Source Record

Source Record 0.3.4

Zeros.81

This plugin is great but I can confirm that I have the same audio issue as @iSvein . My audio settings are all configured 48kHz 16bit stereo (both windows and OBS)

lozero

I have a weird issue. It works but just a bit too fast : the video and sound are recorded at 1,3x or something ... :(

plus I can confirm audio has pop and cracks most certainly due to this speed issue

iSvein

I have a weird issue. It works but just a bit too fast : the video and sound are recorded at 1,3x or something ... :(

plus I can confirm audio has pop and cracks most certainly due to this speed issue
hmmm maybe that is the reason for the audio problems the rest of us is having too.
1.3x speed is not always that easy to notice on the video part

jithins

This is really cool. Would it be possible to add stream delay like in the regular OBS settings? Right now one of my setups is virtual cam a scene then on a 2nd OBS stream it with delay.

BowTieDaniels

Managed to get video recording working no problem, love having that flexibility, but I'm unable to get any audio recorded. Are there any recommended settings for getting audio recorded?

ATs_fm

I've added Source recording to a NDI Input Source and to several Camera Input Sources. Though when it is recording it alwas records just the program out, not the individual sources. Tried in standard and studio mode. I've set it to NVENC (new). Does anyone know what might be the problem?

luizfelipegomes

The plugin is fantastic. But I have two problems with it:

1 - I have a scene with a background music that is inside the scene. And a global microphone. Music is recorded. Microphone audio no.

2 - My video is recorded but faster than normal. I think it gets 1.5x speed

luizfelipegomes

The plugin is fantastic. But I have two problems with it:

1 - I have a scene with a background music (Playlist - highlighted by the yellow box below) that is inside the scene. And a global microphone (Mic/Aux - highlighted by the orange box below). Music is recorded. Microphone audio no.

2 - My video is recorded but faster than normal. I think it gets 1.5x speed or more.

PS1:
If I change the source in the "different audio" option to microphone, it picks up the microphone audio but in this case the background music of the scene is not picked up. But this audio from the microphone that is picked up has errors, cuts, jumps, failures. But the audio is captured at the correct speed, only the video is advanced by 1.5x or 2.0x.

PS2: As a suggestion I think there could be an option to capture the audio from the virtual cable for example, so it would be possible to get all the audio that is being sent by the scene, music and microphone.

1624755850241.png

Last edited:

khaver

Exeldro, I tried your plugin to record a UHD webcam source and a display screen capture while OBS also recorded a 720p version of the composite with the idea of using the ISO recordings in DaVinci Resolve, with the 720p recording as fall back. The 720p main recording looked great, but the UHD webcam recording had many duplicate and dropped frames, quite jerky. Why would the main recording look fine but the ISO recording have glitches? Encoder can't keep up with the stream? I used the NVidia h264 encoder for everything.

Thanks for this great plugin, by the way.

DannJust

Hey, I;ve come straight from EposVox's video on this and I've set it up exactly like he does in the video but I cannot seem to capture my mic audio

Vorador

This is a silly one - I'm still running OBS 26, and I ran the installer package and the c++ package, but the new plugin doesn't show in the filters list - not for any scene or source. Not in Video Filters, not in the Effects panel. These are the options from my Decklink cap card, for reference.
1625349217492.png
1625349239986.png

Here are the options for a display capture source:
1625349306665.png

If I look in the log file, I don't see the source record module:

16:46:32.414: Loaded Modules:
16:46:32.414: win-wasapi.dll
16:46:32.414: win-mf.dll
16:46:32.414: win-dshow.dll
16:46:32.414: win-decklink.dll
16:46:32.414: win-capture.dll
16:46:32.414: vlc-video.dll
16:46:32.414: TitlerLiveOBSStudioPluginDCTL.dll
16:46:32.414: text-freetype2.dll
16:46:32.414: StreamDeckPlugin.dll
16:46:32.414: rtmp-services.dll
16:46:32.414: obs-x264.dll
16:46:32.414: obs-websocket.dll
16:46:32.414: obs-vst.dll
16:46:32.414: obs-transitions.dll
16:46:32.414: obs-text.dll
16:46:32.414: obs-streamelements.dll
16:46:32.414: obs-screenshot-filter.dll
16:46:32.414: obs-qsv11.dll
16:46:32.414: obs-outputs.dll
16:46:32.414: obs-filters.dll
16:46:32.414: obs-ffmpeg.dll
16:46:32.414: obs-browser.dll
16:46:32.414: move-transition.dll
16:46:32.414: image-source.dll
16:46:32.414: frontend-tools.dll
16:46:32.414: enc-amf.dll
16:46:32.414: decklink-ouput-ui.dll
16:46:32.414: coreaudio-encoder.dll

But the folder exists in the right location:
1625349410249.png

I've restarted the PC several times before, during, and after installation. I tried moving the files manually as well, still no source appears.

Any thoughts?

(I can upgrade to 27 if there's a better reliability factor, but the Blackmagic devices get all messed up and I just dont want to spend the 20 minutes remapping all my video sources ... again)

*Bonus shout to EposVox for directing me to this - as this is something I was considering using the ATEM Mini Pro ISO for but don't really wanna spend the money as I really don't need a full-time source recording.

Vorador

I did just see this entry in the log files: 17:14:42.582: Module '../../obs-plugins/64bit/source-record.dll' not loaded
But there's no other mention of the dll or module anywhere.

Kidster

Have some of the problems described here... listing them if it helps.

Before i do that though, just want to thank the developer for the effort in doing this so much needed plugin. Hopefully OBS works with you further on this to make it native. Awesome work.

1. Microphone audio is choppy on the isolated footage, but fine on the "main" recording

2. Gameplay audio isn't working for me. I use a capture card and adding the capture card on the "different audio" option. Still no audio comes out from the recording. Is this how audio should be handled? I may be doing it wrong.

3. Would be great to have an option where you don't have to do so many recording, as in the recording with everything and the isolated ones. I believe an option is to link it with Streaming, which is a good workaround, however at times i would like to record everything isolated even if a scene has everything together so i can control it better (hope it made sense...)

4. It crashes a lot for me depending on what options i use in terms of encoder and bitrates etc (this may just be my pc but i have an alright one as i have a dedicated streaming / recording station)

5. How does it work with further audio tracks? Example, i usually have microphone, gameplay and discord audio. This way i believe i would only be able to record gameplay and microphone audio, not discord.

6. Read NVENC New doesn't work. Is this something that is to be working in the future?

Think these are enough for now but happy to test further things to help out. Will keep following it up

werdwerdus

is it possible to record the source without the other filters applied? i thought that it would only record filters that are above it in the filters list but it seems to record the whole source filter stack.

Awesome plugin but however I've been having serious issues recording with frequent crashing no matter what settings I use.
I attached my crash logs and I look forward for when these issues are fixed. :)

Attachments

• Crash 2021-07-03 22-47-59.txt
    150 KB · Views: 16
  • 2021-07-03 22-43-55.txt
    13.8 KB · Views: 19
An update.
It seems like if I record a capture card's "Custom Audio Device", it will crash on all the encoder settings I use. If I choose a different audio source, it will work without crashing. Also another issue I have, the audio is rather choppy as well.
I hope that these issues are going to be fixed as I would love to use this.

Last edited:

62stitches

When I am capturing the source I have no audio, when I select the audio source OBS crashes, I have attached both the crash files. I hope this helps.

but this plugin is great and loving it so far

Attachments

• Crash 2021-07-04 11-17-33.txt
    150 KB · Views: 23
  • Crash 2021-07-04 11-19-33.txt
    145 KB · Views: 21