgets in XSplit. You'll be fine if you only use 1 scene, but as soon as you switch scenes, everything just fails. Nothing I can do about that until XSplit fixes it.

Back to OBS :)
For OBS there's an HTML/JS/CSS version of the widget that you can customize as much as you want. It is located in:

[USER DOCUMENTS]/widgets/notifications/obs-js/

DeezjaVu

You can change the image background here: "Harddrive\Air\Gip\TeeBoard\widgets\notifications\obs-js\images"
Wrong location. The correct location is:

[USER DOCUMENTS]/widgets/notifications/obs-js/

You shouldn't be using anything from the TeeBoard install directory. Everything is copied to your user documents folder and links (folder icon) to open specific folders are available in TeeBoard (usually located at the top right).

Last edited:

DeezjaVu

In TeeBoard, hit F1 for the help documentation. Hit F2 to open a playlist of instructional videos. These are also available via the system tray right click menu.

DeezjaVu

Ok, well I did try changing stuff in OBS aswell with the "For OBS there's an HTML/JS/CSS version of the widget that you can customize as much as you want."
Didn't really work out there aswell, nothing would change really. (with resizing)

You need to change the CSS in the html file to your liking (font, sizes, colors, images, etc..). The obs-js version doesn't respond to settings in TeeBoard. It's specifically for people with HTML/CSS/JS skills.