PSA for Windows 10 Anniversary Update users

Status
Not open for further replies.

LasherXTV

I just installed the new update from Microsoft moments ago and OBS-Studio still crashes after roughly 5 minutes when playing rainbow six siege, any ETA on the other fix regarding nvidia? I haven't been able to successfully stream now for nearly 30 days.

Escalprillo

Ok, yesterday I decided to refresh my windows 10, thinking it would install me a windows 10 no anniversary update with it.. but I ended up with the same version and build I had, just no programs. So I decided to install 365.19 nvidia drivers and try anyway and managed to stream Skyrim and ARK for good two hours. It was late so I couldn't keep testing. Later when I was about to turn off my computer I got a message of an update and that I needed a restart. Something tells me that update will f-up my obs again xD.. I'll let you know when I get back to my apartment and try to stream ARK, which was the game that gave me the error in the first time.

jscoys

I have the same problem here, can't create 2D... its just so annoying it result in the software to be unusable. Do you still have this issue???

Harold

The root cause of the issue is NOT in obs, it's apparently in the nvidia display drivers.

Intel never had the problem.
AMD fixed theirs pretty quickly
NVidia may have a fix out now, I'm not sure.

Tintenkobold

I streamed GTA5 for more than 6 hours today. Not using preview mode and not changing scenes while streaming did it for me. Resetting drivers didn't help.

Darkmage4

The only time it will EVER work for me 2+ hours straight is if I use capture screen and choose the screen that the game is on, otherwise game capture has been crashing the stream. I am fine using OBS with my Elgato just fine of course.

ZroChi

http://pastebin.com/CLTVQzsd

New update did not cause OBS to have memory issues. You can see in the log that I also removed and added a new view, disabled and enabled the preview, everything working!

Now for me to fix the rest of my issues :')

Thanks team!

orion93

Hello!
This update is really cool but can someone update this thread when microsoft or nvidia release a true fix?
I stream and record for my youtube channel and i dont want to have green frame :/
thank again!

RytoEX

Forum Admin
Forum Moderator
Developer
OBS Studio 0.16.3 includes a fix that helps to work around this issue. Please try that out!

Hello!
This update is really cool but can someone update this thread when microsoft or nvidia release a true fix?
I stream and record for my youtube channel and i dont want to have green frame :/
thank again!
Myself and several staff members are actively monitoring the situation and updating this thread as we have new information.

Last edited:

IKraken

OBS Studio 0.16.3 includes a fix that helps to work around this issue. Please try that out!

Myself and several staff members are actively monitoring the situtuation and updating this thread as we have new information.

Hi, i try this new update. I used Direct3D 11 for my stream and in 2 hours i didn't have any problem (like freeze).

Crystal Storm

Hey all - tired the new update tonight on my usual 7 hour stream. I operated as if everything was normal so did some scene switching and used game capture. I was playing Dragon Age Inquisition. I noticed about an hour into the stream game capture was stuttering in my preview window in the twitch dashboard so I switched to window capture and that's when everything went to crap.

Right after that OBS would freeze and crash. An error message was popping up that pretty much said OBS crashed, something went wrong I'm paraphrasing here - the error message flashed by pretty quick so I wasn't able to grab a screenshot of it. I restarted OBS, did not add any new windows, tried streaming again and crashed again three minutes later. The third time I turned off window preview again and then streamed for six hours without issue and did a screen switch from a BRB screen back to gaming screen.

I'm going to post the logs but they don't show any rendering errors, but I crashed until I did that fix just the same. I'm not sure if adding a new display did it or not. I stream again Wednesday and will test it again using window capture the entire time with preview mode on and see how that works. My few viewers don't mind being my guinea pigs :D

Attachments

• 2016-11-06 16-44-56.txt
    11.3 KB · Views: 25
  • 2016-11-06 18-03-32.txt
    9.2 KB · Views: 23

RytoEX

Forum Admin
Forum Moderator
Developer
I noticed about an hour into the stream game capture was stuttering in my preview window in the twitch dashboard so I switched to window capture and that's when everything went to crap.

As I understand it, there was something missed in the fixes introduced in OBS Studio 0.16.3, so using Window Capture would cause a crash after OBS tries to rebuild all graphics assets. That has been fixed in this commit, so it should be available in the next release. I do not know when the next release is planned.

Crystal Storm

As I understand it, there was something missed in the fixes introduced in OBS Studio 0.16.3, so using Window Capture would cause a crash after OBS tries to rebuild all graphics assets. That has been fixed in this commit, so it should be available in the next release. I do not know when the next release is planned.

I gotcha, will keep an eye out for it. In the meantime don't mind streaming with the preview screen off, or just not switching display captures middle of stream, whatever works. I normally don't, just wanted to give game capture a try but I've never had good luck with it so I'll just stop, heh.

Appreciate everybody at OBS making the work arounds while nvidia and Microsoft get their shit together :D

xSonic521x

If that's the case I'd prefer a hotfix update instead of another long month update, if the hotfix is just for fixing a capture issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.