Source Record

Source Record 0.3.2

@datlaunchystark as work around you can use an audio track with only that source on it. In the source record filter set different audio to a track and in advanced audio properties make sure only that source is checked on that track
That does work but I was looking for a way to record a source with audio without having to transition to it (which I can do with NDI).
Thanks for the help anyways and keep up the good work :)

Uriyel

I'm having a hard time with the Replay Buffer aspect of this. It doesn't seem to capture well if I set both full cam source and game cap source to the same codec. One of them captures (my cam) will just be a 15s long still image. Setting one to mp4 and the other to mkv (example), seems to work ok for a bit, then just stops capturing. It could be from the various settings I was testing that it stopped captures. Unfortunately there are no errors or crashes for this behavior.

Anyone else out there seeing this or is it working just fine for you? What are your settings?

Hello Exeldro,

I have been trying the plugin, and I am not able to get the audio recorded.

When I set "Record Mode" to Recording, it records the audio but with some weird noises.
When I ser "Record Mode" to Always and activate and deactivate the filter, it does not record the audio at all.

Also I tried all the combinations in "Different Audio" tab, and the only thing I got is that if I set Record Mode: Always, set the track and the source, it records the audio only if the source is in "Program"

Here is my log: https://obsproject.com/logs/cb9dkbha68VtgsOM

iSvein

Hello Exeldro,

I have been trying the plugin, and I am not able to get the audio recorded.

When I set "Record Mode" to Recording, it records the audio but with some weird noises.
When I ser "Record Mode" to Always and activate and deactivate the filter, it does not record the audio at all.

Also I tried all the combinations in "Different Audio" tab, and the only thing I got is that if I set Record Mode: Always, set the track and the source, it records the audio only if the source is in "Program"

Here is my log: https://obsproject.com/logs/cb9dkbha68VtgsOM

Welcome to the club! We are many who has the same audio problems.
The only way that seems to work as intended for now is to record from one of the 6 OBS audio tracks.
If you don't use all of them for something, you can isolate the source to one track in advanced audio settings.
(see Exeldros post on top of this page, #161)
For some it works fine to record the audio of the source recorded if any, but for others (like me) not even that works)

Kwozy

Is there a way to get the latest's replay buffer saved by the filter through OBSLua like you can with the built in replay buffer? I think it would be a good feature as I made a script that auto sorts the clips but it needs access to the replay buffer file through OBSLua. The issue I am having with the script I made is it has my overlay which I don't want, this is where your plugin would be great. Thanks

deegarp

@retsofaj I made it for video sources, but I might get it it working for audio only sources too at a later moment.
adding an option for when to record should be possible, let me add that to my todo list
recording:
  • no recording
  • always
  • when program recording
  • when program streaming
  • when program streaming or recording
Something like these options might work instead of the record checkbox.
This plug-in isvery usefull for all specially for streamers.
When is your next update for audio problem?
I'd just tried your record source to the source video record. but doesn't record audio.

Lyfesaver

Have the audio issues been resolved yet? I would love to use this plugin but me and a bunch of my friends just cant and we are sad

Exeldro

Known issues with work arounds
  • encoder NVENC new not working / taking output
    use an other encoder
  • Audio crackling
    Use different audio and select an audio track (leave source empty)
  • width not divisible by 2 in OBS log file
    Add crop filter to the source with 1 pixel right

ckbcowboy

@Exeldro this is amazing, thanks!

Separately: do you have any thoughts around a "Source Stream" plugin?

The reason I ask is that I've been trying to find a way to stream to Twitch while simultaneously recording the stream minus any Twitch overlays to disk, so I can later upload bits of that to YouTube, without any of the Twitch stuff. I have been looking at setting up two instances of OBS. OBS instance A has all the scenes you switch between, none of which contain Twitch overlays, that you record to disk and output as a virtual camera. OBS instance B would just have one scene with A's virtual camera + Twitch overlays, which would be streamed.

BUT... if we could stream a source instead of just the main output, imagine this alternative: You have a single OBS instance with all the scenes you switch between, none of which contain Twitch overlays, that you record to disk and output as a virtual camera. Then you have a single scene with the virtual camera + Twitch overlays, which would be streamed. Well, assuming there was a plugin that would allow us to stream just one scene. :D

Wouldn't that be cool? I mean, if it were at all possible, of course.

iSvein

I tested out different audio-->Source now.
Much better than before, sounds like it plays in the right speed now, but got some random pops in the recorded audio.

Recording with the "Audio Track" option works 100%

Lyfesaver

Might I request that you take Source Record one step further? Can we have a "selection" of sources to record BUT not stream. What I am asking might not be doable tho.

Allow me to break down my idea. As you know I am using a bot to trigger the recording of each individual song as it gets played in Beat Saber/Synth Riders. Start of song, recording starts... end of song, recording stops.
What would be ideal is if I had a source that had the text of my twitch addy in the bottom right corner and that source is added to the recoding but not shown live as my little t-shirt avatar guy is there when streaming.

MrElite_ttv

Ive set up everything right and set up the different audio part to go to my mic but for some reason the audio and my webcam footage when recorded dont sync but they are synced on stream any way to fix this