Source Record

Source Record 0.3.2

RoflMyPancakes

SOLVED:

I maybe misunderstood what tacks mean vs the source selector. I went into advanced audio properties and saw everything was set to every track. I unchecked everything from track 1 except Line In, and set this plugin to track 1, now I am ONLY getting my game audio and no mic!

Edit: Changed to track 6 so track 1 (the merged track) is what streams and records the default recording, and track 6 is what is just line in for just gameplay via this plugin.

Last edited:

EdwardNottingham

hotkeys set for 'save replay' will reset once you restart OBS. So remember to set them every time you boot.

Thank you for mentioning this! I was going crazy trying to figure out if this was only happening to me, and was therefore a problem with my specific installation. By any chance, did you ever find a fix for this?

lindenkron

Thank you for mentioning this! I was going crazy trying to figure out if this was only happening to me, and was therefore a problem with my specific installation. By any chance, did you ever find a fix for this?
There's unfortunately no fix. There's quite a few issues with Source Record at the moment. From my exeperience it's unfortunately still both too unstable and unreliable to use for a lot of things. It has a 0 possibility of usecase for instany replay. Perhaps there's a possible usecase for straight up recording a source while live, for post editing reasons - but I've not tested that. All I know is hotkeys are broken, filters are broken, replay buffer is broken over time - with no real "hack" or work around to get it to somewhat function.

It is a shame, it's a tool/feature desired by many, but the developer unfortunately either doesn't have the time right now to look into the issue, or doesn't feel it's important enough to warrant their time.

EdwardNottingham

I have time and it is important to me, but I have not been able to find out what is causing the issues.
These plugins are clearly important to you, or you wouldn't have put so much time into making them for us :) so thank you!!!

As for the Source Record plugin, I don't seem to have many of the issues that others are experiencing, it works really well for me and only uses 4% of my GPU which is honestly amazing. My one real issue that stops me from being able to use it in a production environment, is the "Save Buffer" hotkey not saving.

If there are any steps I can take to help you diagnose any of these issues, then please let me know, as I would be more than happy to help.

Exeldro

@EdwardNottingham is the hotkey self not saved or the replay not saved?
For a hotkey not saving I would like to know if the hotkey is found in the json of the scene collection, to know if it is the saving that goes wrong or the loading of the hotkey data.
For a replay not saving I would like to know if there are errors in the OBS log file. This is what it can look like when it works:
Code:
18:23:20.335: [ffmpeg muxer: 'Source Record'] Wrote replay buffer to 'C:/Users/Exeldro/Videos/2022-02-03 18-23-20.mkv'
Also what settings are used on the filter can help me diagnose a problem.

EdwardNottingham

@Exeldro Thank you for your reply :) For me, the replay saves perfectly, it is just the "Save Replay" hotkey that isn't persistent.
I have done some digging following your guidance, and I do believe it is the loading of the hotkey data where the problem lies.

I launched OBS, and checked if the hotkey had loaded in after the reboot, it hadn't. So, I exported my scene, checked the json file, and searched for "save_replay" and there it was, my F21 hotkey that I had set last time I used OBS.

Save Replay Hotkey.jpg

lindenkron

@Exeldro Thank you for your reply :) For me, the replay saves perfectly, it is just the "Save Replay" hotkey that isn't persistent.
I have done some digging following your guidance, and I do believe it is the loading of the hotkey data where the problem lies.

I launched OBS, and checked if the hotkey had loaded in after the reboot, it hadn't. So, I exported my scene, checked the json file, and searched for "save_replay" and there it was, my F21 hotkey that I had set last time I used OBS.

View attachment 79796
Thanks for the research. I've experienced the same. For specifically instant replay usage of this Plugin there's a trifecta issue making it currently not usable for this. This being a key one.

1. Bug that over time increases the duration of how much time it takes to save a replay. (From my test, initial's about 1½ sec. After a few hrs, 22 sec~)
2. Bug that means if you restart OBS OR reset the filter (check eye off/on) it will reset your hotkey.
3. Bug where settings aren't saved unless you reset the filter (check eye off/on).

If 2) gets fixed, even with bug 1) you could still use this by being hacky. Basically, the 1) bug (again, from my testing) appears to reset in save time after resetting the filter. Issue with this is, it resets the hotkey, so there's currently not way to cheat your way out of the glitches.

A fix to keep the hotkey persistent would allow usage of this plugin, by scripting/automating a filter hide/show to reset the source record filter. It wouldn't be ideal obviously, but it would make it usable.

HTWingNut

An update, I was tinkering a bit more and it seems that the tracks record properly but sources record too fast. Maybe it's the different sample rates or something like that that's causing it or something?

I have the same issue. Hopefully this is being worked on? It's basically not usable if source file recordings are not in sync with the main OBS file. Does a fix exist for this? From my reading, it doesn't seem so.

HTWingNut

I have the same issue. Hopefully this is being worked on? It's basically not usable if source file recordings are not in sync with the main OBS file. Does a fix exist for this? From my reading, it doesn't seem so.

I guess there is no edit button on this forum? Anyhow I found I can run multiple instances of OBS as portable versions with virtualcam plugin, start/stop with same macro key. Seems to work. Would be nice to have it automated in one plugin like this one is trying to do. Hope they manage to get it sorted eventually.

XanderPaul

Just found this plugin and it is just what I needed for some content editing, thank you very much for creating it. However I am having a similar audio issue that others seemed to be having.

When ever I activate the filter, not even recording yet just set active, all of my audio begins to crack/cut out every few seconds. I have tinkered with the "Different Audio" setting as recommended and still having this issue. Troubles stop as soon as I set the filter to inactive.

Any suggestions?

Liminality

I love the idea of this plugin for doing editing as well, but is there any way to have it record the multiple audio-tracks like what standard OBS allows? I use different audio tracks to be able to do post-processing levels adjustment of mic/game/discord but can't do that with the system as is it seems.

Nivienne89

Hi, I'm trying to use this amazing plugin and it works fine. I set record mode to "alwaus" and created with touchportal a button that enable and disable the filter but if I set to 30 second the replay buffer time it only register since one I enable the source, anyone can help me fixing this issue? Thank you so much

BrunoDanUy

Hello Exeldro!
I just installed this plugin and I found it really useful.

I wanted to ask, is there a chance to add support for recording multiple audio tracks?
I typically use 5 different audio tracks.

Right now what I do is record with OBS native record function in a lower video quality (to preserve Hard Drive space), while also recording high quality game-only with Source Record.
When I edit the recordings, I need to match Source Record's video track with OBS native's audio tracks.

Being able to record multiple audio tracks with SourceRecord would greatly improve my workflow!

Rdelaura

So I've been trying to get it to work for recording a "Scene" I set the filter, test it and its recording the Scene that is currently displaying, not the one that has the filter applied. I'm really stumped on why it would do this

Also how does it know what resolution to record at?

Thanks in advance

dionijurado

As soon as the plug in runs and the game with it to capture, my keyboard and mouse start to freeze every now and then. Multiple people are having this problem. Nothing changes this problem (different encoders, different settings).

dionijurado

As soon as the plug in runs and the game with it to capture, my keyboard and mouse start to freeze every now and then. Multiple people are having this problem. Nothing changes this problem (different encoders, different settings).

UPDATE: Try to plug your mouse and keyboard directly into you PC

OtterNas3n

For all the "Hotkey is not saving" People out there:
If you set your Hotkey for "Save Replay" in the Hotkey List under the "Source Record" section, it does indead reset the Hotkey to nothing on next OBS boot
2022-03-04 22_57_56-Settings.png

---BUT---
If you set the Hotkey "Save Replay" in your Scene where you use the Source Record, it will survive the restart of OBS!
2022-03-04 22_56_46-Settings.png

The only remaining issue is the Audio-Delay over recorded Time, if that will have another review @Exeldro , Plugin will be 100% perfect.
It does not even need the Record, i only use it for another Replay Buffer, and even that has a massive Audio-Delay over a short amount of Time

Rdelaura

I'm gonna shoot my shot one more time. Can you apply this filter to a scene instead of a source and record that? I have tried and it only records the scene that is actively showing (Doesnt even have the filter on it). Reason is I stream in ultrawide so it creates black bars on top and bottom. I have raised my gameplay up to only show the bottom 3rd which I use for information. I have a scene that has the gameplay centered and that is what I want to record. If I just do the source on the main scene it would record but have a huge black bar on the bottom...Any help is greatly appreciated