SydneyK

I am sending Pro Presenter to OBS on a different device through NDI for church sermon slides. About 5 or so minutes after running both programs, a 1-2 second lag of the slides shows up. So if I transition a slide on ProPresenter, it takes 1 second or so for this change to take place on OBS. I don't see this delay on any of my other screens - we have a stage and audience view. But on OBS, there is a delay.

If I restart OBS it fixes the problem, but again, only for 5 minutes or so. This is why I believe it's an OBS issue and not a ProPresenter issue ....

Anyone experienced this/have any suggestions?

Howdy! I too use Pro Presenter through NDI to do different live streaming for our church.

It's important to make sure that everything is at the same framerate. It sounds like to me, the framerate of the slides does not match up to the framerate of the video you are trying to stream/record. This will cause that rendering delay over a course of time. To ensure that you are lined up - use either 29.97fps or 59.94fps for both your inputs and your outputs (it's important to remember to use these fractional framerates instead of true 30fps and 60fps - otherwise you will experience audio delays as well).

I hope this helps you! I have no issues with our NDI inputs for Pro Presenter so if this doesn't solve your issue, let me know and hopefully we can move forward from there.

Happy streaming!

SydneyK

Howdy! I too use Pro Presenter through NDI to do different live streaming for our church.

It's important to make sure that everything is at the same framerate. It sounds like to me, the framerate of the slides does not match up to the framerate of the video you are trying to stream/record. This will cause that rendering delay over a course of time. To ensure that you are lined up - use either 29.97fps or 59.94fps for both your inputs and your outputs (it's important to remember to use these fractional framerates instead of true 30fps and 60fps - otherwise you will experience audio delays as well).

I hope this helps you! I have no issues with our NDI inputs for Pro Presenter so if this doesn't solve your issue, let me know and hopefully we can move forward from there.

Happy streaming!

Hi, thank you so much for helping - I did confirm that my output in ProPresenter is 29.97, and my video output in OBS is also 29.97. However I'm unsure of where to check the framerate of the input of ProPresenter on OBS ... do you know where I find this? Yet I'm assuming it would be 29.97 since both outputs are.

Let me know if you have any other ideas as well. I appreciate you!

If you are outputting 29.97 from Pro Presenter, then you should be receiving 29.97 on OBS's end (depending on which NDI tools you are using). The fact that the slides start in sync but then later throughout the video they get delayed tells me that it is likely a framerate issue - however, it is also possible that there is a processing issue.

Does this issue only happen while streaming/recording? If so, then it is likely just that your computer is processing a lot of information at once and could be struggling to keep things up to speed with the rest of your screens. Do you know the specs of your computer? If it is the case in that the delay is from a lack of processing power, the only real way to fix that would be to either:

A.) Lower the resolution/quality
B.) Add a render delay to the video
C.) Upgrade your computer
D.) Use a different/more optimized program

How is it you have the NDI being selected on the OBS end? Are you using NDI's Virtual Input? If so, what are you using in your source window? With this info, I may be able to help you pinpoint the issue if it is a framerate issue.

Does this issue only happen when recording? If so, what are the specs of your computer? This can help determine if it is a processing issue.

I truly hope this helps, and I will do my best to help you get this figured out as soon as possible.

SydneyK

If you are outputting 29.97 from Pro Presenter, then you should be receiving 29.97 on OBS's end (depending on which NDI tools you are using). The fact that the slides start in sync but then later throughout the video they get delayed tells me that it is likely a framerate issue - however, it is also possible that there is a processing issue.

Does this issue only happen while streaming/recording? If so, then it is likely just that your computer is processing a lot of information at once and could be struggling to keep things up to speed with the rest of your screens. Do you know the specs of your computer? If it is the case in that the delay is from a lack of processing power, the only real way to fix that would be to either:

A.) Lower the resolution/quality
B.) Add a render delay to the video
C.) Upgrade your computer
D.) Use a different/more optimized program

How is it you have the NDI being selected on the OBS end? Are you using NDI's Virtual Input? If so, what are you using in your source window? With this info, I may be able to help you pinpoint the issue if it is a framerate issue.

Does this issue only happen when recording? If so, what are the specs of your computer? This can help determine if it is a processing issue.

I truly hope this helps, and I will do my best to help you get this figured out as soon as possible.
Hi again!

So I thought I fixed it switching the ProPresenter NDI sync from network to internal, but the delay still came back. However, if I switch between these two options during the service, it'll fix it temporarily. So that's helpful at least.

My CPU hits a max of 25% during the service, OBS only taking 10-15% of it.

I've also concluded that the delay is prompted often when I switch between which program I'm running. So for example, the slides may be in sync, but when I switch to camera control and adjust my cameras, and c

So, I've found a way to fix this issue temporarily - but I'm still unsure of the cause and it is still happening several times during my hour long service.

I am using the virtual input, it's run through NDI just like my cameras are. Seems like everything is set to 29.97 so I'm not sure where to go from here. Thanks for all your input and suggestions!