Question / Help Sound output to Zoom from PowerPoint presentation

ElChele

I have a PowerPoint presentation with several videos including sound. The video broadcasts fine...the sound (Desktop Audio) is fine on my speakers. However, the sound is not broadcast to Zoom. Live mic works fine. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong? Thanks for your help.

Narcogen

Zoom as far as I know only allows for one audio input, and it's probably configured to use your microphone. You can send video from OBS to Zoom as a webcam, but that's just video.

What you probably need is Voicemeeter set up so that your mic and your desktop audio get sent to a virtual device, and then have that virtual device set up as your audio input into zoom.

Harvey S

Disregard my first post (I think the cheese is sliding off my cracker)
In Zoom main window click share (green button) / advanced / computer sound only / share (blue button) this will allow Zoom to capture desktop audio.

Thanks Narcogen for cleaning up my mess. I will try to pay more attention in the future.

Narcogen

Also I posted it elsewhere, but in Windows, Zoom supports NDI sources as camera input. I didn't notice immediately because the MacOS version does not.

Kefa

I have the same problem but I don't want to use share button because then I share the screen too and I want to use my scene in OBS, not share. Is it possible?

Do you know any programs where you can do this? >>>> "What you probably need is Voicemeeter set up so that your mic and your desktop audio get sent to a virtual device, and then have that virtual device set up as your audio input into zoom. "

Thank you!