Source Record

Source Record 0.3.4

ThePerfectName

How do you set up the replay to act as the instant-replay.lua and can choose a media source? I set up the replay buffer and I see that it makes a new file every time I hit the hotkey but can't make it happen to a specific source

Agape Multimidia

Hello people! I found the plugin amazing! But I'm having problems, when selecting the Nvenc encoder it ends up recording the PGM of the OBS and not the specific source. I was only able to record the specific sources separately using the X264 encoder. Has anyone else had this problem? Thank you!

CaJaWa

Does anyone have any tips on using this to record from an NDI webcam source? I use my cellphone as my webcam and it doesn't seem to record it properly. It records about a third of the video compared to the scene recording and it tends to lag and look pixelated. The overall recording with my overlays comes out just fine though.

Tomasz Góral

Hello people! I found the plugin amazing! But I'm having problems, when selecting the Nvenc encoder it ends up recording the PGM of the OBS and not the specific source. I was only able to record the specific sources separately using the X264 encoder. Has anyone else had this problem? Thank you!
In default driver Nvenc you can use only 3 simultaneously encoders.
For more must patch driver (max 32).

Zeros.81

If you're using "NVIDIA NVENC H.264 (new)" as encoder, change it for "NVENC". The new one doesn't work with this plugin (yet)

Zeros.81

In OBS I only use the analog "Line In" as "Mic/Auxiliary Audio" source . Only Track 1 used and no desktop audio capture (I also mute all the other audio inputs)

EDITED:
---------------
So with version 0.2.3 I have this results:
  • If I record using the Audio Track option "Track 1", i have no audio
  • If I record usign the Source option "Mic/Aux" , the recorded audio is bad (like before).

NOTE: I'm recording the main OBS output at 2160p@25 (NVENC_new) and 2 independent sources at 1080p@25 (NVENC) from 2 x ElGato 4k60 Pro MK.2 capture cards

Last edited:

AceGamerNA

Hello, I am attempting to use this plugin but I am running into an issue, or maybe I am using it in a way it's not intended for. I want to create a group of sources, and apply the filter to said group so I can record those items separate from the rest of the layout without having to do each source individually. (ex. I want to record my webcam, webcam overlay, and game capture/display capture but not alerts or recent event notifications)

I have tried different encoders, but that seems to make no difference.

When trying to record a group, it does not work. When applying the filter to individual sources it works just fine, and I have verified the filter is not hidden. If this is not implemented, can you tell me if this will be a feature in the future or is the ability to record groups not possible?

Thanks!

In OBS I only use the analog "Line In" as "Mic/Auxiliary Audio" source . Only Track 1 used and no desktop audio capture (I also mute all the other audio inputs)

EDITED:
---------------
So with version 0.2.3 I have this results:
  • If I record using the Audio Track option "Track 1", i have no audio
  • If I record usign the Source option "Mic/Aux" , the recorded audio is bad (like before).

NOTE: I'm recording the main OBS output at 2160p@25 (NVENC_new) and 2 independent sources at 1080p@25 (NVENC) from 2 x ElGato 4k60 Pro MK.2 capture cards
I get the same thing too

Hjohnson757

I am trying to use this plug as my replay buffer with the instant replay script so the my replay has only my game play and not my webcam. I added the filter to my gameplay source and selected the replay buffer check box. The file records but when I attempt to use hotkey to automatically save replay, change scene, and play replay the instant replay script does not play the latest saved file.

Does Source record not override the replay buffer? If it does can you help me to figure out what I am doing wrong?

lozero

audio still choppy after update. But I tested going from 44000 to 48000 and it seems to solve pitch issue at least

Hi, I just installed the plugin but I've had an issue, the plugin seems to not be working on my pc for some reason. The code loops and makes my pc bug out, specifically the mouse movement becomes extremely laggy. I have attached a picture of the repeating code in the logfiles.
1627917989989.png

Exeldro

@datlaunchystark as work around you can use an audio track with only that source on it. In the source record filter set different audio to a track and in advanced audio properties make sure only that source is checked on that track