mikemunn

Just a little FYI. Working with OBS and the new OBS Tail Air devices. The devices do work with this plugin with the following settings. I have 3 cameras and they all work independently.
Screenshot 2024-01-03 153750.png

toplachi

I'm using OBS Multiview (windowed) and would like to have these scenes show up as views in the multiview. I created a PTZ Action source in a new scene, selected the camera & preset 1, and nothing shows up in the OBS Preview or Program views. Here are my PTZ Controls device settings, scene & source properties. What am I missing? Running OBS 29.1.2 on Windows 11, with current rev of PTZ Controls.
PTZ ACTION SOURCE only triggers a preset to make your PTZ camera move. You still need to add a VIDEO CAPTURE DEVICE or a MEDIA/VLC source (which will show your camera) to your scene

Last edited:

toplachi

Great plugin... ONE BIG SUGGESTION!!
It would be VERY helpful if Presets were stored with SCENE COLLECTIONS. Scenario is we stream multiple orchestras where instruments are in different positions on stage. I change scenes to get proper titles, etc., but I have to reprogram the stored setups for each of 3 cameras. Occasionally there isn't enough time and then cameras are aimed improperly.
There is a source you can add to your scene called "PTZ ACTIONS". I think this will help you.

music583

First, @glikely, this is an excellent plugin. Thank you for all your work on it! But do you have any estimate on when you may be able to have UVC integration for USB-only (no IP address) cams?

MischaVomTon

I would like to integrate another stick and configure it individually.
I'm currently using "LOGITICH Extrem3DPro", MAC OS Intel OBS 29.1.3
Unfortunately it doesn't work with the "Use joystick" setting. But I see him in General.

everything else in the PTZ control works very well

eriklanden

NosnafitaBR

I am using a Apem USB controller. But I can not get the "twist" zoom to work. When using a Xbox controller the zoom works. But the Apem seems to be mapped in another way. Is there any way I can get this one to work for zooming? It would be awesome since the accuracy is so much better with the hall effect sensor in the Apem.

Hello, try remapping the buttons with this program:

Lawrence_SoCal

4K NDI PTZ camera and limited budget... yea, those don't go together.
Beware cheap (terrible) optics of low-cost options... you tend to get what you pay for (unless you are patient, and wait for a special deal somewhere.. maybe). And consider greater requirements... For example, my Tier 1 vendor NDI PTZ camera has its own VirtualUSB driver, such that I don't need any NDI setup on my OBS PC, even that that is what camera is sending... and no issue across OBS Studio versions as a result.. a nice to have feature (and a top tier price and support to go with it).

I saw a 1080p NDI PoE PTZ camera sell for well under $500 on an auction site recently (had wrong title), but usually go for US$1K or more. Even open-box 4K NDI PTZ top-tier cameras tends to be pricey still (while folks upgrading mean that good condition 1080p models are much more reasonably priced).
Be aware of your specific low-light required performance, motor movement smoothness, FPS, etc

ejbrownsd

I must be missing something because this plugin does not work properly. I have 10 scenes. Each scene has my PTZ camera in it as a source, and each scene needs to go to a specific preset. My presets I make within PTZ Controller don't save. After changing scenes, my presets get merged together so sometimes Preset 1 and Preset 2 become the same preset instead of different presets like I saved them. Someone help please? This is mission critical for my work.

NosnafitaBR

I must be missing something because this plugin does not work properly. I have 10 scenes. Each scene has my PTZ camera in it as a source, and each scene needs to go to a specific preset. My presets I make within PTZ Controller don't save. After changing scenes, my presets get merged together so sometimes Preset 1 and Preset 2 become the same preset instead of different presets like I saved them. Someone help please? This is mission critical for my work.
Hello, use the MOVE plugin to change the camera according to the scene. (LINK: Use the ptzoptics app to move the camera, then in the scene click on filters.
Select the move video capture device filter. Then select the camera and below select move property.
Select: Pan, tilt and zoom.

Just below there is a button to obtain the values (Leave the camera in the position you want before pressing the button).

And at the end, in start trigger select: Enabled

stop trigger: Disabled

Now, just do this in the scenes you want. That your camera will move according to the scene in the position you left it.

Chipperchap

Love this plugin for my regular PTZ cameras using POE / IP.
Please, no word on whether this plugin will also support USB PTZ camera's?
We have a Logitech Pro 2 that needs to have the PTZ controlled via PTZ Controls but I do not know how to configure it.
I can use github xMRi/PTZControl plugin but it does not integrate into OBS (as far as I can tell).

NosnafitaBR

Love this plugin for my regular PTZ cameras using POE / IP.
Please, no word on whether this plugin will also support USB PTZ camera's?
We have a Logitech Pro 2 that needs to have the PTZ controlled via PTZ Controls but I do not know how to configure it.
I can use github xMRi/PTZControl plugin but it does not integrate into OBS (as far as I can tell).
Hi
I'am use the plugin MOVE for preset, this plugin canot support usb ptz camera
The ptzoptics app work to preset and ptz but only move de camera

Mael83

Hello guys,

I've been trying to use the plugin with an xbox one controller. It's detected in the plugin but the commands don't work (none of them) !
I've also tried with Xbox 360 and series controller and none of the works. WHat is happening ?

Thanks a lot.

BramL

Hello PTZ control people, trying to control a Panasonic AW HE40 from within OBS, believe Pana uses a CGI control protocol. Any suggestions to make it work with PTZ Control? Thanks in advance.