Source Record

Source Record 0.3.2

ProfeGamingTV

Hi !

Thank you very much for this plugin, it could be a life saver for all the streamers !

However, i got a little problem :

My goal is to stream in OBS with a webcam using NVidia Broadcast, and in the same time I want to record separatly in 3 separate files :

- the game (in 2K),
- the discord audio,
- and an other camera than my webcam (for better quality, in 1080p).

Everything is configured and recording is working great for the videos (stream + record gameplay + camera nvenc and record discord audio with only a text source in x264), but after a few tests, the audio is gradually becpming desynchronized.

It is synchronized with the videos at the very beginning, then the longer the recording lasts, the more it becomes desynchronized.

The videos have no problems and are usable except with this audio problem.

My PC is equipped with a Ryzen 5900x, RTX 3080 Ti and 64GB DDR4, and the processor is only used about 50/60% during the game + stream + recording (on Rage 2 for example), the GPU oscillates from 40 to 80% and the temps are 65/70°C on CPU and 70°C on GPU on average.

I don't feel like this is a hardware limitation but really a problem with the plugin, is it possible? Is it possible to fix it? Or maybe a settings that I didn't see ?

Thank you !

Have you found a fix on this issue ?

This is driving me crazy because everything is neat except audio delay.

-Profe

Legends_Media

Hello there, The Plugin Is Awesome I Just Found Out About It But The Recording Seems A Little "fast" now that is great for timelapses but is there a way i can do it for regular speed hope to get an awesome have a great day thank you for your time :)

also this has been my encoder settings in case that has to do something with this

Attachments

• Picture1.png
    Picture1.png
    36.2 KB · Views: 86

octini

I recently installed the Source Record plugin, and it's functional, but the recordings are unusable and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I'm trying to record both raw gameplay and my camera feed, along with the normal recording of my full overlay. The full recording comes out just fine, but it's not being run through the plugin. The camera and gameplay recordings are an incredibly low framerate and are consistently less than half the length of the recorded segment, even if I only recorded for 10 seconds. It's not being fast forwarded, as the audio and video both end x seconds into the recording, as opposed to skipping ahead to end where it's supposed to. The camera and gameplay recordings are always the same length as each other.

What I've tried: I have relaunched OBS several times, uninstalled and reinstalled the plugin (using both the installer and via drag-and-dropping the files), tried both x264 and NVENC encoding for the plugin recordings, set my bitrate to several different values ranging from 2500 to 25000, set the other plugin quality settings both higher and lower (ie choosing "Maximum Quality" or "Maximum Performance" for NVENC's quality preset and enabling and disabling Psycho Tuning), tried disabling the plugin for one of the sources (via "hiding" the filter) and recording only one at a time, messed around with the local recording settings in OBS Settings (I've currently got it set to NVENC New, recording at 10,000 kbps, but I've done NVENC as well, and had my bitrate as low as 2500), saved the recordings to both an internal mechanical hard drive as well as my boot drive, which is an NVME SSD, and set OBS to always run as admin.

None of this appears to make any difference. I don't believe it's an issue of hardware resources bottle-necking, given I've tried recording only a single additional source and haven't seen any improvement, and my computer is capable enough (I have a Ryzen 7 3700X and an RTX 2080). But I haven't been able to figure out what else I could do to get it to work. I'm including a link to my last log file. Thanks in advance.

https://obsproject.com/logs/ArOeUq_DLyk9toP9

octini

I recently installed the Source Record plugin, and it's functional, but the recordings are unusable and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I'm trying to record both raw gameplay and my camera feed, along with the normal recording of my full overlay. The full recording comes out just fine, but it's not being run through the plugin. The camera and gameplay recordings are an incredibly low framerate and are consistently less than half the length of the recorded segment, even if I only recorded for 10 seconds. It's not being fast forwarded, as the audio and video both end x seconds into the recording, as opposed to skipping ahead to end where it's supposed to. The camera and gameplay recordings are always the same length as each other.

What I've tried: I have relaunched OBS several times, uninstalled and reinstalled the plugin (using both the installer and via drag-and-dropping the files), tried both x264 and NVENC encoding for the plugin recordings, set my bitrate to several different values ranging from 2500 to 25000, set the other plugin quality settings both higher and lower (ie choosing "Maximum Quality" or "Maximum Performance" for NVENC's quality preset and enabling and disabling Psycho Tuning), tried disabling the plugin for one of the sources (via "hiding" the filter) and recording only one at a time, messed around with the local recording settings in OBS Settings (I've currently got it set to NVENC New, recording at 10,000 kbps, but I've done NVENC as well, and had my bitrate as low as 2500), saved the recordings to both an internal mechanical hard drive as well as my boot drive, which is an NVME SSD, and set OBS to always run as admin.

None of this appears to make any difference. I don't believe it's an issue of hardware resources bottle-necking, given I've tried recording only a single additional source and haven't seen any improvement, and my computer is capable enough (I have a Ryzen 7 3700X and an RTX 2080). But I haven't been able to figure out what else I could do to get it to work. I'm including a link to my last log file. Thanks in advance.

https://obsproject.com/logs/ArOeUq_DLyk9toP9
Ope. Please disregard this, I fixed it tonight. I use several nested scenes, and I was applying the source record filter to the nested scene and not to the source within that scene. Once I applied it directly to the source, it worked perfectly.

pedrodiluca

I got something really rare happening and I can't debug it. Basically I have the plugin seted up in a way to record only when I am streaming and every now and then it works, but most of the time the recording are either capped and dont record anything else or sound problems happen, like 6 hours worth of recording is usually 40 something GB and sometimes the recording doesn't go beyond 16gb, I can't find a solution at all for this!

Hello Exeldro!

Running in-depth testing for SourceRecord and it works for me using HEVC 265 (being aware of limited session topic - 3 sessions on my NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti).

However, there seems to be a storage issue which I was not able to finally sort out. The plugin works perfectly for my use case of storing short replay files but suddenly, writing .mkvs to disk stops working (see attached log).

I use Touch Portal to trigger the filter directly on my video source (Magewell USB Capture coming from an external switcher) and see, that the filter is still triggered in OBS but expected .mkv file won't show up in target directory.

What I see in task manager is, that with every filter trigger and additional ffmpeg muxer is launched below the OBS entry which I then kill manually but still no mitigation of the issue. Once it happens, no further storage of files is possible with SourceRecord plugin.

Only work around is OBS restart which I really want to avoid aiming for running this setup for live TV in future. Any ideas about a solution?

PS: I store to local C:\Drive - SSD

Andreas

Attachments

• 2021-12-31 16-22-09.txt
    197.1 KB · Views: 24

Rdelaura

Ok here's my issue. I stream in ultrawide so I bring my scene up to the top and utilize the bottom part for webcam, etc. So I have a Scene that is just centered gameplay. I tried to apply Source Record to the Scene & it records but is super choppy. Is this because I'm trying to do it on the Scene? I cant do the source to get the effect I want.

cybernick

I am doing something wrong? I set 3 sources to record besides the main scene.
When I press record it records the main and the other two. The third is missing. To record the third I need to set the encoder to Software.

hobbes927

First off, what a great plugin! I am having a bit of a problem though. I don't know if anyone else is having the problem of OBS not saving the Hotkey assignment for instant replay with this plugin. It saves assignments for other items, just not this one. I'm wondering if the hotkey option is dynamically loaded on startup and OBS doesn't know how to store the value. It doesn't matter if I run OBS as admin or not. It's just not there the next time I load up OBS. Any help would be appreciated.

Ninbura

I am doing something wrong? I set 3 sources to record besides the main scene.
When I press record it records the main and the other two. The third is missing. To record the third I need to set the encoder to Software.
That's because NVIDIA GPUs have a 3 stream limit, there's patches to bypass it but most don't work with the latest Nvidia drivers:

You can run an earlier driver and it still works, I do this on my capture PC.

Ninbura

Is the replay buffer hard capped at 100s or is there a way to bypass that?

Can't seem to find any info in that regard, I'd like to set it to 500s.

That's because NVIDIA GPUs have a 3 stream limit, there's patches to bypass it but most don't work with the latest Nvidia drivers:

You can run an earlier driver and it still works, I do this on my capture PC.

Which Driver Version do you use? Do you run your capture PC on Windows or Linux?

Ninbura

Which Driver Version do you use? Do you run your capture PC on Windows or Linux?
Just so others know I use driver 472.12, I got with Andreas in a DM to further explain.

Is the replay buffer hard capped at 100s or is there a way to bypass that?

Can't seem to find any info in that regard, I'd like to set it to 500s.
I meant 300s (5 minutes), this is what I have OBS's default replay buffer at and was hoping to match that.

RobertJC22

I was wondering whether there is some data about what level of performance my computer should have to record 2x 1920x1080 streams and one screen (2560x1440) for creating online tutorials. I have an iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017) with a 3.8 Ghz quad-core Inter Core i5, with 40 Gb memory, graphics AMD Radeon Pro 580 8Gb. The two external screen are running at 2560x1440 via an OWC Thunderbolt Dock (their latest). One of the cam feeds is via Elgato CamLink 4K and the other cam will be a built-in Apple cam. I have set the encoder in the effect filter to hardware for all filters. Am I asking too much of this set up?

Thanks for looking at this !

ThatDudeD3v

Upon the update now, sounds like we in fact have crisp clean playback audio wise but it is no longer picking up the source.

Just a green screen like shown below after attempting with multiple sources
Screenshot 2022-01-29 060221.png

RoflMyPancakes

Read through the reviews and I'm having the same problem many are having:

- if I do not select an audio track, sound is choppy and crackling, but DOES only record the source I pick
- if I pick an audio track the crackling goes away, but it DOES NOT only record the selected source, it records ALL sources

So either broken sound, or not raw game footage (mic and desktop audio layered on).

The interesting thing is when the sound crackles it seems to be when other audio sources like mic are playing, so it's like not selecting a track I get interference from my other sources, but selecting a track I get clean audio with ALL sources despite my selection.

Edit2: It's not combining all audio sources, I'm not gettig desktop audio, but I am getting mic for some reason.

I've tried the x264 and nvenc (NOT new), no change.

Edit3: I'm trying to record only Line In. When I monitor line in I'm only getting sound from my gaming machine going to my streaming machine. I confirmed by monitoring output that mic is not combining with line in somewhow. It's only when I'm recording with this plugin, mic is getting merged with line in on the same audio track.

Last edited: