Resource icon

Simple scene switcher 0.6

Ereaper

Hi Chris im having a problem getting this plugin to work, i have 64 bit version of OBS v0.6.25b. i have droped the correct .dll into the proper folder but i still can't get the plug in to show up in the program.

Rignas

Hey friends,

how can I "open" this plugin to configure the settings for my personal use?
how can I use this after downloading it?

thanks and regards
Rignas

ThoNohT

Developer
So ya. If you're absolutely sure it's all installed correctly, and it's not opening, then no, I have no idea, it should all work.
I guess it can't hurt to provide the full details here one more time.

1. Place the 32 bit files (1a) in the 32 bit folder (1b) and start the 32 bit version of OBS (1c).
-or-
2. Place the 64 bit files (2a)in the 64 bit folder (2b) and start the 64 bit version of OBS (2c).

3. Once started, click plugins, select the scene switcher and click configure to set it up.

The single most common reason for this plugin not working is due to mixing up the steps in 1. and 2. For example people do 2a 2b 1c, or 2a 1b 2c. While the only correct sequences are 1a 1b 1c, and 2a, 2b, 2c.

If that's all correct, and it still doesn't work, then it's best to check a log file to see if OBS is attempting to load it. If this fails, then it might be time to take a look into it more closely. If it's not even trying to load it, then the dll is not placed in the correct place.

Last edited:

zyxep

So ya. If you're absolutely sure it's all installed correctly, and it's not opening, then no, I have no idea, it should all work.
I guess it can't hurt to provide the full details here one more time.

1. Place the 32 bit files (1a) in the 32 bit folder (1b) and start the 32 bit version of OBS (1c).
-or-
2. Place the 64 bit files (2a)in the 64 bit folder (2b) and start the 64 bit version of OBS (2c).

3. Once started, click plugins, select the scene switcher and click configure to set it up.

The single most common reason for this plugin not working is due to mixing up the steps in 1. and 2. For example people do 2a 2b 1c, or 2a 1b 2c. While the only correct sequences are 1a 1b 1c, and 2a, 2b, 2c.

If that's all correct, and it still doesn't work, then it's best to check a log file to see if OBS is attempting to load it. If this fails, then it might be time to take a look into it more closely. If it's not even trying to load it, then the dll is not placed in the correct place.

Thanks, didn't help :/

This is a picture of my OBS + Explorer with file placed correctly.
http://cl.ly/image/1g050C2D0J1v

This is a picture of the log window: http://cl.ly/image/1z2r0e3R0L16

Doesn't look like it's trying to open the plugin.

Jack0r

The Helping Squad
@zyxep, assuming you are on a 64bit windows, you installed the 64bit plugin in the correct folder, are you using the 64bit version of OBS? To see if its loaded you have to start a preview, then it will show up in the log.
To see if its installed, just click the plugins button and see if its listed there, thats also where you can configure it.

zyxep

@zyxep, assuming you are on a 64bit windows, you installed the 64bit plugin in the correct folder, are you using the 64bit version of OBS? To see if its loaded you have to start a preview, then it will show up in the log.
To see if its installed, just click the plugins button and see if its listed there, thats also where you can configure it.

And now i see "OBS Scene Switcher" :) great.

No one said i had to run a preview or an actual stream to get it to work.

ThoNohT

Developer
Your screenshot actually showed it in the plugins list, so I'm not sure what the issue there was? No need to preview to get it to work, btw. The previewing is only for the loading of the plugin to show up in the log.

Lamba

I would like to ask f is possible to add the feature to switch game on Twitch with the scene! It would be awesome ^^

BeastGames312

Re: Very simple scene switcher

Will this finally allow LoL players to not have to manually switch anymore? That would be pretty awesome.

I already have it so I dont have ot manually switch. Just put ingame over the other and when your not ingame it will be on the other :P That's what I do and it works.

D

Deleted member 30350

I just wanted to make a request to set "Match exact window name" individually, but then noticed the author was last logged in in march 2014 :(

D

Deleted member 30350

Is anyone able to grab the source and continue working on the plugin by chance?

ThoNohT

Developer
I had sort of stopped working on this. There haven't really been any requests recently that were actually related to the domain Scene Switcher operates in. Like setting the game in Twitch really is the business of some other plugin. And all in all, there really aren't any bugs in it left, it all works fine at the moment.

I have been waiting to start working on a new version of the plugin for OBS-Studio before doing anything else about this, but I'm not sure when I'll get around to that. Meanwhile, I can probably have a look at your feature request. It sounds like it is not too much work, but I'll have to get back into it, because it has been very long since I looked at the code. And I'm busy as ever, so I cannot really guarantee when it will be done.

Rot1nPieces

Does this still exist? The first post links don't work anymore and the LoL scene switcher doesn't work anymore and wanted to try this one.

D

Deleted member 30350

I think the site just has some problems, not that it's gone.
I have the binaries saved but not the source, unfortunately. You wanted to take a look at it Jim? :)

Actually, I think this is a functionality that could very well be part of OBS! It's extremely useful and with just a little more configurability, it would be perfect.

D

Deleted member 30350

If someone picked up the source and continued on the plugin, it would be absolutely awesome.