GregPeatfield

Hello
I am new to OBS and fortunately find your PTZ controls plugin while browsing all related websites.
To be honest, I don't know which one of Visca or Pelco or etc is my camera using.
So I'm not sure how can I import the camera in the Plugin configuration section.
I'd be grateful if someone can help me about below questions:
  • What type is my camera ? [visca or etc]
  • How should I enter the IP ? [or should i use rtsp type of command in ip section of plugin configuration]
  • What Port is my camera using? [what should i use in port section of plugin configuration]
My camera is
brand: Uniview (UNV)
model: IPC6412LR-X5P

P.S. I introduce my camera to OBS via Media Source likd this (rtsp://user:pass@192.168.-.-/media/video0)
Hi Qwedsazxc;

A quick google on the specs of that camera shows:

Compatible IntegrationONVIF(Profile S, Profile G), API

ONVIF is not yet supported with the PTZ Control. It has been requested, but Grant needs some help from the community to make that protocol happen. No timing is available that I know of on ONVIF implementation.

qwedsazxc

Hi Qwedsazxc;

A quick google on the specs of that camera shows:

Compatible IntegrationONVIF(Profile S, Profile G), API

ONVIF is not yet supported with the PTZ Control. It has been requested, but Grant needs some help from the community to make that protocol happen. No timing is available that I know of on ONVIF implementation.
Hi again
Thank you GregPeatfield for helpful information.
I’m eagerly looking forward to the next updates (Specially ONVIF implementation)
Best regards

justsaytim

Is there a way to make this work for a USB PTZ camera? I downloaded and installed but can't get any option to work with my USB connected camera.

test156

Hey, is there a chance to have Pelco D over IP ? now is only Visca :) with option to put port number, thanks for answer

TerryP

Many thanks for all your work on this plugin! It's exactly what I need to start my project.
A couple of items on my "wish list" (apologies if I've missed previous references/requests):

1) Incremental manual focus adjustment when the shift key is pressed, matching the really useful facility on pan and tilt

2) Ability to call up and control a camera's OSD menu (although I appreciate this could be redundant once direct control of settings is implemented).

fbuescher

works like a charm with the RGBLink PTZ-WH (visca over TCP).

Would it be possible to remove some of the presets to save some space? my camera only supports preset 0-9. I'd like to remove the unused presets 11-16 ...

anyway, *very* genial tool.

peterthevicar

Working beautifully with a "Tenveo Video Conference Camera 20X (TEVO-NV20U)" controlled by a no-name USB to RS485. All the defaults on camera and OBS work fine (VISCA). THANK YOU!

One issue I found with Pelco D on this camera. When you zoom either way, it doesn't stop zooming when you "release" the button in the dialog. You have to click on another control to stop the movement. Using a Honeywell UltraTouch works OK on the same camera so I guess they must send a "stop" code or something. Sadly the obvious workaround of using VISCA is ruled out because the Honeywell doesn't speak VISCA so we're stuck with Pelco D.

Feature request: could there be two checkboxes to reverse the sense of the left/right and up/down controls? The Tenveo camera inverts them when installed upside-down. You get used to it but...

Thanks again for a really helpful tool. Peter

p8n

"can automatically change selected camera based on the currently active preview or program scene".

I can't see how to do this.

sotspodcast

Anyone with ANY advice for using this plugin with a Logitech PTZ Pro 2? I don't knokw if it is a Visca, Pelco, or what? There is an image coming from it but I can't control it with this plugin..... yet. Any help is appreciated!!

Smithy

Hi glickey. Just want to provide some feedback on PTZ Controls v0.10.4 with my Vaddio RoboSHOT 12 HDBT and RoboSHOT 12 USB cameras. With a single camera source in a scene, the controls work as expected under both “off” and “program” modes. When multiple active VISCA camera sources are in a scene, any PTZ command given when the mode set to “program” crashes the camera’s PTZ controller and requires a camera reboot. How does your plugin direct the VISCA commands to the active camera in a scene when multiple active cameras are in a scene? This could just be an issue with my cameras but I think it would be helpful to check for multiple active cameras and if it finds more than one in the scene then force the user to select the specific camera to steer much in the same way as the “off” mode works. Maybe just a state-based lockout of the “program” when multiple active PTZ sources are present to force “off” mode behavior. Does this makes sense? And thank you for the effort on this project. Very helpful!

toplachi

"can automatically change selected camera based on the currently active preview or program scene".

PTZ Control can automatically select the active camera to control based on which scene is active in OBS' program or preview mode, your scene must have the same name with the camera in the ptz control

wilderf353

1) In the Scenes window, click on the scene where you want to have PTZ preset automatically activated. I am pretty sure that the scene must include a PTZ camera source that is a listed in the in the PTZ Devices frame of the PTZ Controls window.
2) Click on the "+" sign at the bottom of the Sources window to add a new source. A dropdown will open, select the PTZ Action option
3) A dialog window will open. In the Create New text control field, type in a unique name, then hit the OK button
4) A new Properties for ... dialog window will open. Select the options you want from all of the dropdown fields. You can hit the Test Action button to make sure it works, then hit the OK button.

1646865233740.png

FPC AV

Don't know if this will end up in the right spot, but my question is I plan on using two ptz cameras and can I position one camera while the feed from the second camera is active? For example, the camera on the choir is performing and being streamed and the second camera needs to move to the pulpit from a different location. This second camera move needs to be done while the choir is performing so I can then cut to the pulpit. Thanks for your help!

Smithy

Don't know if this will end up in the right spot, but my question is I plan on using two ptz cameras and can I position one camera while the feed from the second camera is active? For example, the camera on the choir is performing and being streamed and the second camera needs to move to the pulpit from a different location. This second camera move needs to be done while the choir is performing so I can then cut to the pulpit. Thanks for your help!

this is essentially what I’m trying to do with a multi-camera setup but you may have some of the same issues as me if you’re not careful (see my post above).
You need one OBS scene for each camera source (a single source scene) plus an additional OBS scene containing the feeds from all cameras (a multi-source scene). Use OBS ”studio mode” with the multi-source scene in the “Edit View” to steer the inactive camera to the next target while the active camera streams to the “Live View”. Once you’re ready to switch to the next camera, you simply need to cut to the scene with the waiting camera. The more I think about it, the multi-view scene doesn’t add much capability to what you’re doing unless you needed to pick out the best camera for a given shot. Having all the streams in a mosaic is handy for quick comparisons. For you, the studio mode is probably all you needs. Keep one camera on the choir and use the “Edit Mode” to steer the second camera to the pulpit them cut the scene when it’s time

p8n

The plugin is working well to control the cameras and the presets.
HOWEVER, each time OBS closes and then re-opens, the PTZ controls is not docked and have to redo the View->Docks->PTZ controls.
When it does then dock, all the renames of the presets has been lost.