p8n

Just can't get it to work. Have set up the COM ports and baud rate exactly as used in https://www.ptzcontroller.com/
The controls do nothing. it is not clear what the radio buttons for "Manual,Follow Preview, Follow Program" do.

have tried all the options, preset, arrows etc and nothing works. OBS 27.0.1. VISCA Serial TENVEO. Works fine with everything else.

p8n

I just cannot get this to work. I have a TENVEO PTZ with serial control. It works fine with all other PTZ control software that uses serial. I have been using the www.ptzcontroller.com

I have used the same COM ports and baud rates. The controls do nothing.

glikely

I just cannot get this to work. I have a TENVEO PTZ with serial control. It works fine with all other PTZ control software that uses serial. I have been using the www.ptzcontroller.com

I have used the same COM ports and baud rates. The controls do nothing.

I'll need to see the OBS log file to help you debug this. Please file an issue in GitHub and attach the log file.

sebacabezon18

Hi man, realy apreciated your contributions realy works with my Naipix PTX NDI and OBS, but only manage with the mouse, when try add Gamepad ps2,ps3 your plugin not recognize the hardware. Let me now if get wrong some steps for configure.
first install the 0.6 now reeplace the files with the version 0.8 but not have response from Gamepad. Whe enable GamePad some reason see for just miliseconds one windows of OBS and dissapear but nothings happends. The control not aviable.

wilderf353

Hi man, realy apreciated your contributions realy works with my Naipix PTX NDI and OBS, but only manage with the mouse, when try add Gamepad ps2,ps3 your plugin not recognize the hardware. Let me now if get wrong some steps for configure.
first install the 0.6 now reeplace the files with the version 0.8 but not have response from Gamepad. Whe enable GamePad some reason see for just miliseconds one windows of OBS and dissapear but nothings happends. The control not aviable.

I think the "not finding the Gamepad" is a timing issue and a lot of people are having the same issue. I found a post where someone mentioned that it takes a few seconds after you initiate the QT Gamepad library before it returns a handle. His solution was to put the call in a loop. Maybe glikely can try this fix too? Here is the discussion.

glikely

I think the "not finding the Gamepad" is a timing issue and a lot of people are having the same issue. I found a post where someone mentioned that it takes a few seconds after you initiate the QT Gamepad library before it returns a handle. His solution was to put the call in a loop. Maybe glikely can try this fix too? Here is the discussion.

I have tried that solution, but sadly could get it working reliably. This is a longstanding issue with Qt Windows support, particularly on later versions of Windows 10.

I've left gamepad support in the plug-in because it does work for some people, but really the gamepad support needs to be entirely rewritten to bypass the Qt gamepad library with something more reliable.

GregPeatfield

I've just pushed out prototype code for VISCA-over-TCP support (PTZOptics, Jimcom, etc) into the `visca-tcp` topic branch. Can I get some help testing please? A windows build can be found on github: https://github.com/glikely/obs-ptz/actions/runs/1348631206

Let me know here if it works. If you run into problems create a github issues and attach the OBS log file so I can see the details.

Sorry, this evidently didn't post. I am seeing small differences between the two on the initial page, not sure what causes that but the TCP port seems to work better as it now gets the response due that first query.

Attachments

• obs64_AlGkLpysqG.png
    obs64_AlGkLpysqG.png
    42.5 KB · Views: 68
  • obs64_cRRSRg4cxx.png
    obs64_cRRSRg4cxx.png
    42.5 KB · Views: 66

jaypa

Hi, Newby here to OBS and PTZ controle. I have a IP camera which sometime use it for basic live streaming via OBS. I tried to use the Plugin with both IP address and rtsp stream. But nothing favoured me. Just wanted to know whether I need to by more hardware in order to use this plugin to control the IP camera via OBS. My IP cam has a little information on the GUI about the PTZ control as seen on the attached screenshot. Thanks.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2.png
    Screenshot 2.png
    202.5 KB · Views: 53
  • Screenshot 1.png
    Screenshot 1.png
    513.5 KB · Views: 50

glikely

Hi, Newby here to OBS and PTZ controle. I have a IP camera which sometime use it for basic live streaming via OBS. I tried to use the Plugin with both IP address and rtsp stream. But nothing favoured me. Just wanted to know whether I need to by more hardware in order to use this plugin to control the IP camera via OBS. My IP cam has a little information on the GUI about the PTZ control as seen on the attached screenshot. Thanks.

Can you post a picture of the network settings page? The first page you shared shows settings for control over a serial cable instead of over the network.

To use serial control you will need a USB to UART converter.

What is the make and model of your camera? Do you have a link to the camera manual?

jaypa

The attached are the network, ONVIF, P2P settings from the GUI of the camera.
The camera make is CamHi. I do not have any link for the manual and also couldnt find any ón online too.
The camera is connected by only via an ethernet cable to the router and no other connections.

Attachments

• network LAN.png
    network LAN.png
    95.3 KB · Views: 51
  • ONVIF.png
    ONVIF.png
    70.7 KB · Views: 52
  • P2P Settings.png
    P2P Settings.png
    47.9 KB · Views: 50

glikely

Just gave this a whirl with an ancient Canon VC-C3 connected serially. Heard some whirs and clicks, but sadly nothing that could be called control. I have some developer docs available for this thing if you're interested in pursuing support for it.

Looks like the camera only supports the ONVIF protocol over the network. ONVIF has not yet been implemented in the plug-in.

glikely

glikely updated PTZ Controls with a new update entry:

v0.9.0

I've just tagged the v0.9.0 release. Thanks to everyone who has helped with testing and providing feedback for this release. Here is the list of new features:

- Pelco-D protocol
- VISCA over TCP (Used by PTZ Optics, Jimcom, and others)
- Windows package contains both 32-bit and 64-bit support
- Installer package for Windows
- Reorganized settings dialog
- Settings dialog is more responsive
- Context menu for cameras added to dock to control power and one-push white balance
- Double clicking...

Read the rest of this update entry...

GregPeatfield

The attached are the network, ONVIF, P2P settings from the GUI of the camera.
The camera make is CamHi. I do not have any link for the manual and also couldnt find any ón online too.
The camera is connected by only via an ethernet cable to the router and no other connections.
Hi Jaypa,

VISCA and Pelco protocols were developed for use with serial communications between devices. This was the original way to control the PTZ mechanism within these types of cameras. Looking at your screenshots, I don't see a way to enable VISCA over IP for that camera so they might only support the newer ONVIF protocol since they don't support a serial interface. You likely need something that support ONVIF to control that device.

I know we have requested the ONVIF feature to be added to this plugin, but Grant has stated he needs help as he doesn't have any ONVIF device to debug the addition so he has asked for community help. I don't know of another OBS PlugIn that supports ONVIF, but you might be able to use the Web Interface for your camera for now.

-Greg