TeeBoard

Free TeeBoard v0.1.5 beta

Bulletic

First of all, I simply love TeeBoard. And thx for offering it for free! <3

If this is not too much to ask: Is there a possibility, that all followers/subs(with months subed)/donators (amount donated) of the current session (once TeeBoard is started until its closed) are stored in a single .txt file which is not scrolled (like the "follower-last-noscroll" one)?

Last, but not least: Keep up the awesome work!

Last edited:

DeezjaVu

First of all, I simply love TeeBoard. And thx for offering it for free! <3

If this is not too much to ask: Is there a possibility, that all followers/subs(with months subed)/donators (amount donated) of the current session (once TeeBoard is started until its closed) are stored in a single .txt file which is not scrolled (like the "follower-last-noscroll" one)?

Last, but not least: Keep up the awesome work!

Well you could add those separate txt files to OBS already. The "months subbed" is not present in the data AFAIK (I'd have to check the Twitch API though).

DeezjaVu

Should I be concerned about the installer requesting "unrestricted access" to entire system?

Nope :)

It's one of those things with Adobe AIR and something developers have complained about from the start (well even during beta). For some reason Adobe thought it would be a good thing to "frighten" people with warnings like that. Just keep in mind that any software you install has those same access rights, be it OBS, Photoshop or what have you. Again, for some reason Adobe thought it to be a good idea to explicitly throw that in your face when installing an AIR application.

DeezjaVu

3 Suggestions for "chat"

These are a few feature that another addon had by the name of "Desert Kharon IRC Plugin" (not working any more)
So the features I was hoping for are the following.

Disspearing chat...
...after XX seconds. And XX is user defined.
If you have chat displayed on stream all the time, and if you have a chat that is not superactive. Then having old message displaying on stream that was not written recently then it can really be irritating. So a feature that fades away chat would be nice.

This is already implemented and available.

Smooth moving chat.
So instead of moving chat one or several rows in a row, instead have a smooth scrolling, would also look nice.

Fade in / Fade out chat.
Simply yet another nice looking feature that makes chat kind of fade out at top and bottom of the chat.

Both of the above are not possible without embedding fonts (that's how Flash works) which would then limit the font selection to the ones I'd embed in the widget (like the Clock widget for instance).
It would also require quite a bit of work to implement (already looked into it and was just too much effort).

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Option to resize the popout "Chat Widget" window.

The actual chat window is resizable. The Chat Widget is not, as it is not supposed to be used as chat, just as a preview when making changes to the widget.

And maybe move the "Eye" (display Chat Widget window) down to the Test/Clear buttons.
Im not sure if its only me, but I could not find it, untill I saw your You-Tube video that showed the location.

All widget related icons are located at the top right for each widget. It's mentioned in the docs somewhere.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Keep up the nice work.[/QUOTE]

Bulletic

Well you could add those separate txt files to OBS already. The "months subbed" is not present in the data AFAIK (I'd have to check the Twitch API though).

Your response time is faster than of some major companies! Props!
I don't understand the procedure thought. Maybe I can explain a little further, what I want to accomplish:
A single .txt file, with all subs, donators and followers of the day/session, which is noscroll.
Here's an example: Let's say I had 10 subs, 5 donations and 50 followers today. And it would be nice, if all of those 65 viewers would be saved in a single .txt file.
As of the moment, I can "only" get latest/top donations, last/last-noscroll/followers (scroll) and subs. But I couldn't find an option, where all of them (donators, subs and followers) are in a single txt file.

An idea on how to accomplish the session timing would be the following (if possible): Push a button -> now on -> all donators, subs, followers are saved in a single txt file (lets call it "all-session.txt"). Push the button again -> now off and the file is created/finaly saved. Now the file could be implemented into OBS or a website to say thanks to all of the viewers of the day! ;)

I hope this makes it more clear, what I would like to accomplish. If you have answered this question before, please forgive my stupidity! ^^

DeezjaVu

Your response time is faster than of some major companies! Props!
I don't understand the procedure thought. Maybe I can explain a little further, what I want to accomplish:
A single .txt file, with all subs, donators and followers of the day/session, which is noscroll.
Here's an example: Let's say I had 10 subs, 5 donations and 50 followers today. And it would be nice, if all of those 65 viewers would be saved in a single .txt file.
As of the moment, I can "only" get latest/top donations, last/last-noscroll/followers (scroll) and subs. But I couldn't find an option, where all of them (donators, subs and followers) are in a single txt file.

An idea on how to accomplish the session timing would be the following (if possible): Push a button -> now on -> all donators, subs, followers are saved in a single txt file (lets call it "all-session.txt"). Push the button again -> now off and the file is created/finaly saved. Now the file could be implemented into OBS or a website to say thanks to all of the viewers of the day! ;)

I hope this makes it more clear, what I would like to accomplish. If you have answered this question before, please forgive my stupidity! ^^

Thanks for clarifying as I now better understand what you're asking :)

TeeBoard doesn't maintain a full list (session or otherwise) of the subs/followers/donations at this time. In a way, I like the idea, but then I keep thinking of how one would display all that info on stream. If you'd end up with a list of 65 names (as in your example), that's a long list to use as scrolling text.

If I'd add something like this, I'd probably go for a chart type thing, like what is currently available in TeeBoard for viewers, but that's more a "numbers" thing, rather than a "list of names" thing (hope that makes sense).

I'll put it on my list of "things-to-think-about" :)

D

Deleted member 30350

Would it be possible to implement the existance of double timers? For example, I'd like to have stream duration timer running the entire time. However, I think it could be pretty handy if I could add another timer that would show how long have I been AFK, so people can get an idea. A text saying "I'll be back in 15 minutes" doesn't really cut it, because noone can tell when the AFK started. What do you think?

DeezjaVu

Would it be possible to implement the existance of double timers? For example, I'd like to have stream duration timer running the entire time. However, I think it could be pretty handy if I could add another timer that would show how long have I been AFK, so people can get an idea. A text saying "I'll be back in 15 minutes" doesn't really cut it, because noone can tell when the AFK started. What do you think?

Although this isn't implemented, you can actually achieve what you want. You can make a copy of the countdown widget folder, place it under "my-widgets" for instance and voila, you have 2 separate CountDown Widgets. Only thing is that from within TeeBoard you'll only be able to modify the default one, not the copy.

Since one of them is a "stream duration" clock, I suggest you make that the copy. Before copying the folder, make all the necessary changes in TeeBoard first and then place it under:

Code:
[USER DOCUMENTS]/TeeBoard/my-widgets/

Once you have the "stream duration copy", make changes in TeeBoard to the original as needed (AFK count down).

D

Deleted member 30350

Hmm, that's a bit awkward with the lack of customization, but it's better than nothing. Thanks.

Redstar_CSGO

Hi DeezjaVu, I just started using TB and it's really comfortable to use. I love it and already implemented it in my starting script ("Wow..!" :D). I have some trouble and I need some help, especially on the first topic. In return I am giving you some suggestions for further implementations.

Bugs:
1. For some reason (maybe since the last update?) my noticifation sounds aren't played any longer. I recognized it for followers. Changing the soundfile does not fix the problem. Since I do have a custom-image I tried to play a subscriber-sound (I haven't changed subscriber-settings yet) - did not play a sound as well. When I browse into the sourcefolder and play the sounds manually they work perfect. Uninstall + Reinstall did not help aswell.
Do I have to change something or completely reconfigure? If reconfiguring: How do I reset the settings?

2. Sometimes, after a long time of streaming (8hrs+), my chat disconnects without notificating me. Took me 3hrs to figure out that it doesn't update anymore. Restarting helps.

3. After closing the information-box on the "Now playing"-menu, it doesn't pop-up a 2nd time when you click it.

Suggestions:
1. I also would like to see some features like the latest follower / daily goals

2. Being able to add / configure a bot would be nice

3. Paying with tokens to participate in a giveaway (Comes really close to the bot-thingy, but wanted to mention anyways)

Thanks for your effort!

DeezjaVu

Hi DeezjaVu, I just started using TB and it's really comfortable to use. I love it and already implemented it in my starting script ("Wow..!" :D). I have some trouble and I need some help, especially on the first topic. In return I am giving you some suggestions for further implementations.

Bugs:
1. For some reason (maybe since the last update?) my noticifation sounds aren't played any longer. I recognized it for followers. Changing the soundfile does not fix the problem. Since I do have a custom-image I tried to play a subscriber-sound (I haven't changed subscriber-settings yet) - did not play a sound as well. When I browse into the sourcefolder and play the sounds manually they work perfect. Uninstall + Reinstall did not help aswell.
Do I have to change something or completely reconfigure? If reconfiguring: How do I reset the settings?

AFAIK, there are no issues with notification audio and it should work just fine. Make sure the "sound" option is toggled on for each notification type.

2. Sometimes, after a long time of streaming (8hrs+), my chat disconnects without notificating me. Took me 3hrs to figure out that it doesn't update anymore. Restarting helps.

Toggling the Chat Widget off/on (at the bottom left) should reconnect it. There's currently no code in place to check for disconnects, so this is something I need to look into.

3. After closing the information-box on the "Now playing"-menu, it doesn't pop-up a 2nd time when you click it.

The info text should show for as long as you haven't set a last.fm username. If you closed the window I think it won't show again (I'm not 100% sure though, been a while since I looked at it). The same information is available in the help documentation though (press F1).

Suggestions:
1. I also would like to see some features like the latest follower / daily goals

2. Being able to add / configure a bot would be nice

3. Paying with tokens to participate in a giveaway (Comes really close to the bot-thingy, but wanted to mention anyways)

Thanks for your effort!

Latest follower/sub/donation are written to a text file. Toggle the option "on" for each notification type.

A bot will not be added to TeeBoard directly. A separate bot is something I've been thinking about, but is not for the near future though. Same goes for the tokens.

D

Deleted member 30350

The new version was obviously delayed, so do you have any new ETA?

Lodey

Would be nice to have a sub goal feature in Teeboard. Something that can display the amount of total subs and the goal. For example: Sub Goal: 11 / 20"

Blizzardo1

I'm still having the same issue I had last year. Permissions are set to Administrator, it's installed properly, any previous installation has been completely obliterated (All files pertaining to TeeBoard were removed prior to installation), and even compatibility was set. I did some digging around, and it looks like when I was debugging, the generated exe from your iirc ActionScript, was hooking properly into the necessary libraries, but failed to load.

How are you calling the main Window? Do you have any exceptions that need to be caught? is there a way to prevent the form from loading due to an unspecified error? Is it possible to add error capturing?

Blizzy <3

Pyrii

It's a shame this has become abandonware as it seemed like an interesting tool, but it has SO many problems and there's been zero development since september last year. So I'm going to have to look elsewhere now

GranoblasticMan

It's a shame this has become abandonware as it seemed like an interesting tool, but it has SO many problems and there's been zero development since september last year. So I'm going to have to look elsewhere now
Really? You're going to shit-post about software that's given freely? If you can use it, use it. If not, don't. If you think you can do better, learn Flash, learn C++, learn something and DO so. Otherwise, STFU. And FYI, DeezjaVu posted THREE posts before yours that he's working on it; that post wasn't September, that was less than a week ago.

Pyrii

User was warned for this post
Really? You're going to shit-post about software that's given freely? If you can use it, use it. If not, don't. If you think you can do better, learn Flash, learn C++, learn something and DO so. Otherwise, STFU. And FYI, DeezjaVu posted THREE posts before yours that he's working on it; that post wasn't September, that was less than a week ago.
It's great he's still working on it, I was using it under the idea that it was under development and that many of the problems it have would continued to be iroend out and it would be easier and better to use. But I've been using it 6 months and I'm fed up with not being able to see alerts on the correct monitor, having no customisation of follower/sub alerts, having this annoying "Teeboard initialised" at the start of every stream, no transparency in the badge creator, really basic chat window, and many other things that I just wished could be worked on.

Just because it's free doesn't mean it gets a free pass, I like it, I want to see it get better, but if the developer has lost interest or needs a break, then I need another solution. Yes maybe I could have worded that post better, but I just want to really kick the dev into either improving this useful tool or hand the reins over to someone else or both! Let other people help!

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
It's one thing to ask for improvements, it's another thing to act outrageously entitled. Please be more mindful about it in the future.

Yes, because it's free, he gets a free pass. You did not pay him for it, and he owes you nothing. If you don't like it, you can deal with it.

DeezjaVu

I'm still having the same issue I had last year. Permissions are set to Administrator, it's installed properly, any previous installation has been completely obliterated (All files pertaining to TeeBoard were removed prior to installation), and even compatibility was set. I did some digging around, and it looks like when I was debugging, the generated exe from your iirc ActionScript, was hooking properly into the necessary libraries, but failed to load.

How are you calling the main Window? Do you have any exceptions that need to be caught? is there a way to prevent the form from loading due to an unspecified error? Is it possible to add error capturing?

Blizzy <3

Hi Blizzy,

Feel free to contact me here: https://sites.google.com/site/deezja/contact
And we'll have a look via Skype.