Status
Not open for further replies.

Xaymar

Is there anything I can do to test it? I've played intensive games before without ever crashing or anything, I haven't had any issues other than here.
Default NVENC doesn't really have many options compare to StreamFX, I could try making them similar and see if it crashes still.
Thank you for helping.

The included NVENC only uses at most a look ahead of 8, but aside from that, there's not much testing you can do. The problem is unique to your system and/or the game you are playing.

ecastillo

I installed the latest version a few days ago and the CPU usage goes from 12% to 56%, then many frames dropped, so, decided to back to the version I had installed and everything goes normal again... so WTF?

Xaymar

I installed the latest version a few days ago and the CPU usage goes from 12% to 56%, then many frames dropped, so, decided to back to the version I had installed and everything goes normal again... so WTF?

More information is required to help you, which version to which other version? What about log files between the two tests?

Fokzik

Hello.. So i have a problem. First of all im sorry for my english.
I tried to install streamfx with installer.. Everything installed to the right folders, but i dont see StreamFX options in OBS..
So i installed streamfx manually - i put all the folders manually, but i still dont have StreamFX options in OBS...

Can you help me? Do you have similiar problem anyone? I really have no idea where is the problem.. I think i can install plugins already, but i got problems with this one. (I installed voice changers before and everything works perfectly.)

seanman

I installed your plugin 0.10.0b1
The FFmpeg AMD Encoder going very good, using 45% gpu encoding, and its more powerful than before. Great job! Also i can input command ffmpeg too.

RichieTee

@Xaymar
Has the 3D function in StreamFX been depreciated? Can't seem to find it in OBS Filters and I have the latest version of StreamFX Installed.

Enzephalon

I am lost in how to install such plugins in the portable version of OBS. I did search for information in google and here. All I found is to copy files into your OBS folder (D:\Programs\PortableApps\PortableApps\OBSPortable). Unfortunately this doesn't do the trick and I have no clue why. Is there any additional step needed?
In this case the files are in:
D:\Programs\PortableApps\PortableApps\OBSPortable\Data\obs-plugins\StreamFX
and
D:\Programs\PortableApps\PortableApps\OBSPortable\obs-plugins\64bit

Xaymar

@Xaymar
Has the 3D function in StreamFX been depreciated? Can't seem to find it in OBS Filters and I have the latest version of StreamFX Installed.
Testing versions occasionally contain bugs, if you intend to use StreamFX in a production environment, please use Stable/Production builds.

I am lost in how to install such plugins in the portable version of OBS. I did search for information in google and here. All I found is to copy files into your OBS folder (D:\Programs\PortableApps\PortableApps\OBSPortable). Unfortunately this doesn't do the trick and I have no clue why. Is there any additional step needed?
In this case the files are in:
D:\Programs\PortableApps\PortableApps\OBSPortable\Data\obs-plugins\StreamFX
and
D:\Programs\PortableApps\PortableApps\OBSPortable\obs-plugins\64bit
StreamFX only supports the official releases of OBS Studio. For info on how to install it there, please read the installation guide. https://github.com/Xaymar/obs-StreamFX/wiki/Installation

Enzephalon

@Xaymar Thanks for your fast response. I read the page bevor and from my understanding it says I can extract to the OBS folder...Does this mean I need to put the portable version in exactly the mentioned folder (C:\Program Files\obs-studio)? I always appreciated that portable apps are idenpendent from file location.
Anyway, I'll give it a try tomorrow. For now I am testing it on my notebook with properly installed OBS. It works till now perfectly. Great job!
"Extract the archive to where you installed or extracted OBS Studio to, which by default is C:\Program Files\obs-studio"

Xaymar

@Xaymar Thanks for your fast response. I read the page bevor and from my understanding it says I can extract to the OBS folder...Does this mean I need to put the portable version in exactly the mentioned folder (C:\Program Files\obs-studio)? I always appreciated that portable apps are idenpendent from file location.
Anyway, I'll give it a try tomorrow. For now I am testing it on my notebook with properly installed OBS. It works till now perfectly. Great job!
"Extract the archive to where you installed or extracted OBS Studio to, which by default is C:\Program Files\obs-studio"

I do not support non-official releases of OBS Studio, so you will have to ask the third-party release support on where to install StreamFX to.

I used the Radeon 5500 XT 8GB and have to say...with the latest test build, I didn't experience the slow encoding startups compared to the latest stable. The recording quality was extremely good and stutter free when recording at 120hz. When switching scene collections, the encoder was starting up very fast. I have to say, kudos to getting the zero copy working.

Enzephalon

@Xaymar I am fine with the feedback and as it runs perfectly on the installed OBS version I am very happy and will do same on my other notebook.
However, I read "non-official release" several times in this forum and I wonder what makes the portable version being "non-official". It is officially provided on this platform. Just curious about it:)

D

Deleted member 121471

Just found out about this plugin and it's much appreciated all the work that has gone into it.

Is there any StreamFX documentation or guides for AMD GPUs, specifically "Maximum B-frames", "B-frame References" and "Reference Frames" settings?

I wasn't even aware recent AMD hardware encoders even allowed setting B-frames.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just found out about this plugin and it's much appreciated all the work that has gone into it.

Is there any StreamFX documentation or guides for AMD GPUs, specifically "Maximum B-frames", "B-frame References" and "Reference Frames" settings?

I wasn't even aware recent AMD hardware encoders even allowed setting B-frames.
I honestly didn't change any settings other than the Quality and bitrate for now. This is a milestone for AMD GPU's and the quality is amazing. If you can't find any, I would just try some things out and go for it.

Dj barryo 83

logo.png
StreamFX is a plugin to libOBS (OBS Studio, StreamElements OBS Live) that adds new sources, filters and transitions to give you the ability to drastically improve your stream and recording setup past what was possible in OBS Studio until now. Whether it is blurring out a region, moving something in 3D, or just writing your own shaders as a new transition, source or filter - StreamFX has it all.

Is this available for mac os?

BloodMan

(StreamFX 0.9.3, OBS current)
Hm, SDF does not work for gfx / video sources (image, vlc, gstreamer, video capture, etc.).
btw. 4K video as VLC source and SDF outline ... = 100% cpu on my system ;p (yup ctrl+alt+del etc. works).

Someone can confirm?

Xaymar

(StreamFX 0.9.3, OBS current)
Hm, SDF does not work for gfx / video sources (image, vlc, gstreamer, video capture, etc.).
btw. 4K video as VLC source and SDF outline ... = 100% cpu on my system ;p (yup ctrl+alt+del etc. works).

Someone can confirm?

Signed Distance Fields require something that counts as an "edge". An image/video with zero transparent pixels has no edges to calculate the distance to, so the effects will not work. Additionally, calculating Signed Distance Fields in real-time is an extremely expensive operation, especially when the geometry is undefined. CPU usage should be unaffected by this, unless you have an NVIDIA GPU where CPU usage will be affected.

fidelisoris

Signed Distance Fields require something that counts as an "edge". An image/video with zero transparent pixels has no edges to calculate the distance to, so the effects will not work. Additionally, calculating Signed Distance Fields in real-time is an extremely expensive operation, especially when the geometry is undefined. CPU usage should be unaffected by this, unless you have an NVIDIA GPU where CPU usage will be affected.

Wouldn't the source bounding box be then the "edge" for calculations? And if so, this should be relatively cheap in cost due to the simple geometry involved?

I ran into the lack of output trying to put a border "inner glow" around my video source. Disappointed but I can wait for a proper decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.