Source Record

Source Record 0.3.2

squarkp

And I figured it out too.

SR records only with your base resolution. So if your base resolution is 1440p (like me), it will record 1440p and theres no way to change the resolution. That is why my cpu usage was skyrocketing to 60-70-80%. Hopefully we get this option eventually. Unless I missed something of course.
You can put a crop/rescale filter before it on a duplicated item.

Max405

Hi,
I must say, this Plug in works perfectly for my needs. I am a solo Chord Melody Guitar player who records video's with mulitple cameras. I edit them and post them on YouTube. This plug-in took me while to configure (probably because I didnt really understand OBS that well), but I am glad I was patient. The plug-in works great. It basically replaced Corel's MultiCam Capture in my workflow. I feel that having the ability to have more control over the settings for recording in OBS is going to improve the Quality of my Video's. I use an iphone 12proMax camera, A gen 3 iPad Pro Camera, IVCam and a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 to make my videos. OBS and the Source Record Plug-in tied everything together nicely for me. 1080p 30 frames per second.
If I may, I'd like to thank Exeldro for using his talent and abilities to try and help the Community. Thank You Sir!
Thanks,
Joe DeNisco

jms27000

Hi, obs people

I have just discovered the obs source record plug-in and tested it on windows 10 successfully, but with too much cpu power consumed with the last version of obs

So, I tried it on a Ubuntu studio 21.10 and it crashed immediately after typing the filter name. I tried again under Fedora 35 : same thing. Then, I compiled obs from scratch and same result.

What's going wrong?

Thank for your time. Jean-Marie

Tsoruu

Hi, OBS communities and probably Source Record Developers...

I have some confusion about how the Source Record plug-in works... I've set it up and tested it and it's all working fine. I use the filter on the OBS game capture with the record mode is set to "Streaming or Recording", and the way I test it is that I started the recording on the scene the OBS game capture is on while the game is running. Then I started streaming and the strange things happened at the end of the stream, Source Record doesn't record my gameplay. I know I have many variables that could potentially make Source Record unable to record my gameplay (When I started streaming, I choose a starting scene that doesn't have game capture, streaming on the run - recording on the test, the game is not opened when I start streaming, etc). Is there any documentation about this behavior? also, What's the difference between "Always" and "Streaming or Recording"? Does always mean the moment I boot up a game, it starts recording, or the moment I did either stream, recording, or streaming and recording at the same time it starts recording? Your guys' help would be appreciated.

Thank you for your time, Sava Savero

Ryan Ellerbe

I am having a weird issue. If I try to record my face camera it looks almost like stop motion. Its like its dropping a lot of frames and if I record the face cam in just straight OBS its fine. I attached the log file hoping someone would see something that I am missing.

Note: I tried NVENC (new), NVENC, and x264 but none seemed to work.

Update: I even tried always under record and then didnt start any records in obs or streaming. I wanted to see if it was just not enough resource and it still was super choppy.

Attachments

• 2021-11-21 23-12-14.txt
    375.9 KB · Views: 17

Ryan Ellerbe

Update 2 : I tried just using the plugin to record my game play that was a different source and it worked great and looked good. For some weird reason its only my face cam. The capture device is an Elgato camlink 4k. I even tried putting all the settings for the face cam to default, just to see if that was the problem.

Ryan Ellerbe

Update 3: I thought maybe because my face cam was 4k 30 fps it could be the problem. I set the face cam to 1080p 60 fps and it recorded perfect. I would really like to keep it on 4k 30 fps, is there a way to maybe add some drop downs for resolution and frame rate?

Max405

Hi,
One other thing I learned.
I was only getting 3 recordings simultaneously. Desktop, Iphone and Ipad. I was trying to add another camera and I was not getting the 4th file. And then I watched EposVox's video and he taught me that the encoder I was using (NVENC) was limited to 3 encoding sessions at one time. So I set the 3rd camera to h264 viola!! the 3rd camera appeared!
The beauty of this plug-in, is it lets me get extremely good quality, with a very simple setup, using stuff I already have. 1920x1080 30fps is plenty for what I do. Being able to control Bit rates, resolution and fps allows me to squeeze as much quality out of my setup as my computer will allow.
Now the only thing I need to figure out is how to get the Audio to Sync. I wish that was automatic, but I already notice lag. So, little by little, I will get this.
Thank You Eposvox. Thank You Exeldro. And Thanks Activator for explaining how to put it all together at 1st.
I want to post a link to my 1st video using this setup and I hope its OK.
Awesome stuff. I am having a blast with this stuff!
Joe D

sotspodcast

This could be very cool. I'm having an issue where the audio does not record & every time I hit "stop recording" the cams will freeze, the audio claims to still be going through the meters & OBS is frozen as well. When I force close OBS the files will have saved but, alas, no audio. I am using the newest version & can upload the log files if the creator of this would like to help out.

sotspodcast

Ok, correction. My bad maybe. Turned on the computer today & everything saves (maybe just needed a restart?). No freezes unless using the AMD encoder. Audio records, but audio lags. Bad. Using only the software or x264 encoder seems to work. But CPU jumps to 70-80%. I'm using 7 webcams & it does essentially work, but is a killer on the CPU.

I will be using 12 cams tomorrow & will upload the log file.

This could be very cool. I'm having an issue where the audio does not record & every time I hit "stop recording" the cams will freeze, the audio claims to still be going through the meters & OBS is frozen as well. When I force close OBS the files will have saved but, alas, no audio. I am using the newest version & can upload the log files if the creator of this would like to help out.

CountCristo

Hi - thanks a lot for making this great plugin.

My use case is basically I'd like to stream all sources, and record only some of them. I've achieved this by putting those I want to record into a group and applying the source record filter to that group as shown:
1638105311839.png

All the filter settings beyond those shown are default.

I have two issues I'd love peoples input on if possible. Firstly my audio has pops and crackles in it, every few seconds it skips and cuts.

Secondly I've set it up to record mode 'recording' so I can still have a timer in OBS for how long I have been recording, however this now results in double recording (both from source record and the default OBS recording which I assume increases the performance hit - is there a way to get around that? something to 'nulify' the base recording?

Many thanks!

Pixelfresser

Hi, sorry if the question has been answered already.

Is it possible to set a standart name for the replay buffer recordings?
At this moment there are no differences between a normal record or the replay buffer recordings.

Second question, is it possible to set the replay buffer recordings so that I can use them for the instant replay in the live stream?

Skopin

Hey everyone,

I just tried setting this up, but I must be doing something wrong. I set up the source record filter only on my main game capture window, but the video that it records is also including my webcam as if I were doing a normal recording. I can't figure out where I am going wrong, as I only have the filter set up on the single source.

qwe1154323937

Hello, I am a user in the Chinese area. Your plug-in has helped me a lot.
However, I noticed that you did not localize it. I provided Chinese localization for it. I hope you can add it in the next version!

Attachments

• zh-CN.zip
    598 bytes · Views: 19

ProfeGamingTV

I have been using this plugin for a while and this has been the best plugin I have ever used.
Right now I am streaming to 2 platforms at the same time without HW issues and without Network issues.
Also, I am recording my gameplay without stream overlays and all that stuff so I can have clean footage for my clips,etc.

Video Quality of that recording is remarkable. The only issue that I have is that the audio is delayed.
The biggest issue with this delay is that it is progressive delay. Meaning that even when I sync up one time and can't rely on the video to be completely synced.

Any suggestions on this regard? Is there something that I can try to make sure Source Record plugin doesnt have this issue?

Both of my streams doesnt present any delayed audio.
PC Specs
CPU: Intel i9 10900k
GPU: 3080 GeForce RTX
RAM: 32GB

I can provide video examples if someone ask them.

Thanks in advance!
-Profe