separate audio tracks problem: only track 1 is being recorded

siseon

Hello everyone,

My friend and I watched this video https://youtu.be/aOrAsQgJvtQ, downloaded the win capture audio plugin and copied the exact settings to our obs. We both wanted to have three separate audio tracks: discord, game and mic. Then we both recorded a short video to test it. And it worked. We checked the videos on Premiere Pro and they both had 3 separate audio tracks. We started recording the actual video after 20 minutes and mind you, we didn't change any settings at all. We recorded for more than an hour + an additional 1 min long video. Here's the weird thing: My videos only have track 1, which is discord and my friend's video has all of the tracks recorded on one single track. We realized this a day later and recorded another short video and everything was fine? I checked all of the videos on VLC player and Premiere Pro and only the 1 hour+ video and the short video we recorded right after that had problems. It's so weird and I don't understand. Our videos don't even have the same problem even tho our settings are the same. I'd really appreciate it if someone could help me. I can send the screenshots (or screenshare) if needed. I just want to understand where it went wrong. Also my friend recorded in mkv and I in mp4. Later on we tested in both and both were fine, so the problem is not about that.

Tomasz Góral

Where is log file?
I think, MP4 working only with one audio track, second you select to recording streaming source, still only one track.
I always multitrack record in MKV format.

siseon

So here are the log files. One of them is the test video where there was no problem at all and the other one is, well, the one that only recorded track 1

Attachments

• 2021-12-08 19-47-29 everything is fine.txt
    185.1 KB · Views: 86
  • 2021-12-08 19-47-29 nothing is fine.txt
    185.1 KB · Views: 45

koala

In simple mode, ever only 1 track is recorded. In advanced mode, all your 3 tracks were recorded. You can switch between them in your media player. Keep in mind media players will never mix multiple audio tracks - they are meant to be mixed in some postprocessing step by you.

siseon

Do you mean the advanced mode in OBS?

edit: omg yep, got it. Thank you, so that was the problem. Idk why I would switch to simple mode before recording the long vid tho... Thanks