Scenes wont save

howquestionmark

Hey OBS Community,

im a long time obs user by now, i use it for streaming/recording and replay buffer
i reset my pc every now and then and since my last pc reset whenever i adjust or add something new to my scene, it just wont save

The only workaround ive found is to always rename the scene collection and change the name back, but that is pretty annoying over time.

Any suggestions that i could try?

Im on windows 10.

WBE

In my experience you should quit the pogram using the Exit button (or File, Exit). Not by clicking the windows X or forcefully killing the program, then changes are not saved.

howquestionmark

Interesting idea, didnt even think about something like that.

But usually my obs runs the entire time, and just gets shut down with windows. This of course isnt optimal but it worked everytime, so there has to be something else whats different than before.

howquestionmark

i mean theres probably one small detail different either in obs or windows this time,
so its hard to spot/reproduce

doubt well find out why it is like that

howquestionmark

no obs isnt started as an admin, i dont think its an option for me either since i auto start obs with replay buffer when windows starts up.

No clue about the obs logs so i got 2 questions,
1. Could there be anything in there what i wouldnt want to share publicly?
2. Which would be useful? All of them or just certain ones?

Sorry if i ask dumb questions, but ive never had real problems with obs before so im not really into fix stuff for it

WBE

Log files contain names of your scenes, sources etc. and the files they contain. So if you have a scene named 18+ videos containing a Media Source named Neighour from no. 82 with file C:/Users/MarkSamuelson/DontShowAnyone/Emma Doe Video 30-01-22 23 04 06.mov... it is quite revealing. Also when streaming it is logged where to connect to. That kind of information.

It would be nice if you can quit and restart OBS Studio, so the log won't have a duration of multiple days. Then make some adjustments to your scenes which you encounter difficulties with and do a recording/broadcast of a few minutes. Then quit OBS using the Exit button.
Restart OBS again and notice whether the changes to your scenes are saved. Quit OBS again using the Exit button and post the last two log files.

howquestionmark

I actually went ahead and did that, i even tried it without the exit button (since that is the more realistic scenario for my case).
And for some reason this time with and without the exit button everything was perfectly normal (so everything was saved as it should be), even tried just shutting down my pc and nothing was wrong.

Guess its fine now, and to be extra sure i try to just close obs via the exit button from now on.