JackTheRipperGB

Hey guys, im having a weird problem of having my fps or frametime not acting normal on obs. Like once in like lets say 20-30 mins it feels like obs just decides to skip some frames or starts combining then not corretly. The output feels stuttery, yet theres no recording or encoding lag it reports consistent 60 fps, and the game im playing doesnt seem to have any fps issues at that time, it runs smoothly but im looking at preview and it feels extremely stuttery, it usually goes away after 6-10 secs but those secs it feels like smth is wrong. It doesnt seem to be dependant on intentisity of action happening in the game, sometimes just randomly goes low fps for no reason.

i run obs as admin, i have 12900k 3080 ti pc, i stream at 60 fps with 120 fps locked games with vsync.

It seems to happened even when stream / recording is not active, just preview starts lagging/ or taking frames not in order resulting in stuttery mess.

I checked frame by frame, it does not duplicate frames but it seems to take them not in correct order which results in stuttery mess.

Attachments

• 2022-04-19 14-00-18.txt
    21.5 KB · Views: 19

JackTheRipperGB

I tried updating Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable not sure if it helped yet, it feels overall more consistent and better but im not sure it adressed the problem i described before, yet. Is there anything else i should be aware of? Like anything that should be updated downloaded to ensure obs works stable

Slaack_Twitch

Hello, I made this account to help some people that's still looking in 2022.

So if your pc in-game drops frames when OBS is open and when it's closed it's fine.
If you go into task manager and OBS is using way to much memory.

If you got a mic installed on OBS, as the on that you set up to talk, if you put a filter on it called ''Noise Suppression'' inside you have 3 options.

Spexx.
RNNoise.
Nvidia Noise removal.

MAKE SURE ''Nvidia Noise removal'' IS NOT SELECTED. then reset OBS and it should be fixed.

Its Resource hungry.

My Specs.

3070 TI Founders, X570s arous, 1TB m.2 arous, 16GB 3600Mhz Ram.

So pc is perfect to run any AAA game and high and stream in 1080p.

Hope this helps, Happy 420

JackTheRipperGB

Hello, I made this account to help some people that's still looking in 2022.

So if your pc in-game drops frames when OBS is open and when it's closed it's fine.
If you go into task manager and OBS is using way to much memory.

If you got a mic installed on OBS, as the on that you set up to talk, if you put a filter on it called ''Noise Suppression'' inside you have 3 options.

Spexx.
RNNoise.
Nvidia Noise removal.

MAKE SURE ''Nvidia Noise removal'' IS NOT SELECTED. then reset OBS and it should be fixed.

Its Resource hungry.

My Specs.

3070 TI Founders, X570s arous, 1TB m.2 arous, 16GB 3600Mhz Ram.

So pc is perfect to run any AAA game and high and stream in 1080p.

Hope this helps, Happy 420
i dont understand what do you mean at the first part, and im not using noise supression at all

JackTheRipperGB

bump, is there anything i should be doing to increase stability of obs recording? like updating Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable is there smth else along those lines, or maybe smth in my settings are wrong and can be causing this?

JackTheRipperGB

https://obsproject.com/logs/uONAO0CcpZ5mEPDu game looks perfectly fine, no in game fps drops => random 10-20 secs of stutering parts in the stream (lets say 15-30 minute apart) NO BOTTLENECKS FROM PC, no encoding rendering lag nothing. It feels like obs cant obtain frames from the game / pc to encoding or obtaining wrong ones, at some random moments

This issue is much worse on 60 fps locked games for 60 fps stream. When i use 120 fps game, during this laggy moments it just takes frames out of order, but since they are still unique it doesnt look that bad. Please i need this fixed. any ideas?

JackTheRipperGB

Okay so i narrowed down smth. When the stuttering happends in preview => and thus in stream. lets say you have a game in game capture its stuttering right now => switch to display capture, its not there => switch back to game capture its happening. So this is fully on obs. im not sure whats exactly is causing that, But it feels like cache or smth getting filled and stuttering happends until it refreshes. Switching to display capture only, as far as i remember doesnt solve this either, it just basically affects all sources captures just in diffrent times.

JackTheRipperGB

I just confirmed that it works opposite way, when display capture starts lagging => game capture can be fine. Is there any chance someone at developer team or smn who is familiar with code to help me out. Im completely clueless when it comes to stuff like this, Im 100% my pc is fine, like i said the random stuttering keeps appearing / dissapearing, it can be lagging on display capture at given moment but not on game capture and vice versa, which make me believe its not from my pc side, some poor interaction between windows 11 and obs? no lag in game no rendering or encoding lag ..... perhaps the hook to the game desync or smth? how can i test it, i need help please......

JackTheRipperGB

Any input from smn? I tried almost everything, it just feels like framerate goes out of sync, for no reason, i have no idea what could be cauising it. Game seems fine, and then it feels like capture sorta degrades over the time. goes out of sync, and then resyncs back to normal and cycle repeats. The intervals seems to be completely random

Deywark

I got the same issue, did you found a solution? I already test all I know, ejecuting with admin mode, enabling and disabling game mod, capping fps ingame, lowering ingame settings, and still the same, obs is randomly dropping some fps to the 50 - 55's (R5 2600x, GTX 1060 6gb, 16GB of RAM DDR4 at 3200mhz)