Please recommend me best setting for recording with my low end laptop

antututhoi

Hello guys
Im playing FPS games and want to record some gameplay but im having some issues:

- everytime i start record, the game freeze and take around 10s to go back to normal, this only happen in the first record, when i stop record and start again, the game doesnt freeze anymore
- the audio is kinda low, the bitrate is 128 44.1 kHz and it sounds like mono even i set it to stereo in setting
- and is ~20MB/Min is acceptable file size ?
Please recommend me best obs record setting for performance, quality and minium file size if possible

My laptop spec is :
Windows 10 64bit
GTX 850M
4GB Ram
CPU i5-4210H 2.90GHz

Currently i recording with
Video setting :
680x544 resolution 30FPS
downscale filter: Lanczos

Output :
.flv
Encoder : NVenc H.264
Audio track : 1
VBR 2500-3000 Kbps

Attachments

• 2021-12-23 14-29-31.txt
    13.6 KB · Views: 21

qhobbes

1. Enable Game Mode via the Windows 10 "Settings" app, under Gaming > Game Mode.
2. Run OBS as Admin. Right click on the OBS shortcut, properties, advanced, check box, ok, apply, ok.
3. Record to MKV with the Quick Sync Video (QSV) encoder, if available.
If you want consistent quality, user CRF/whatever QSV calls it. If you want a predictable file size, use ABR/CBR/VBR.
4. Your log contains no recording session. Results of this log analysis are limited. Please post a link to a clean log file.
To make a clean log file, please follow these steps:

1) Restart OBS as Admin.
2) Start your recording for at least 30 seconds. Make sure you replicate any issues as best you can, which means having any games/apps open and captured, etc.
3) Stop your recording.
4) Select Help > Log Files > Upload Current Log File. Send that link here.

antututhoi

1. Enable Game Mode via the Windows 10 "Settings" app, under Gaming > Game Mode.
2. Run OBS as Admin. Right click on the OBS shortcut, properties, advanced, check box, ok, apply, ok.
3. Record to MKV with the Quick Sync Video (QSV) encoder, if available.
If you want consistent quality, user CRF/whatever QSV calls it. If you want a predictable file size, use ABR/CBR/VBR.
4. Your log contains no recording session. Results of this log analysis are limited. Please post a link to a clean log file.
To make a clean log file, please follow these steps:

1) Restart OBS as Admin.
2) Start your recording for at least 30 seconds. Make sure you replicate any issues as best you can, which means having any games/apps open and captured, etc.
3) Stop your recording.
4) Select Help > Log Files > Upload Current Log File. Send that link here.
Thanks for answered
here is the log file with the setting as you told me
MKV QuickSync H.264
VBR encoder

the game freeze is still there
the audio issue is just because my video player have equalizer on so it sounded kinda different, it is fine now
file size is around ~18MB/min

qhobbes

1. Change your OBS framerate back to 30. Only use 29.97 if your source is that or a multiple of.
2. Create a new Scene Collection with just 1 Scene and 1 Game Capture source. No filters. Restart OBS so it loads to that scene collection.
3. Cap your games at 60 FPS.

antututhoi

1. Change your OBS framerate back to 30. Only use 29.97 if your source is that or a multiple of.
2. Create a new Scene Collection with just 1 Scene and 1 Game Capture source. No filters. Restart OBS so it loads to that scene collection.
3. Cap your games at 60 FPS.
Thank you very much
It actually better now