STREAM PIXELATED WHEN MOVING

BROTH3RCAST

Hi, I just assembled my new computer I tried to make streams but it doesn't show well when I move. I've tried enabling network optimization but nothing changes.

PC SPEC:
i5 12600k
RX6800xt
16gb 3600mhz cl16

OBS SETTING:
Encoder: AMD HW H.264(AVC)
Rate Control: CBR
Bitrate: 6000Kbps
KeyFrames: 2s
Preset: Quality
Profile: High
Max B-Frames: 2
Cavas: 2k
Output: 1080p 60fps lanczos
Audio: 44.1kHz

Spedtest:
900download
90upload
a.png
asda.png
sasa.png
Senza titolo.png
Senza titolodada.png
a.pngasda.pngsasa.pngSenza titolo.pngSenza titolodada.png

sandrix

What did you expect from a Radeon graphics card? This guy https://www.twitch.tv/zorrrrrrrrro is streaming BF1 at 864p 8000 kbps on a Radeon RX 6600 XT. Even its stream is in pixels and nothing can be done about it.
Should have thought about this before buying a Radeon. I do not want to offend you, but there are just dozens of such topics. There is only one reason. The encoder on the Radeon sucks. If you want quality, you'll have to switch to x264 if possible, or use what's available.

UPD: The only thing you can do on AMD HW H.264 for twitch is lower the output resolution and set the bitrate to 8000 kbps.

Last edited:

Bleifresser

Try other encoder, maybe a native H.264, but they are more heavy on CPU.

You could also reduce your output resolution down to 1664x936 (is a native 16:9 resolution). I stream at this and it helps a lot with a 6000 bitrate.

Higher Bitrate might work, but Twitch officially doesn't support 8000, may cause errors e.g. frame loss, artifacts etc.

Last idea would need you to reduce your frames down to 30 fps, less frames = less needed bitrate.

sandrix

Try other encoder, maybe a native H.264, but they are more heavy on CPU.

You could also reduce your output resolution down to 1664x936 (is a native 16:9 resolution). I stream at this and it helps a lot with a 6000 bitrate.

Higher Bitrate might work, but Twitch officially doesn't support 8000, may cause errors e.g. frame loss, artifacts etc.

Last idea would need you to reduce your frames down to 30 fps, less frames = less needed bitrate.
The maximum bitrate on twitch is 8500 kbps including audio. You can safely set the video bitrate to 8000 kbps. It doesn't matter if you are a beginner streamer or a partner, it is available to everyone. 6000 kbsp is just the recommended bitrate by twitch! The only negative point is if your stream is not transcoded, you can potentially lose a viewer who will not be able to start the stream if he has a slow Internet. In fact, this never happens. Increasing the bitrate does not create any artifacts, but quite the opposite!

BROTH3RCAST

Il bitrate massimo su Twitch è di 8500 kbps incluso l'audio. Puoi tranquillamente impostare il bitrate del video su 8000 kbps. Non importa se sei uno streamer principiante o un partner, è disponibile per tutti. 6000 kbsp è solo il bitrate consigliato da twitch! L'unico punto negativo è che se il tuo stream non viene transcodificato, potresti potenzialmente perdere uno spettatore che non sarà in grado di avviare lo streaming se ha una connessione Internet lenta. In realtà, questo non accade mai. L'aumento del bitrate non crea alcun artefatto, ma al contrario!
Prova un altro codificatore, forse un H.264 nativo, ma sono più pesanti sulla CPU.

Puoi anche ridurre la risoluzione di output fino a 1664x936 (è una risoluzione nativa 16:9). Faccio streaming a questo e aiuta molto con un bitrate di 6000.

Un bitrate più alto potrebbe funzionare, ma Twitch ufficialmente non supporta 8000, potrebbe causare errori, ad esempio perdita di frame, artefatti, ecc.

L'ultima idea richiederebbe che tu riducessi i frame a 30 fps, meno frame = meno bitrate necessario.
Che risoluzione pensi che dovrei usare? 30fps is too low, from 60 can I go down to 48 is that ok? I had a rx 580 8gb before but it didn't suck so much in the streams it could be seen very well why now the 6800xt sucks so much? I thought since it's newer they will have improved even a little, however it's gone now but can the encoder improve over time with the drivers?

sandrix

The thing is, your GPU has a physical component that is dedicated to video encoding that has a specific configuration, so there isn't much that can be done.

Answering your question. You can use resolution 1664x936, 1536x864, 1280x720. All this allows you to save bitrate, the quality will be better. Please note that image clarity suffers as the resolution decreases, so a 720p stream will look blurry.
Saving bitrate with decreasing resolution, compared to 1920x1080:
1792x1008 12.89%
1664x936 24.89%
1600x900 30.56%
1536x864 36%
1440x810 43.75%
1408x792 46.22%
1280x720 55.56%
Reducing the FPS of the video will also help improve the quality, due to the savings in bitrate. For shooters, use 60 fps to get a smooth picture, and for slow games, you can switch to 30 fps.

As a result, if we are talking about a shooter, then you can use 720p 60fps, and for strategies and something like 1080p 30fps.
Just experiment, depending on the game you're streaming.

In any case, I advise you to use 8000 kbps, which is 33% more, as this will affect the quality the most.

BROTH3RCAST

The thing is, your GPU has a physical component that is dedicated to video encoding that has a specific configuration, so there isn't much that can be done.

Answering your question. You can use resolution 1664x936, 1536x864, 1280x720. All this allows you to save bitrate, the quality will be better. Please note that image clarity suffers as the resolution decreases, so a 720p stream will look blurry.

Reducing the FPS of the video will also help improve the quality, due to the savings in bitrate. For shooters, use 60 fps to get a smooth picture, and for slow games, you can switch to 30 fps.

As a result, if we are talking about a shooter, then you can use 720p 60fps, and for strategies and something like 1080p 30fps.
Just experiment, depending on the game you're streaming.

In any case, I advise you to use 8000 kbps, which is 33% more, as this will affect the quality the most.
ok thanks i will try 1600x900, do radeon 7000 have the same problem with encoder? how are the intel arcs doing? I guess nvidia is the best right?

sandrix

ok thanks i will try 1600x900, do radeon 7000 have the same problem with encoder? how are the intel arcs doing? I guess nvidia is the best right?
AMD and Intel graphics cards lag far behind NVIDIA in terms of video encoding, especially when it comes to H.264. As far as I know, the RX 7000 didn't see much improvement other than the addition of AV1. However, I haven't tested it myself and I don't have that option. Maybe EposVox has a review or other bloggers.

You can get high quality using AMD HW H.265 for recording or broadcasting only on YouTube. H.265 works much better on Radeon than H.264.

BROTH3RCAST

AMD and Intel graphics cards lag far behind NVIDIA in terms of video encoding, especially when it comes to H.264. As far as I know, the RX 7000 didn't see much improvement other than the addition of AV1. However, I haven't tested it myself and I don't have that option. Maybe EposVox has a review or other bloggers.

You can get high quality using AMD HW H.265 for recording or broadcasting only on YouTube. H.265 works much better on Radeon than H.264.
Is the only encoder supported by twitch h264? Will they add more in the future? if so, do you know which ones?

sandrix

Yes, twitch only supports H.264 so far. AV1 integration is planned for 2024 or 2025. I'm not even sure, it's difficult and very expensive, but it's great that there are serious plans for this. An entire conference was devoted to this.

kobe4_92

hi, if it is not too late for me to talk about my exprience on the amd h.264 encoder, it will be a pleasure for me to share with you my setting on my 6750xt, in effect, there are some commands that you can set in "AMF/FFMPEG option", because some commands are setted by default "off ", you need to force it to activate them, commands that i use are below :

HighMotionQualityBoostEnable=1 MaxConsecutiveBPictures=3 PATemporalAQMode=1 PAHighMotionQualityBoostMode=1 PAFrameSadEnable=true

HighMotionQualityBoostEnable and PAHighMotionQualityBoostMode give your streaming a boost when you move your camera in game, your images will be blurryless during some high motion scenes, and MaxConsecutiveBPictures allow you to force AMF to set b-frame to 3, after EposVox's video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNJLDS5gC7o&t=531s&ab_channel=EposVox), RX6000 users need to set b-frame to 3 to get the best quality after the last adrenaline update.

Here it's an exemple that you can check the quality from my setting

OBS SETTING:
Encoder: AMD HW H.264(AVC)
Rate Control: CBR
Bitrate: 8000Kbps
KeyFrames: 2s
Preset: Quality
Profile: High
Max B-Frames: 3
Cavas: 1080p
Output: 720p 60fps lanczos
Audio: 44.1kHz

sandrix

PAHighMotionQualityBoostMode does nothing because it requires EnablePreAnalysis and PALookAheadBufferDepth to be enabled.

PAHighMotionQualityBoostMode needs to be bypassed for now.

3 b-frames, this is only actulano for non-dynamic content. The universal value is 2.1 for shooters.

HighMotionQualityBoostEnable=true this really works.

Some idiot posted useless parameters for AMF on reddit and now it's gone viral. Everything is much more complicated.

I would recommend avoiding any of the Pre-Analysis features, as we have tested them in discord obs a long time ago and made sure that the new features work very poorly.

kobe4_92

PAHighMotionQualityBoostMode does nothing because it requires EnablePreAnalysis and PALookAheadBufferDepth to be enabled.

PAHighMotionQualityBoostMode needs to be bypassed for now.

3 b-frames, this is only actulano for non-dynamic content. The universal value is 2.1 for shooters.

HighMotionQualityBoostEnable=true this really works.

Some idiot posted useless parameters for AMF on reddit and now it's gone viral. Everything is much more complicated.

I would recommend avoiding any of the Pre-Analysis features, as we have tested them in discord obs a long time ago and made sure that the new features work very poorly.

thx for your share !!! i will take a look.