PSA for Windows 10 Anniversary Update users

Status
Not open for further replies.

xSonic521x

I know, I'm just saying. I get that they have a lot to do and test and prefer to do big updates instead of constant little updates, I just prefer any "capture" related issues be done in a hotfix, but it's not really up to me. Lol

RytoEX

Forum Admin
Forum Moderator
Developer
I know, I'm just saying. I get that they have a lot to do and test and prefer to do big updates instead of constant little updates, I just prefer any "capture" related issues be done in a hotfix, but it's not really up to me. Lol
Sooooo... Late last night, I brought this up to Jim (the lead developer), and he very graciously pushed out OBS Studio 0.16.5 with the hotfix in question. Hope that helps!

xSonic521x

Oh? Well thank you very much for bringing that up, you didn't have to, but I'm glad he was happy to do a hotfix, please tell him I said thank you as well. =)

orion93

Hello here !
I just see that there is an update 16.5 for OBS
And i just want to know if its a true fix unlike the workaroud in 16.3 .
i just dont want green frame on my record :)
thx !

Hello here !
thx !

The changelog in 16.5 mentioned it was to fix a crash that occurs with active window capture sources when the windows 10 AU driver issue occurs and the graphics subsystem rebuilds, so in short, still a workaround.

Last edited:

RytoEX

Forum Admin
Forum Moderator
Developer
Hello here !
thx !
The only true fix can come from Nvidia. Microsoft investigated and claimed that there's a bug in the Nvidia driver. They reached out to Nvidia, and now we're waiting. This information is already outlined in the original post.

DropDTV

So this problem would cause crashing, freezing or locking up but not a massive amount of dropped frames? For a week now, I've randomly had streams where it would continue to drop 50% + frames for no reason. I do have an NVIDIA driver and am on the W10 AU but not sure whats causing the massive frame drops.

Harold

dropped frames (as reported by the status bar of OBS) are PURELY 100% a networking related issue.

This problem is video card.

hello, recieving crashing immediately after starting up OBS-Studio and i notice the Preview entire area is white. Running latest AMD driver 16.11.3 and tried both 0.16.3 and 0.16.5 OBS versions. http://pastebin.com/T96JfDMg it claims here its my AMD driver and ive performed a clean uninstall and install of it and issue still occuring.

RytoEX

Forum Admin
Forum Moderator
Developer
Where do I post a crash log?
Please provide some context. What were you doing when OBS crashed?

You can attach files to your post by clicking the "Upload a File" button seen below the posting box. Please also include your regular log file for that session.

kQJmcub.png

Cryonic

GeForce 375.86 just rolled out.
Anyone managed to test it already or should i try? No idea if a fix is included or not, patchnotes look like usual.

Nicholas Ramsak

I was trying to start up OBS with the new update and it still crashes when I double click the desktop icon

Attachments

• OBS Crash Log.txt
    21.7 KB · Views: 23
Status
Not open for further replies.