Status
Not open for further replies.

Talonis

Attachments

• screenshot.png
    screenshot.png
    135.9 KB · Views: 356

StefenTower

Greetings all. First, I have completely read the Release Notes (although it's always possible I missed something). :) Second, my system meets or exceeds all Recommendeds, except CPU, where it falls between Minimum and Recommended (AMD Zen+). I'm on Windows 11 Home 22H2 Build 22621.963. I completely uninstalled the last alpha before installing the beta. Despite all this, StreamFX 0.12.0b164 doesn't load in OBS 29.0.0. I do have other plugins, but they didn't interfere with loading of the last alpha. In the OBS log, there's only a single line that refers to this: "Module 'C:\ProgramData\obs-studio/plugins/StreamFX/bin/64bit/StreamFX.dll' not loaded". I checked and the DLL is indeed at that location. There was no obvious crash.
Any ideas welcome from the user community. Development has stated they don't wish to receive feedback.

StefenTower

Considering that the plugin is being developed by one person. And is literally free (and also invaluable to OBS, IMO).
I would say that both the quality and level of professionalism is above and beyond what can reasonably be expected.
After a former software developer, and someone who has worked with a great number of software developers, including FOSS developers, I can only say you're misreading my position.
I clearly asked a question of the community, realizing that the developer isn't interested in providing support or even receiving feedback during alpha/beta - which is unusual, but OK...whatever, sincerely. But he has a habit of intervening with a reply insinuating I (and others) are necessarily asking him of his precious time. No, we're not doing that. And if you would look at many of his replies particularly on github in this regard, they are clearly negative and unprofessional in nature. Don't take my word for it. Go there and see for yourself.
I'm just saying I don't have to deal with this, and I won't. I don't get anywhere near this kind of grief from any other free or paid software I use.
Poof, StreamFX is gone.

Xaymar

You were told to use Stable versions repeatedly and ignored it every single time. Now you complain about versions clearly marked unstable being unstable. If you value time so much, why did you waste mine by ignoring the first paragraph telling you not to use it? I didn't ask you to do so, and neither did anyone else involved in the project.

ottawafro

After a former software developer, and someone who has worked with a great number of software developers, including FOSS developers, I can only say you're misreading my position.
I clearly asked a question of the community, realizing that the developer isn't interested in providing support or even receiving feedback during alpha/beta - which is unusual, but OK...whatever, sincerely. But he has a habit of intervening with a reply insinuating I (and others) are necessarily asking him of his precious time. No, we're not doing that. And if you would look at many of his replies particularly on github in this regard, they are clearly negative and unprofessional in nature. Don't take my word for it. Go there and see for yourself.
I'm just saying I don't have to deal with this, and I won't. I don't get anywhere near this kind of grief from any other free or paid software I use.
Poof, StreamFX is gone.
Honestly no one cares who you are or what you did in the past. I stayed on OBS 27.2.4 because i depend on StreamFX and I can read and follow instructions . Simple .

Mishasama

It sure does. But my testing and reporting of a catastrophic bug will be forever unpaid for. :-D Users' time has value too. And this developer doesn't have any respect for it.
I believe he was just tired of his humor. It's not really practical for one person to maintain several versions at the same time, so let's just understand his difficulties. These are tough times for everyone, aren't they?

Perhaps you can help him to speed up the adaptation to the new version.
In this way, he may be able to relieve his great pressure and let him show his sense of humor as much as he can.

Talonis

Got to say I used to run a site that had a giant amount of free and well-used resources. It cost thousands to run but I still got complaints. I stopped that. You can't win.

It gave me a little more sympathy for the likes of fb, reddit etc. where the easiest way is just to silently monetise you (to your own detriment but users are proven not to care, so win-win for the big boys I s'pose). Track-and-monetize, track-and-monetize...

EarthToThien

Currently on Windows 10. Recently updated to OBS v29.0.0, and StreamFX v0.12.0a151 is still working for me. Just did a check of my scenes with blur, source mirror, face tracking, and SDF effect, and everything is functioning as intended.

Status
Not open for further replies.