Status
Not open for further replies.

Xaymar

Cannot record with ProRes or DNxHR with OBS Studio 28.0.0 + StreamFX 0.12.0 Alpha 106. The record starts, but no video file is generated, and recording cannot be stopped. Working fine in OBS Studio 27.2.4 + StreamFX 0.12.0 Alpha 45. Any sugestions?
Wait until stable OBS Studio 28.0.0 support is out. Alpha versions clearly warn that they are not to be used for production workflows.
When will the new version of FX for OBS 28 be available?
As said a few posts above yours, when its ready.

Cyfaic

I installed the OBS 28 and the lastest StreamFX version (2019-0.11.1.0-g81a96998). It installed well (just dont have the window to choose the folder (it's the default for me)) but doesnt show on OBS after restart PC even.
How can I do ? Is there any solution ?

I have the same issue with the other plug in such as Streamdeck for OBS.
Thank you if someone can help me to fix the problem.

Xaymar

I installed the OBS 28 and the lastest StreamFX version (2019-0.11.1.0-g81a96998). It installed well (just dont have the window to choose the folder (it's the default for me)) but doesnt show on OBS after restart PC even.
How can I do ? Is there any solution ?

I have the same issue with the other plug in such as Streamdeck for OBS.
Thank you if someone can help me to fix the problem.
As stated twice on the last two pages, OBS Studio 28.0.0 support will be out when it is out. There are Alpha builds that support it, however they come with the usual Testing warnings of "stuff 's fucked? well sucks to be you"

Cyfaic

As stated twice on the last two pages, OBS Studio 28.0.0 support will be out when it is out. There are Alpha builds that support it, however they come with the usual Testing warnings of "stuff 's fucked? well sucks to be you"
Thank you for your answer. Ill try it. Thank you !!!

When clicking "updates" the first couple of paragraphs really make it sound as if Stream FX has been updated to work with OBS 28. I think that is why people are getting confused. Several pieces of text actually make it sound like it. And it avoids saying that it doesn't work with 28 yet completely.

Xaymar

When clicking "updates" the first couple of paragraphs really make it sound as if Stream FX has been updated to work with OBS 28. I think that is why people are getting confused. Several pieces of text actually make it sound like it. And it avoids saying that it doesn't work with 28 yet completely.
There's nothing preventing the Alpha versions from working with OBS Studio 28.0. However as time appears to be linear and I lack the ability to modify things that happened in the past relative to me, v0.11.1 and earlier are unable to support anything that happened in the future relative to those versions. This is the same for every OBS Studio update. Sometimes things work. Sometimes they don't. That's just how time and age works.
Hello when Comes an update for the new OBS Version 28?
When it's done.

Rich Diamz

Well this thread answered my question. Get it up and running when you can Xaymar really appreciate the hard work and love the plugin. I thought I was having an issue when I updated my obs and tried to reinstall but it wasn't working. This is a new chapter for obs and I hope you continue to support the program as it grows. Thanks Again...

samuvelram

Hi,
I got this message
stremFx-error.png

samuvelram

As it’s just a fresh release, theres no surprise seeing that message. I trust the Dev and the program so I usually just go ahead and install. Although all files I download are virus checked by default. Hope that helps.
Hi,
thanks. I will try.

seanchoi0519

I have attached an image of an edit out of Premiere. As you can see I inserted a flat image into a 360 video (not 3D, just 360) and to make it look flat when viewed in 360 this needs to be distorted, otherwise it would look spherical as well. View attachment 33141
Hey Gian. I'm looking to achieve this very same task,
would you have any words of advice or update?

@Xaymar your insight would be greatly appreciated as well

Last edited:

NarniaBees

To anyone who wants to further increase streaming quality using NVENC, here's something you can try:

In FFmpeg options, you can add these options:
-qcomp=0.8 -trellis=2 -subq=10
-pre_dia_size=768 -dia_size=1024 -me_range=32
-precmp=sad -cmp=+chroma+rd -subcmp=+rd -ildctcmp=+rd -mbcmp=+chroma+rd -mbd=simple
-dct=int -idct=int
-flags=+loop -err_detect=+crccheck+bitstream+buffer -ec=+guess_mvs+deblock+favor_inter
These are FFmpeg global encoder options that can apply on top of native encoder options.

-qcomp=0.8
Standard qcomp option. 0.8 to give more headroom for temporal AQ.

-trellis=2
Good old trellis. RDO for DCT rounding.
0: disabled
1: enabled only on the final encode of a MB
2: enabled on all mode decisions

-subq=10

Subpixel motion estimation refinement, same as in x264. Higher the value better the quality (and encoding time). 1 to 11.

-pre_dia_size=768 -dia_size=1024
motion estimation method:
‘(1024, INT_MAX)’
full motion estimation(slowest)
‘(768, 1024]’
umh motion estimation
‘(512, 768]’
hex motion estimation
‘(256, 512]’
l2s diamond motion estimation
‘[2,256]’
var diamond motion estimation

-me_range=32
Motion search range. 16-24 for 720P. 24-32 for 1080p. Not much point going beyond.

-precmp=sad -cmp=+chroma+rd -subcmp=+rd -ildctcmp=+rd -mbcmp=+chroma+rd -mbd=simple
What metrics to use for finding the best vector or prediction mode:
‘sad’
sum of absolute differences, fast (default)
‘sse’
sum of squared errors
‘satd’
sum of absolute Hadamard transformed differences
‘dct’
sum of absolute DCT transformed differences
‘psnr’
sum of squared quantization errors (avoid, low quality)
‘bit’
number of bits needed for the block
‘rd’
rate distortion optimal, slow
So basically enable RDO for all decisions (except pre-pass, unnecessary), because NVENC is that fast. Try that, x264.
+chroma for motion estimation on chroma planes.

-dct=int -idct=int
H264 already by default uses integer DCT, just put these two here in case encoder uses fast integer for speed.

-flags=+loop
Enable loop filter to increase motion estimation quality

-err_detect=+crccheck+bitstream+buffer -ec=+guess_mvs+deblock+favor_inter
Singal decoder to enable more error detection and correction functions. The cost is not on us so why not.

Xaymar

As already explained on EposVox's Discord, these options do nothing for encoders that don't support them. Just because FFmpeg lists them does not mean that the implementation of the encoder actually reads them. For example:
  • AMD AMF will only respond to -flags=+loop to enable loop deblocking.
  • NVIDIA NVENC will respond to none of the listed options
These options may do something with x264, but they do absolutely nothing with other enconders. You can verify this yourself by taking a look at the source code of FFmpeg.

levindeed

For those who have issues like "the new version doesn't even show in obs" - don't be like me, delete the previous version of streamfx before installing the new one. I spent like 2 hours trying to understand why sourse mirroring wasn't working, and turned out I am just an idiot xd

Status
Not open for further replies.