Scoreboard Assistant

Non-Free Scoreboard Assistant 1.2.2

Jaxel

Is it possible to get a minimal example of code with websockets? I don't need Scoreboard Primer but without buying it is difficult to understand how to add websockets in my own script.
HTML:
<head>
    <script src="https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/3.1.1/jquery.min.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript">
        var websocket;
        var socketUrl = 'ws://localhost:58341';

$(document).ready(function() {
            websocket = new WebSocket(socketUrl);
            websocket.onopen = function() {
            }
            websocket.onclose = function() {
                $('#message').append('<blockquote>Failed to connect to ' + socketUrl + '</blockquote>');
            }
            websocket.onmessage = function(message) {
                console.log('Recieving data... ' + socketUrl);

data = JSON.parse(message.data);
                $('#message').append(data.tabID + ' (' + data.time + ')<blockquote>' + message.data + '</blockquote>');
            };
        });
    </script>
</head>

<div id="message"></div>

Ryan Slater

Is their any plan to allow for updates to be sent back to Scoreboard Assistant via websockets? What I am envisioning is the ability to send an update to Scoreboard from a 3rd party (I.e. a smartphone via a mobile client) to then have it sent to the OBS Browser? I use OBS/Scoreboard for Tabletop streaming, and I would love to be able to send updates to OBS/SA from my smartphone/tablet instead of having to have a full blown computer next to me while gaming (which is the way we are doing it now).

Noc0002

I definitely like the new 4 player scoreboards with image selectors, however I noticed a bug with them. Apparently the player2 and score2 fields are output to player3, score3, player4, and score4 in the xml file.

By the way, just wondering would it be possible to make a lower thirds scoreboard with 6 or even 8 fields, preferably with the buttons to switch the contents of each field?

Edit: Also, would it be possible to add Smash.gg to external services?

Edit2: Just another idea, would it be possible to allow more customization of the Copy Text? For instance, it could be useful to change the format and fields used to copy text for a tweet with the format: "Next on the [name/hashtag of event] stream: match - player1B vs player2B! [twitch link]"

Edit3: Yet another idea: a crew battle tab could be useful. I'm not sure the best way to design it with the limited space, but here's how I envision it: a row of fields for each crew, far left field for crew name with counter next to it for stocks remaining, then like 8 fields to the right for each player in the crew with small buttons next to each to mark as knocked out or currently playing.

Last edited:

Cedor

Downloaded Scoreboard Assistant last week to use with OBS. But the templates will not display properly in both OBS and Chrome, especially the "versus" template:

view

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3NMhPEv1zAJdGh3RE9JWEJEQ2M/view?usp=sharing

Am I missing something simple? I have not edited the template in any way, and being a total beginner in html and css, I don't know how to debug this issue.

Cedor

I did miss something simple. After studying the information given from _test.html more closely, I found the "tabID" was not matching in versus.js

FastEddi

Hey I am German and my english is not the best.
I dont get the manual correctly.
  1. How can i put scoreboard assistant into OBS?
  2. and how can i put some images also into it when i use player 2++ or something like that?
  3. Have you any written manuals or do i have to watch all your youtube videos?
The best is it for me when i can get a german manual ;-)

Best regards from Germany

Morlahud

Hello, I would like to know if the tool is always a with league of legend because my info is not up to date.

Jaxel

Jaxel updated Scoreboard Assistant with a new update entry:

Version 1.2.2 CHANGELOG

• Beam.Pro has been REMOVED as a service. You should open up your config.xml file and delete references to it before opening the application.
  • Mixer has been ADDED as a service.
  • BUG FIX: the League of Legends tab has been updated with their new API changes. It will now properly change your data when you select a different league in the dropdown menu.
  • BUG FIX: fixed a bug where peak viewers on twitch were not always updated properly.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Stigmata

Hi I'm super nooby with this, and I'm sorry. After updating Scoreboard, I can't get the files to update now. Like I have a new Scoreboard app basically, but it won't make new scoreboard files on my computer to put in OBS. What did I do wrong?

Also, are there Hearthstone character icons? Cause I can't find them.

Ryan Slater

Hi I'm super nooby with this, and I'm sorry. After updating Scoreboard, I can't get the files to update now. Like I have a new Scoreboard app basically, but it won't make new scoreboard files on my computer to put in OBS. What did I do wrong?

Also, are there Hearthstone character icons? Cause I can't find them.

I believe the newer versions (1.1.9+) default to using websockets and will not create/update the files until you turn on that option in the app (Right clicking on the Save button to bring up the option to turn it on).

Alex123

Hi, I like the idea of this program, except I can't get it to update image files. It works the first time after I open the program, then I have what seems like a 5% success rate with whether or not the images actually update in the output folder. I did what Ryan said and checked off Enable Websocket Server in Config Options (it's not right-clicking Save, the option isn't there). Is this a new bug? Is there somewhere I can get a pre-1.1.9 version, or can I at least get my money back for this?

At first I thought this was an OBS issue, but when I look in the output folder, sure enough, the images are unchanged after hitting Save. Heck, sometimes it saves but the output is completely different than anything I had selected. Is there a fix for this?

Alexcorpses

Hello i need your assistance, im new with the Scoreboard assistant and when i create a new tab and after set name etc, after save the "output" folder is automatically created but when i open the "output" folder is empty, non .txt files are created, i thing im using the the latest version of the program (1.2.2), can you please help to understand what im doing wrong.

thank you.

Myztek

Hi, I like the idea of this program, except I can't get it to update image files. It works the first time after I open the program, then I have what seems like a 5% success rate with whether or not the images actually update in the output folder. I did what Ryan said and checked off Enable Websocket Server in Config Options (it's not right-clicking Save, the option isn't there). Is this a new bug? Is there somewhere I can get a pre-1.1.9 version, or can I at least get my money back for this?

At first I thought this was an OBS issue, but when I look in the output folder, sure enough, the images are unchanged after hitting Save. Heck, sometimes it saves but the output is completely different than anything I had selected. Is there a fix for this?

I'm encountering the same problem. If I change between scenes, the image updates in OBS, but that's not a viable solution.