Source Record

Source Record 0.3.4

asostrin

It looks like a fantastic resource. Unfortunately, when I turn on source record, and I start recording, there are no separate files that appear. I just have my main recording, and not a separate source record recording for a different scene. What am I missing? Other than 'probably a lot ''-) ? Thx.

waynieoaks

Hi,

I am seeing the exact same error as @62stitches when trying to capture my webcam with my boom mic as the audio source. As soon as I remove my boom mic as the source I do not get the crash but obviously cannot get the audio. Is it because the mic is already in use in a scene and cannot be captured separately a second time?

It is only my boom mic that seems to cause this - capturing Desktop Audio does not have an issue even though it is in my scene as well as the source record.

Attachments

• Source Record crash.txt
    301.3 KB · Views: 19
Hey!

So the awesome EposVox did a video recently for this plugin and have been dying to find a way to capture sources separately or with different things not shown in the recordings. It was one feature that SLOBS had going for it and that's it.

Now I haven't posted a question like this since my 1st stream so I feel a little stupid but I have a 2 PC setup and my streaming PC is 16gb, i7 4770K and a 980ti. I have tried EVERY encoder (including StreamFX) and can't figure out a sweet spot.

It's always super delayed and choppy. I do know that the Nvidia encoder can only have 3 sources using it and there are some current bugs with the plugin but like I stated I can not for the life of me find that sweet spot.

I want to record my CAM (Logi c920 - 720p 60FPS?) and elgato capture card (1080p 60FPS) for editing later on but just can't figure it out.

Everything I learned about bitrates, resolutions and encoders doesn't seem to work.

Any tips or ideas would be great. I thought I had a log to post but it seems not and there was no crash involved.

Mattimus__

Also having the same issue as Vaughn Whisky, the camera footage is fine, but for some reason the game capture is choppy. Also using nvidia rtx 2080ti

SarinTal

NEED HELP!

I installed the plugin using the installer, and then tried with the manual .zip file.

My issue is that when I go to add the filter to my source, it doesn't show as an available filter. I have another plugins that I use (stream FX And Virtual Web cam). but I can't get this one to work.

Any help would be appreciated. please let me know what info you need from me to troubleshoot.

ItsYaBroKyle

Looking for some Help....

I want to record my gameplay only. So I added the plugin to the Elgato Capture Card source. I set it to record every time I stream.However, it records the entire scene. I did NOT set up the plugin on the scene and I have triple checked. It is only set up on the Elgato Source.

Kaian32

Hey, quick problem with the Replay Buffer hotkeys, they don't save after you close OBS, so I have to manually rebind it every time that I open OBS.

(oh, and sometimes, the bind don't work? It's not that often, so I can't give any form of info for helping with that, but, for those who are having problems with replay buffer recording the entire scene and not just a specific source: Don't use the NEW NVENC CODEC, use the old one or x264, that will fix it.)

Cheers.

Ryan Shepard

Hi there, I am trying to use Intel QuickSync as my encoder and it seems to be instead using regular x264 encoding because my CPU usage goes way up when I trigger the recording. QuickSync uses Intel's built in GPU to encode, so there's almost no hit to my CPU when I use it. I'd love if you could work on fixing the QuickSync compatibility. I can provide samples and logs if needed.

Also, when I recoding with an audio device selected the audio comes out choppy with cracks and pops.

Thanks for your work!

Kaian32

Hey, quick problem with the Replay Buffer hotkeys, they don't save after you close OBS, so I have to manually rebind it every time that I open OBS.

(oh, and sometimes, the bind don't work? It's not that often, so I can't give any form of info for helping with that, but, for those who are having problems with replay buffer recording the entire scene and not just a specific source: Don't use the NEW NVENC CODEC, use the old one or x264, that will fix it.)

Cheers.
Adding more to it, when using more than one replay buffer, there's no way to distinguish in the hotkeys tab which one is which.
Screenshot 2021-07-09 194316.png

Besides that, an amazing plugin, congratulations.

Shivamzter

Great plugin really wanted to save recordings without the overlays and stuff and not use another recorder to capture, but there's a problem with sound, everything is setup correctly but no sound tried adding the sound source (microphone) but that also didn't seem to work, I hope the sound will be fixed soon!

WarMom

Just joining the choir - I installed the version of the plugin uploaded today and I too am getting some of these audio issues. No file produced when trying to record separate audio from a second track or a source, and with 'separate audio' set to 'off' I'm getting silent source record clips too.

For reference, my game audio comes through a VB Cable, I have one audio output capture that's that VB Cable at a reduced volume (for streaming) on track 1 with my other stream audio sources, and another audio output capture of the same device at full volume intending to use that for source record.

In addition, I cannot set the replay buffer in the filter higher than 100s.

iSvein

Tested it out, when I select a track, no audio gets recorded at all.
And when setting it to "none" and choosing the audio source, the audio is choppy as usual :(

darealal

Hey, thank you for the work. As i play in 1440p but stream live in 1080p, id like to record my gaming in 1440p. This plugin is what i've been waiting for :) It works as intended as long as i dont set an other soundsource. if is set it to the right device (my Soundcraft UI24R), it keeps crashing some seconds after start. Can is send files or something to fix this problem?