Status
Not open for further replies.

ASchneider

Hello again Xaymar! Sorry to bother you, again :)

I was wondering about something really useful that I could not find a solution and maybe your plugin could do it, since it has FFMPEG encoding, if I got it right: Since I live stream a lot, I would love to have a secondary recording of just my game source, without overlays, chat, and so on. Would that be a possibility for a future update on your plugin? To be able to add a filter on a game source and set it to record a separate video file just for that source when local recording starts?

Thank you very much for you time!

AptiX1

You have set `-refs=32` which is out of range for Profile Level 4.2 at 1280x720. As the nvenc streaming guide says, you should adjust the `-refs=##` part until it works.
Thanks for clarifying. True, I then myself guessed before, but I did not quite understand. And what value "-refs = ##" can take on Pascal? I've tried different ones, but the coder just won't let me stream. I have a GTX 1080 (not Ti)

Xaymar

Thanks for clarifying. True, I then myself guessed before, but I did not quite understand. And what value "-refs = ##" can take on Pascal? I've tried different ones, but the coder just won't let me stream. I have a GTX 1080 (not Ti)
Keep trying until you find one that works, or read the H.264 Annex A.3.1 section, or just leave it out - like the guide says, it is optional.

Hello again Xaymar! Sorry to bother you, again :)

I was wondering about something really useful that I could not find a solution and maybe your plugin could do it, since it has FFMPEG encoding, if I got it right: Since I live stream a lot, I would love to have a secondary recording of just my game source, without overlays, chat, and so on. Would that be a possibility for a future update on your plugin? To be able to add a filter on a game source and set it to record a separate video file just for that source when local recording starts?

Thank you very much for you time!

Nope. While it is possible for a plugin to do so, StreamFX is - like the name suggests - focused on tools for streaming. Maybe Exeldro will make such a plugin, however I will not.

TheSyntox

Hi Xaymar, I tried to use your plugin for AMD FFmpeg encoder and the restream says that my keyframe interval is 1 (the live site says it's even 0.5).
I have set 2 seconds in OBS but no matter what value I use, restream says the same. x264 and native AMD AMF is fine. I use the latest release on RX6800. Could you let me know how to set this perhaps with a custom setting or else point me out to the right documentation, please?

Niamor

Hello, in my recordings I have sometime have the first keyframe with wrong colors (fully grey)
Does anyone have an idea what could be the issue? I can post a log if needed.
Thank you.

Chochklah

You will have to be a bit more descriptive than "doesn't work". What doesn't work? What have you tried? What Shader? What about an OBS Studio log file like all support forums ask you for?

Every shaders effect just aint working on my camara ive tried install again and still nothing of the effects working..
here the logflies

Attachments

• 2021-04-28 23-20-41.txt
    44.6 KB · Views: 45

Xaymar

As StreamFX sets everything necessary to actually work, I'm unsure how to fix the problem. I can't ship a newer FFmpeg version as there's some HLS security problem in newer versions, so whatever we have now is what you get.

Archive releases have been discontinued as they were causing unusual bug reports, which usually were traced back to faulty video tutorials on YouTube. Therefore in order to reduce the time wasted on support, it was decided to only provide Installers for platforms where it is possible to do so. It was planned to have a portable installation method for v0.10, but it did not make it in due to time constraints - it will come at a later time.

This is usually an encoder or muxing issue, which can often be resolved by removing any Overclocking profiles applied manually or by the vendor of the hardware.

The shader you are attempting to use has no technique called "Draw", and as such can't be drawn with the chosen technique. Select another technique from the drop down.

TaradinoC

Is there a formula to convert settings from the previous version of Color Grading to the new one?

To keep my camera looking the same as it did before the update, I temporarily rolled back to the previous version of StreamFX and converted my color grading filters into LUTs (by applying them to an original.png image source), but it'd be nice to be able to edit them in the Color Grading UI again without having to remake them from scratch.

TaradinoC

As you deleted the information that made the original LUT, no.
I mean, I still have the color grading filters (and backed up settings), they're just disabled. I'm using Apply LUT filters instead because the updated color grading filters no longer give the same output.

Lodey

Can't seem to get an answer to this anywhere I go, but can StreamFX do this pinch/bulge effect seen in this video?

Xaymar

The "Lift" option was origiinally broken and not properly looked at, which led to the filter being marked as "Stable" before it was actually working. In 0.10, I added the ability to precalculate a LUT in real-time to save GPU rendering time for large (>256x256) sources, which also came with the actual implementation of the "Lift" option. If you were relying on the broken behavior before, there is no way to restore that as it was broken and incorrect behavior which resulted in truncated or incorrect values.

Shaders definitely can do this if you put in the effort to write one.

Xaymar

Not seeing a manual installation zip for for windows on version 0.10.0 on github
The Archive (.Zip, .7z) based releases have been removed and will be replaced by an "Extract" option in the Windows Installer. Users on MacOS should already be able to extract the .pkg file, as it's just a fancy .zip.

Zoli_G

Hi, I have an issue with StreamFX Color Grading Filter in OBS Studio. I use my stream PC with RTX 2060 (using NVENC in OBS) to stream from my gaming PC and consoles. I have to use Color Grading to fix the slight green tint I have when I stream from my consoles, then it looks perfect. The problem is after 1 or 2 hours of streaming I get a black stream in OBS, audio is ok. All I have to do is to turn off the Color Grading filter in OBS, then everything is fine again. Only after restarting OBS the filter works again without giving me a black screen. For now I am not sure why it is happening.
I tried diferent render modes in the filter, like Direct rendering, 8-bit look up table, non of them seem to work for more then 2 hours of streaming.

Here is the OBS Studio log where the error happens:

21:29:34.624: ==== Streaming Start ===============================================
21:34:56.427: User switched to scene 'Console'
23:25:15.630: Device Remove/Reset! Rebuilding all assets...
00:00:22.818: User switched to scene 'BRB with chat'
00:03:16.011: User switched to scene 'Console'
02:43:32.225: User switched to scene 'Outro'
02:46:12.131: [rtmp stream: 'adv_stream'] User stopped the stream
02:46:12.131: Output 'adv_stream': stopping
02:46:12.131: Output 'adv_stream': Total frames output: 1139750
02:46:12.131: Output 'adv_stream': Total drawn frames: 1139730 (1139924 attempted)
02:46:12.131: Output 'adv_stream': Number of lagged frames due to rendering lag/stalls: 194 (0.0%)
02:46:12.132: Video stopped, number of skipped frames due to encoding lag: 270/1139849 (0.0%)
02:46:12.133: ==== Streaming Stop ================================================

It happened at 23:25, error message is everytime the same. Anybody has a similar issue or any tips how to fix it ? Thanks.

Xaymar

23:25:15.630: Device Remove/Reset! Rebuilding all assets...

The log snippet you pasted reveals that your GPU Driver crashed in response to one or multiple other causes. The most likely cause is insufficient cooling or poor power supply performance. Unfortunately this is not something that is related to StreamFX, so I can help no further - but you should be able to restore the Color Grading effect with a simple update to the settings of it.

Zoli_G

Yes I know it seems like the video driver is crashing, its just weird it happens only in OBS with the filter activated. It happens with the newest driver, doesnt crash anywhere alse like during video editing or any other encoding situations. OBS itself doesnt crash nor the stream stops, so I have to dig further into it to find the cause for this behavior.

Lodey

The "Lift" option was origiinally broken and not properly looked at, which led to the filter being marked as "Stable" before it was actually working. In 0.10, I added the ability to precalculate a LUT in real-time to save GPU rendering time for large (>256x256) sources, which also came with the actual implementation of the "Lift" option. If you were relying on the broken behavior before, there is no way to restore that as it was broken and incorrect behavior which resulted in truncated or incorrect values.

Shaders definitely can do this if you put in the effort to write one.

Would it be able to use this?

Status
Not open for further replies.