Question / Help <SOLVED> Some new, different bug of OBS, came from nowhere?

Christina13

Hi, i'm usually streaming 1080p 60fps via NVENC with 6000 bitrate, but last weeks i struggle with some new bug, idk how to tell, just because i can't find any info about this issue in the Google, so, what i have:

OBS starts eating CPU with time, always increasing "average time of the frame render " (it starts from 0.6ms and after 2 hours it's about 18ms) and at 30% of CPU busy (6% from start) it starts decreasing fps from 60 to 45 and lower, depends how much time i will stream more.
What i did:
Reinstall OBS, without ANY scene - still it's going just higher.
Checked everything, changed bitrate, changed to x264, i just did everything, nothing helps, it's just lagging as i said before.

In my notice - i think trouble came to me after OBS update to 20.0.1
What can i do, maybe someone understand anything in the logs?

PC:
6700k 4.6, 1060 6gb, 2400 DDR4, ASUS Z170

Log:
https://gist.github.com/dbdf4bd92118390f572e76e15e04efdf

Also, OBS get this lag even without any game running, EVEN after stopping streaming or recording, so it's VERY special bug for me. Helps only restart OBS

!!! I FINALLY WORKED IT OUT!!! All the trouble was causing my new webcam Logitech C920, even if she just plugged in USB, idk why, not any driver reinstall helped, so i need to sell it or idk what to do with her lol

Last edited:

Christina13

Do you game on the PC that you stream with?
Of course i do, game never lag, all is okay with 200 fps limited to 144hz monitor, never had a trouble before. Plus game never lag even when OBS eating 30%, usage is okay, temp is okay, usage of GPU and temp of GPU also okay.

Also, OBS get this lag even without any game running, EVEN after stopping streaming or recording, so it's VERY special bug for me. Helps only restart OBS

I use a dedicated PC to stream with, so this sounds very different. I would suggest using B Frames = 2 as I have a GTX 1060 3GB.

Christina13

I use a dedicated PC to stream with, so this sounds very different. I would suggest using B Frames = 2 as I have a GTX 1060 3GB.
And how it will fix my new bug? xDD B Frames always was on 0 for me, because B Frames making some lags (people in Google says, i never tried). But i streamed like 3-4 months before with 0 B Frames and all was ok

Suslik V

But it really sounds like increasing number of video object for rendering. If possible, monitor the video memory usage and system memory usage, is it increasing when OBS Studio running?

Christina13

But it really sounds like increasing number of video object for rendering. If possible, monitor the video memory usage and system memory usage, is it increasing when OBS Studio running?
I did it, all is okay, OBS starting to eat CPU even without nothing, just running without recording/streaming and without any scene on, on fresh install lol

Suslik V

I mean constantly increasing number from say 100MB to 2GB, or even more without any reason during all this recording sessions. Is this the case?

Christina13

Can you post full log from the session where the issue is present (no browser sources)?
I wish i had time to get that log :( i will try to do it, but i tried few times and waited only couple minutes - when it comes only few seconds of render time... i will try btw.
What i did also and it didn't help:
1. Reinstall all audio and video drivers, tried another versions
2. Tried to stream via CPU x264 - there i found some strange thing. Without game - all is okay, 0.9ms render time, when im in game - it's getting up to 50ms render time and it's like 3fps stream :) i will try to reinstall game, but i dont think that's a point of, because when i stream at GPU nVENC - it's still increasing render time WITHOUT the game, so idk

Suslik V

Look, at the end of the log you have
Code:
01:01:17.885: Number of memory leaks: 66
The browser source shows couple of leaks at this moment. You need to remove all browser sources from all scenes to make sure that leakage not caused by the web sources you are using.

The download time
Code:
01:01:16.872:    ┃ ┣download_frame: min=0 ms, median=0.003 ms, max=98.608 ms, 99th percentile=26.976 ms
is too huge for the 60FPS, tick_sources and render_displays is high too - it doesn't fit in 60FPS. From your words, it worsens from the start of the streaming so, you need to remove the sources from the scenes until you find out the one that causes leakage. If nothing helps - some other component on your PC is using video card and video bus at the moment. Try to remove all additional software.

Christina13

Code:
The browser source shows couple of leaks at this moment. You need to remove all browser sources from all scenes to make sure that leakage not caused by the web sources you are using.

The download time
Code:
01:01:16.872:    ┃ ┣download_frame: min=0 ms, median=0.003 ms, max=98.608 ms, 99th percentile=26.976 ms
is too huge for the 60FPS, tick_sources and render_displays is high too - it doesn't fit in 60FPS. From your words, it worsens from the start of the streaming so, you need to remove the sources from the scenes until you find out the one that causes leakage. If nothing helps - some other component on your PC is using video card and video bus at the moment. Try to remove all additional software.

Hi, yeah, i thought of that too, but i tried to stream without any scene except game and it's still the same s**t(((( idk what to do... problem started from something of this: windows reinstall, 970 changed for 1060 6gb, OBS update and that's all juts was like in 1-2 days, so i dont really know real reason... btw, i SOMETIMES i have NO issues, so all is okay after 1 hour streaming, but then im changing CS:GO accounts from first to second one and after one more matchmaking - bug is coming and starting to eat CPU with decreasing FPS (((

Btw, in your opinion it could be that 1060 6gb WORSE for streaming than 970? it's 192 and 256 bits difference, but 1060 6gb is just making more fps... i just streamed like a year with 970 and all was ok

But i streamed at 1060 6gb before Windows reinstall few days, and i think all was okay... my C disk was full of trash, so i wanted to clean it ;) uhhh idk what to do really... i just uploaded Java as i remember i had it before lol, maybe this is the trouble, lol, but i dont think xddd

Last edited:

Christina13

Code:

The download time
Code:

I FINALLY WORKED IT OUT!!! All the trouble was causing my new webcam Logitech C920, even if she just plugged in USB, idk why, not any driver reinstall helped, so i need to sell it or idk what to do with her lol