justvinn

Let me preface by apologizing in advance if this has already been a post, but I couldn't find anything related to my specific issue.

The Setup:
M1 Max Macbook Pro / 64 GB Ram / MacOS Ventura 13.0
3 OBS instances / V. 27.2.4 (64 bit)
Loopback for audio capture w/ 3 individual virtual audio sources.
Brave, Edge, & DuckDuckGo browsers

The problem:
I am currently running up to 3 instances of OBS to window record 3 different browser feeds at once with Loopback routing the desktop audio. I notice in the Preview window of OBS (before I even start recording), the video is not matching. The preview is behind a few seconds compared to the browser feed. This issue is lessened (but still noticed) after a restart of the computer, but over time, things will slowly drift out of sync again. I should also note that each individual browser/OBS instance has varying degrees of lagging. When the recording starts, that in turn causes the audio to be ahead of the video. I've attempted the sync offset for audio, but as previously mentioned, there is a continuous drift that makes this setting useless after a while.

Yes, I know 3 OBS instances is overkill, but they are helpful for my use case and work better than other screen recorders for my needs. I feel that however OBS is grabbing the browser window feed is too slow, which in turns causes the audio to be ahead since it is being pulled correctly from another source. However, please advise if there is any way to resolve the lagging issue and keep the current setup, or if there are any alternatives.

Attachments

• 2023-09-09 04-26-42.txt
    22.9 KB · Views: 14

qhobbes

1. Make you have CNN's permission to record their content from YouTube.
2. You are running the Intel version of OBS on an Apple Silicon Mac. You may get improved performance using the Apple Silicon version of OBS.
3. You are running an old version of OBS Studio (27.2.4). Please update to version 29.1.3 or newer by going to Help -> Check for updates in OBS or by downloading the latest installer from the downloads page and running it.
4. Record to FLV or MKV. If you record to MP4 or MOV and the recording is interrupted, the file will be corrupted and unrecoverable.

If you require MP4 files for some other purpose like editing, remux them afterwards by selecting File > Remux Recordings in the main OBS Studio window.

justvinn

Thanks for your response, @qhobbes! As it turns out, that video you mentioned is just a good tester for lip to voice comparison, not for keeping.

Also, I've done the upgrade to the Silicon version of OBS and there was a positive change and things were sync'd up in the beginning. However, after a while, I've still noticed a bit of drift between the browser and the preview. Now I've even seen a few where the audio is now behind. So unfortunately, the version change was only a temp fix. Any further suggestions?