Question / Help Stream Instability since updating to High Sierra... kb/s in the Red

djjordansanchez

I recently updated my 2017 MacBook Pro to High Sierra and have been experience a myriad of problems. OBS seems to freeze a bit on launch, which has never happened before, but that's manageable. I did have some lag issues with gameplay that I was able to manage by changing my encoder from software to hardware. This helped with the CPU issue I was having.

However, there is one issue I cannot seem to solve. My stream will be going great for a while.. maybe 40 minutes to an hour (even 2 hours). But after that, the kb/s will dip and the red square will show up. Usually, I would just have to wait it out a few seconds for the kb/s to come back up and the square to light up green again. However, this does not happen. The only remedy seems to be restarting the stream. However, I've been restarting streams about 5 or 6 times per streaming session, and that is quite inconvenient. I can't seem to figure out why this is happening.

I recently ran a test stream and monitored through Twitch Inspector. My stream was super stable at an average bitrate of 2,388 kbps. However, 2 hours later, the dreaded red square came back. My kbps stayed around the same, but my FPS was down to 0 according to Twitch Inspector. On OBS itself, it showed a kb/s around 100 and no dropped frames. So I am very confused. I have attached a log. Please let me know what I can do to help fix this:

Attachments

• 2018-11-09 12-24-11.txt
    12.5 KB · Views: 31

Narcogen

If OBS and Twitch Inspector both agree, the issue is your internet connection. Your log does show a noticeable quantity of dropped frames.

15:39:34.655: Output 'adv_stream': Number of lagged frames due to rendering lag/stalls: 403 (0.1%)
15:39:34.655: Output 'adv_stream': Number of dropped frames due to insufficient bandwidth/connection stalls: 76553 (12.8%)