TeeBoard

Free TeeBoard v0.1.5 beta

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
I'm aware it's a webpage, the point is there is no way for someone to know that that webpage is the actual Twitch authorization page, and not a lookalike. Just a security gripe
I'd just like to reiterate this security concern. Just by looking at the app, there's no way of knowing what you're doing with that login information, if it's a separate browser view or not, and if it's pointed at the correct URL or if it's phishing. You should open the authorization page in the user's browser.

Sure, I can open Fiddler and see that you're not hitting anything suspicious besides api.twitch.tv, but it's a bad habit for people to get into, and certainly throws up red flags for me.

Also, a bug report, using the 0.0.7 beta: I am a partner without a subscription program, and as soon as I open the app or save the dashboard, I get this error about not having a subscription program:

vFxdOTS.png

And a bit of feedback: While the fading transitions look slick, I can't help but feel like it slows down my usage of the program. It would be nicer if the information changed immediately, even if it's not as fancy.

Besides those things, it looks pretty cool so far. Nice work. :)

DeezjaVu

You should open the authorization page in the user's browser.
Not going to happen, sorry.

Also, a bug report, using the 0.0.7 beta: I am a partner without a subscription program, and as soon as I open the app or save the dashboard, I get this error about not having a subscription program:

vFxdOTS.png

Damn, didn't even know there was such a thing (partner, but no sub). So do you get this message as soon as you start TeeBoard or as soon as you do certain things (like updating the channel title).
I'm not a partner and have no access to a partnered account, so for everything partner related I'm 100% flying blind. I'm actually surprised I got this far already without too many hiccups :)

I already know where the error is originated from, but not sure how to work around it (yet). The thing is Twitch returns a user object that has a "partnered" flag (true/false), but it doesn't tell me if that user has a sub program or not. So what happens is that when TeeBoard encounters a user account that is "partnered" it tries to load the list of subscribers (and writes them to text, etc..) and that's probably when that error message is returned. Looking into it.

And a bit of feedback: While the fading transitions look slick, I can't help but feel like it slows down my usage of the program. It would be nicer if the information changed immediately, even if it's not as fancy.

That has been a concern of mine as well. Pre beta version had different transitions and those took too long (think mobile/tablet app transitions --> slide left/right). The way it is now (simple fade) the transitions are finished by the time you move your mouse to do anything within the view, so I don't feel they slow the user down.

Besides those things, it looks pretty cool so far. Nice work. :)

Thanks, much appreciated.

DeezjaVu

A probable fix is available in the new download. I haven't updated (increased) the build number and there's no auto update for this for now. The new download should contain a "TeeBoard v0.0.7b.air" file. Note the "b" at the end. To apply this fix, download the zip from this forum and reinstall (should be no need to uninstall current build).

People that are not affected by this (non partners) don't need this fix.
It will automatically be available in the next update (v0.0.8).

Last edited:

blagblare

This might sound silly but in the notification message for Donations, is there a %note% or %message% so that the donation note pops up on screen too? I mean, %name% is already there and I just figured out %amount% for the amount donated.

DeezjaVu

This might sound silly but in the notification message for Donations, is there a %note% or %message% so that the donation note pops up on screen too? I mean, %name% is already there and I just figured out %amount% for the amount donated.
There is no %note% and it's not likely to be added.

Notes have no length limit (at least not as far as I know), so one could write a novel if they felt like it. Little point in trying to display all that.

Also, what if the message is something really personal. Do you really want to have that displayed on stream?

ALJBGaming

The attention to detail and coding knowledge you have is astounding. All these little "conveniencies" you have made throughout the program is really quite amazing. My Twitch experience has been made that much more convenient and I thank you!

With that being said, and following up on your apparent goal of a ultra convenient all-in-one program, what would you think of having the ability to save a streams titles in a list so you can easily switch back and forth. Sometimes I like longer titles to explain everything and if I could have a nice little list to choose from, well that'd be great!

Just a suggestion!

Thank you very much for the program!

DeezjaVu

The attention to detail and coding knowledge you have is astounding. All these little "conveniencies" you have made throughout the program is really quite amazing. My Twitch experience has been made that much more convenient and I thank you!
It's good to hear it's being noticed, thank you for that.

With that being said, and following up on your apparent goal of a ultra convenient all-in-one program, what would you think of having the ability to save a streams titles in a list so you can easily switch back and forth. Sometimes I like longer titles to explain everything and if I could have a nice little list to choose from, well that'd be great!
Just a suggestion!
Good suggestion. I won't be able to implement this in the same way as for the Game title, as the Channel title is a multiline textfield and adding a dropdown list might be a bit too obtrusive (if that makes sense). So my current thought is to add a custom menu item to the textfield's right click menu which, when selected, will open up a small window with previous saves. That way it's not always there as you type, as is the case for the Game title, but only pops up on demand.

As it happens, I'm in the middle of adding a database to store some things that I'm working on (Channel panel images), and channel title saves seems like a good candidate to store in there as well :)

Thank you very much for the program!
You're very welcome.

Major

There is no %note% and it's not likely to be added.

Notes have no length limit (at least not as far as I know), so one could write a novel if they felt like it. Little point in trying to display all that.

Also, what if the message is something really personal. Do you really want to have that displayed on stream?

Created an account purely to ask for this feature.
It's a feature contained in all over notification systems that use I'mRaising or StreamDonations. It's a way that a lot of streamers interact with their streams and i think you're missing a big part of it by not including it.

Personally, i wouldn't worry about the fact that the message could be endless, just allow the message to chop itself off in the .swf or have the text scroll.(it's up the the user to then ensure %name% and %amount% come first for coherency) and then it's on par with, if not better than the rest of the donation notification utilities.

And i don't really understand the note being something really personal. It's up to the donator what they put and if they know it's going to be streamed there's nothing wrong with it.

anyway, thanks for the great, hugely useful tool. We appreciate the effort you've put into this and continue to do.

Thanks!

dehixem

Hello DeezjaVu !

I'm really interested in using TeeBoard and am trying to get donation notifications (streamdonations.net) working and appearing on OBS. But for the life of me, I cannot seem to find how to make the flash donation notification appear.

Very sorry if this has been discussed before, but what should I do to make the donation notifications appear on screen ?
(I've already synched my streamdonations account with TeeBoard.)

Have a great day,

Sapiens

Forum Moderator
dehixem, press F1 in TeeBoard and read the notification instructions. Have you performed those steps already?

DeezjaVu

Hello DeezjaVu !

I'm really interested in using TeeBoard and am trying to get donation notifications (streamdonations.net) working and appearing on OBS. But for the life of me, I cannot seem to find how to make the flash donation notification appear.

Very sorry if this has been discussed before, but what should I do to make the donation notifications appear on screen ?

Have a great day,
Check the help documentation (F1) or check the video (F2) near the end. If you need further help, let me know.

Last edited:

DeezjaVu

Created an account purely to ask for this feature.
It's a feature contained in all over notification systems that use I'mRaising or StreamDonations.
I don't know or have used any other notification systems and frankly don't really care for them.

Personally, i wouldn't worry about the fact that the message could be endless, just allow the message to chop itself off in the .swf or have the text scroll.(it's up the the user to then ensure %name% and %amount% come first for coherency) and then it's on par with, if not better than the rest of the donation notification utilities.
See, that's not how I do things.. throw it in and see what happens and leave it up to the user. That's pretty much a recipe for disaster. And if you have to cut off a message, why bother displaying it in the first place? Making it scroll means adjusting the widget just for that and.. it may then not even be used at all (the note that is). See, what looks like a simple thing on paper quickly becomes a nightmare (well just a bad dream).
The way I see it there's more reasons not to implement it than the other way around.

And i don't really understand the note being something really personal. It's up to the donator what they put and if they know it's going to be streamed there's nothing wrong with it.
And how would they know? The link to the donation can be placed anywhere, doesn't have to be on the Twitch channel. Sure it makes most sense there, but I have TeeBoard donation links on several different locations for instance (the app itself, twitch channel, google, youtube).

anyway, thanks for the great, hugely useful tool. We appreciate the effort you've put into this and continue to do. Thanks!

You're welcome :)

HungryHitmen

Not sure if this is purely on my side, but I think I might have located a few issues:

1 - Count Down widget. When using the .html from the install folder as a source the setting used is always on "countdown > 3 minutes", regardless of the selected settings in TeeBoard. However, changing the source to the .html located in the profile>documents>TeeBoard seems to do the trick and the widget works as intended.

So I'm not sure whether only the components under Documents are intended to be used.

2 - Probably not TeeBoard related, perhaps it's the CLR Browser plugin fault. Unfortunately was unable to get it to work with the 64bit OBS since it always crashed when starting a preview.

As for general feedback - nice app, great job! Though perhaps the ON/OFF buttons could change colors to indicate whether they are actually on or off. Spent loads of time setting up the notification widget only to find out that I neglected to enable "Display on stream" while testing. But that one is totally my fault :)

HungryHitmen

Hello DeezjaVu !

Have a great day,

Maybe you are as silly as me and didn't enable the "Display on stream" On/Off button?

LunaGore

I dunno if this has been explained (the video is also a bit outdated compared to the UI) but what exactly is the Game Titles are for in the Misc. Tools? What do you plan on doing with the Channel Panels (what is it for)? And a short tutorial for an IRC noob would be nice for the token, my upload speed is slow as it is and I'd like to be able to see my twitch chat (if thats what its for) without having my browser open with my dashboard running.

ALJBGaming

I'm back!

I am getting some extreme delays on follower notifications, some of them not triggering until 20-30 minutes after someone follows. Do you know if this is coming from Twitch or is there some settings that are incorrect on my end on TeeBoard?

Thanks as always!

Cheers