TeeBoard

Free TeeBoard v0.1.5 beta

DeezjaVu

It's a shame this has become abandonware as it seemed like an interesting tool, but it has SO many problems and there's been zero development since september last year.

Those that have been paying attention and read my posts here, twitter and reddit actually know what's going on. I've been working on another project (one that pays the bills and supports my family) for the past 8 months.

I'd be interested to hear about the "SO many problems", because I'm not aware of any.

So I'm going to have to look elsewhere now

Good luck with that :)

DeezjaVu

But I've been using it 6 months and I'm fed up with not being able to see alerts on the correct monitor, having no customisation of follower/sub alerts, having this annoying "Teeboard initialised" at the start of every stream, no transparency in the badge creator, really basic chat window, and many other things that I just wished could be worked on.

not being able to see alerts on the correct monitor

Right click the TeeBoard system tray icon and select "Notification location -> Custom" and move the window to wherever you want.

having no customisation of follower/sub alerts

You're either joking or trolling... TeeBoard comes with a default customizable notification widget, aimed at users that do not have the ability/knowledge to create custom ones. And then there's a custom html/js/css based version which has literally no limits but your own.

having this annoying "Teeboard initialised" at the start of every stream

That message is there for a good reason, so that users can see where it is located and see that it is actually working. And IIRC other notifiers do the same thing.

no transparency in the badge creator

No idea what you mean by that.

really basic chat window

The dashboard chat is the Twitch chat. The Chat Widget is basic for a reason, one being speed/resources.

hand the reins over to someone else or both! Let other people help!

Not gonna happen. Unless you're willing to pay for 2 years of development.

Carousel

Don't listen to those trolls. They probably have their own programs and are trying to piss you off so you don't develop the best Twitch tool ever! Can't wait for 0.1.6! Have a great day deezja!

ps. is it at all possible to include joins/parts in chat (like chatty?)

Last edited:

DeezjaVu

Don't listen to those trolls. They probably have their own programs and are trying to piss you off so you don't develop the best Twitch tool ever! Can't wait for 0.1.6! Have a great day deezja!
:)

ps. is it at all possible to include joins/parts in chat (like chatty?)

If you meant the Chat Widget, I don't think displaying joins/parts on stream is a good idea. A lot of people don't like being "called out" and prefer to lurk.

If you meant the actual chat, don't think that's possible as I'm using the actual Twitch chat.

I would use this in place of subalert if it was AIO. Like with Goals etc. To keep everything in sync. When adding donation details from streamtip api it says Verifying donation service account. It then requires a termination from task manager as it never recovers. Also sometimes 1-2 people will be chatting while watching my stream when Teeboard says viewers are 0.

DeezjaVu

I would use this in place of subalert if it was AIO. Like with Goals etc. To keep everything in sync. When adding donation details from streamtip api it says Verifying donation service account. It then requires a termination from task manager as it never recovers. Also sometimes 1-2 people will be chatting while watching my stream when Teeboard says viewers are 0.

Might have been a hiccup with streamtip. Just tested by adding two different accounts and works fine here.

Teeboard says viewers are 0

TeeBoard doesn't say anything, it just displays whatever the Twitch API returns :)
Do note however that TeeBoard only refreshes that data every 5 minutes.

Might have been a hiccup with streamtip. Just tested by adding two different accounts and works fine here.

TeeBoard doesn't say anything, it just displays whatever the Twitch API returns :)
Do note however that TeeBoard only refreshes that data every 5 minutes.

well it worked fine in subalert. fyi just tried it now and it works fine. yay. refresh 5 min got it

edit: spoke too soon doesn't work on my desktop, stuck at verifying donation service account.. The software isn't frozen, I can do stuff if i right click on the notification icon.If I put the incorrect details it will return immediately with http error.

Last edited:
well it worked fine in subalert. fyi just tried it now and it works fine. yay. refresh 5 min got it

edit: spoke too soon doesn't work on my desktop, stuck at verifying donation service account.. The software isn't frozen, I can do stuff if i right click on the notification icon.If I put the incorrect details it will return immediately with http error.

still doesn't work on my desktop, dont know why, stuck at verifying donation account. Also how do i remove consoles that I dont own like xbox and stuff?

DeezjaVu

still doesn't work on my desktop, dont know why, stuck at verifying donation account. Also how do i remove consoles that I dont own like xbox and stuff?

You can remove game platforms by deleting the corresponding xml file in:
Code:
[USER DOCUMENTS]/TeeBoard/data

Still not sure why it would get stuck verifying the donation account. As you said, when it actually fails, it returns an error.
All I can think of right now is that the service doesn't return the expected data, thus the code that is supposed to get executed fails and the verification hangs.

You can remove game platforms by deleting the corresponding xml file in:
Code:
[USER DOCUMENTS]/TeeBoard/data

Still not sure why it would get stuck verifying the donation account. As you said, when it actually fails, it returns an error.
All I can think of right now is that the service doesn't return the expected data, thus the code that is supposed to get executed fails and the verification hangs.

After about 6 hours comparing memory traces, I did a FULL RESET in Internet Explorer and now it works. I use FireFox anyway. WOOHOO!!

DeezjaVu

After about 6 hours comparing memory traces, I did a FULL RESET in Internet Explorer and now it works. I use FireFox anyway. WOOHOO!!

Thanks for the update and glad to hear you found a solution. These type of things can be hard to figure out, so job well done :)

FortM

Having a spot of trouble here, since thursday. The chat widget has stopped working for me. I still get *socket connecting/connected* in my teeboard chat window, but nothing anyone says in the chat actually makes it to my screen. Chat Status in this time has been 'not connected' and 'connected' at different points but the chat hasn't been functional at all. Generating a new auth token did not do the trick. Follower notification continues to work. Suggestions?

DeezjaVu

Having a spot of trouble here, since thursday. The chat widget has stopped working for me. I still get *socket connecting/connected* in my teeboard chat window, but nothing anyone says in the chat actually makes it to my screen. Chat Status in this time has been 'not connected' and 'connected' at different points but the chat hasn't been functional at all. Generating a new auth token did not do the trick. Follower notification continues to work. Suggestions?

Short answer: Twitch being Twitch :)

Long answer: Twitch is making (significant) changes to their chat infrastructure, one of them being that they'll stop supporting irc.twitch.tv:80. They'll continue using the DNS, but no longer on port 80. So unfortunately the TeeBoard Chat widget currently uses port 80. This is done for several reasons, one being that not everyone is able to connect to port 443 or 6667, which can be blocked by a firewall for instance and not everyone is able to change that.

So moving forward, the TeeBoard Chat widget will switch to one of those ports (443 or 6667), but this will cause problems for certain users. Nothing I can do about that really.

For now, sit tight and wait for a TeeBoard update.

Fusen

Hello, since yesterday, I have the problem, that Teeboard wont get past the Checking for update. screen. I added it to my Firewall / AV as exception, disabled both, reinstalled Adobe Air & Teeboard severals times, deleted the document and appdata folders of it, but nothing has changed :( Also I cant see any connection showing up in Netlimiter, which displays me any network activity, so I think, that Teeboard is not able to get a connection to the update server. It is working on an other computer in the same network, but after starting, it displays a ssl certificate message. I cant figure it out, why it is not working ... It was working 2 days ago :/

DeezjaVu

Hello, since yesterday, I have the problem, that Teeboard wont get past the Checking for update. screen. I added it to my Firewall / AV as exception, disabled both, reinstalled Adobe Air & Teeboard severals times, deleted the document and appdata folders of it, but nothing has changed :( Also I cant see any connection showing up in Netlimiter, which displays me any network activity, so I think, that Teeboard is not able to get a connection to the update server. It is working on an other computer in the same network, but after starting, it displays a ssl certificate message. I cant figure it out, why it is not working ... It was working 2 days ago :/

Odd. Try resetting your IE advanced settings to their defaults (even if IE is not your default browser).
Code:
Internet Options -> Advanced -> Restore Advanced Settings

You may have to reboot after that.

If that doesn't work, contact me here: https://sites.google.com/site/deezja/contact

Vashzaron

Ello!

I've been using Teeboard for a while for notifications which has been all working nicely... until a few days ago in which for some reason the notification sounds I have to play for Follower/Donation don't actually happen, yet it works while testing.
Meanwhile the visual part of it works fine, just no sound when it isn't a test.

I don't believe I touched any settings since then except upgrading Adobe Air. Any idea?

Edit: It fixed itself? Didn't touch anything and today it just worked lol.

Last edited:

nemaides

Hoping the dev sees this, the only issue i have so far (for what i use it for), the games list for PC is not updated correctly.. not sure if it should to it automatically, but Dirt: Rally have been on the list on twitch.tv for some time now, yet it still hasn't been picked up by Teeboard, like i know i can just go to the site and change it, but it's really annoying that the games list is outdated.
And i have no idea how to do it manually...

mantazzo

Hoping the dev sees this, the only issue i have so far (for what i use it for), the games list for PC is not updated correctly.. not sure if it should to it automatically, but Dirt: Rally have been on the list on twitch.tv for some time now, yet it still hasn't been picked up by Teeboard, like i know i can just go to the site and change it, but it's really annoying that the games list is outdated.
And i have no idea how to do it manually...
Try this:
Go to TeeBoard, select Misc. Tools on the left.
On the right, in the top menu, select Game Titles.
Select PC platform and hit Update button.
It should update to the newest list of games available. (This may take a while)