Question / Help Stream powepoint and a video from Camera

vajra_cool

Hello All ,

I have below requirement , and i couldn`t find option to stream from OBS . If you can share an idea on how i can do , I would really appreciate it.

Offline Setup (no streaming ) which i am doing today :
1. I give presentation from a stage
2. I have a Microsoft power point presentation which I project onto a screen from a projector.
3. I play video(s) on computer which will be projected on screen through the projector.

People who attend my meeting in person has no problem as they can see me and see the presentation as well.

Now I want to stream all of these which means .
1. My stage presentation which I am thinking of capturing through a Video camera or Smart Phone.
2. My Powerpoint presentation which has slide of videos as well.
3. Video(s) I play on computer .

Also during the streaming , can I switch between the applications?

Can OBS do this?

P.S. - I will take someone else help when I presenting , but I want to prepare the setup .

koala

Can OBS do this?
It depends on what kind of product you want to create with OBS. Probably, the answer is yes.
You identified 3 sources:
- a camera (captures your stage presentation)
- a screen capture of a Windows application (Powerpoint)
- some media you play on the computer (video files)

These kind of sources can be created and connected to from within OBS. You place these sources on the OBS canvas, scale and crop them, and you have your composited video recording.

It depends on what kind of product you want to create with OBS. Probably, the answer is yes.
You identified 3 sources:
- a camera (captures your stage presentation)
- a screen capture of a Windows application (Powerpoint)
- some media you play on the computer (video files)

These kind of sources can be created and connected to from within OBS. You place these sources on the OBS canvas, scale and crop them, and you have your composited video recording.

Hi koala, I am trying to use Studio mode to show a presentation via classroom projector. I've used Powerpoint in 'presenter view' mode and was able to see and control the slides while the classroom is looking a particular slide. I've tried with OBS but it shows the whole screen including the preview window in Studio mode. Any help? :)

koala

I'm sorry, but your description ist too rough to understand what you exactly did, what appeared on wherever you wanted the output, and what you expected to appear.