Resource icon

TeamSpeak 3 Plugin

I wouldn't have called it a bug as it worked as intended. I'm also happy to change it to suit more people's needs.

adocilesloth updated TeamSpeak 3 Plugin with a new update entry:

Suffix/Prefix addition while streaming

At the request of sneaky4oe, the plugin has been updated so that it will add the suffix/prefix, mute and/or deafen and switch channels if TS3 is launched while OBS is streaming.

Also changed some code that I was never happy with but never had an excuse to make nice until now.

Read the rest of this update entry...

mac support coming ?
Unlikely until the rewrite comes out for windows. I don't have a mac to test with but once the multi platform rewrite is out I can hopefully test on the windows version and have it work reasonably bug free on mac. All I'd need then is a portable way to do sockets.

sneaky4oe

Another bug. ^_^
When the nickname is typed in cyrillics, it displays weirdly.
Examples: ДОБРО, БАТЬКОМОБИЛЬ, ВЫХУХОЛЬ.

df89975b3244.png

I should really start to remember about alphabets beyond ASCII...

adocilesloth updated TeamSpeak 3 Plugin with a new update entry:

Non ASCII Names, Suffixes/Prefixes and Channel Passwords

Fix for the boxes that appear if streaming when non-ASCII names are present in the channel. Thanks to sneaky4oe for spotting it.
Fix for not being able to use non-ASCII suffixed/prefixes. Previously caused OBS to crash on config save.
Fix for not being able to use non-ASCII channel passwords. Not actually tested this one but I believe it should work. It should at least not cause OBS to crash on config save.

NOTE: There is the off chance that this update may cause OBS to crash when you start to...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Jeffrey Dolan

Just downloaded this, it works great to add the prefix when I start streaming, but when I stop streaming, it doesn't seem to remove the prefix. Did I not set something up right, or is that not part of the program?

Just downloaded this, it works great to add the prefix when I start streaming, but when I stop streaming, it doesn't seem to remove the prefix. Did I not set something up right, or is that not part of the program?
It should remove the prefix without you having to do anything extra setup wise.

The only thing I can think of is the plugin not finding teamspeak when you stop streaming. Can you check a log file when this has happened? If it is just failing to find teamspeak there should be a note in the log along the lines of:

StopStream: Connection Failure: Check TS3 is running and ClientQuery Plugin is enabled

If it's not this then I'm not sure what it could be. Your settings may help find the issue if you could post those too (bar the Unique ID).

Jeffrey Dolan

Which log file/where do I find it. I looked in the general logs under app data/roaming, but there was no mention of the plugin in there.

As for the settings I'm using the default ones, just with my identity filled in, so:
Use Prefix
*R*

Which log file/where do I find it. I looked in the general logs under app data/roaming, but there was no mention of the plugin in there.

As for the settings I'm using the default ones, just with my identity filled in, so:
Use Prefix
*R*
The log files you want are in AppData/Roaming/OBS/logs.
You can open the folder from OBS from Help -> Open Log Folder

The specific one you want will be one from a time when you started streaming and then stopped and the prefix wasn't removed. If it does it all the time, just open OBS, start streaming, stop steaming and close OBS (close OBS so the whole log is written). Then open the logs folder and the log you will want to look at will be the most recent one.

Jeffrey Dolan

Okay I think I just realized the problem, I never actually tested in with the stream itself since I didn't have the time to commit to a full stream session. Instead I was testing it with preview stream/record stream which still triggered the prefixing. Now that I had a streaming session and tested that functionality it did work as intended. I assume that recording/preview isn't supported right now, but could you add support for removing the prefix there as well? Sorry about that confusion though.

Jeffrey Dolan

Actually after rigorous testing, it is inconsistently working. It always adds the prefixs, but not all the time does it remove it.

Looking in the log file I do not see any mention of TS3 not being found. Is there anything else to look for in there?

For the prefix stuff, there will be warnings that look like

Communicate:<words here>

One thing you could also try is setting it to mute or deafen you in TS. If it will do one of those but won't rename you then it will narrow down where the problem is. If it won't then it's likely some connection issue between the plugin and OBS.

Jeffrey Dolan

Alright so I changed it to mute me. I tried it 4 times in a row, and only 1 of them successfully unmuted and changed my name back. Looking the in the logs, I don't see a warning of Communicate.

Do you get any errors in TeamSpeak? There's often a little red circle with a cross on the bottom of TS when one uses this plugin. Double click on that and it should bring up a log. Are there any errors from "Query" that are not:

packetSend called with an invalid socketID:###

As far as I could tell, this error didn't break anything. If it's all you get then perhaps it is. Or I'm missing something else.

Jeffrey Dolan

So whenever that query invalid socketID does show up, it fails to revert, however, there are cases when it doesn't show up and it still fails. Also the TS log seems to be sporadically updated, sometimes the log will show that my mic is getting muted, but other times it isn't posted to the log.

Wolf68k

It's not undoing the name change.
I'm using the suffix and when I tested it with Preview Stream and then stopped the preview and it didn't change my TS3 name back I thought it was just a bug. But later when I started my stream and finally finished it still did not set my nick back.

Question: Why is limited to 10 characters? The total limit in TS3 currently, as far as I can tell, is 30 characters.

I dunno why it's doing that. I've slipped on looking for the cause of that issue as RL work has mounted up a bit. I'll get back to it as soon as I can. In the mean time, can you post your TS and OBS versions in case that sheds some light.

As for the 10 char limit:
The prefix is set to 10 as the max character limit for a name in TS is 30. The plugin has to remove characters at the end of the name to add the preifx so long prefixes start to shorten the name.