Possible using "Twitch disconnect protection" to restart stream with added delay?

El Matador

I am currently trying to put "delay on demand" into my twitch stream without creating another streaming session on twitch (another VOD, viewers loosing connection, etc.).

Youtube has backup RTMP server option, where if your main RTMP server fails, it will get replaced with another. However, Twitch doesn't have this feature, but they do have the mentioned "disconnect protection" option.

That options promises to have up to 90 seconds backup static image where you have time to fix your connection issues and then continue with your current stream (most likely it's working the same way as a backup RTMP server, but it's forced from Twitch).
If i quit my OBS stream naturally to put the delay on, the stream on Twitch will end normally without triggering the "disconnect protection" feature.

So my question is, can i somehow trigger the "lose connection" to twitch server and by that time -> cancel the stream in obs -> put my delay on -> start the stream again?

I think that can be a good solution for adding or removing "delay on demand" without creating another VOD session on twitch. I even tried to host my own RTMP server with backup option, but that didn't go very tbh.

MasoElCaveman

You ever find out a solution to this? I want to change my Profile when I switch from pc gameplay to retro gameplay as I wish to edit my output resolution because I record at different resolutions depending on what I'm playing.

I always stream and record at the same time, so if I could trigger this "disconnect protection" from twitch then it would be perfect for letting me exit OBS so I may select a new Profile without ending the VOD or disrupting my viewers.

Last edited:

MasoElCaveman

Solution for my use is to simply task manager and end the OBS process tree. That triggers the "disconnect protection" and from there I can restart OBS, select a new profile, and resume stream all without ever actually disrupting my stream or ending the Twitch VOD