Overlays interfere OBS from Game Capture RPCS3 emulator (How to Fix)

Archexe

I was having this issue where I couldn't use "Game Capture" to capture the game I was playing on RPSC3. I found the problem to be the overlays running on my computer that were interfering with OBS being able to 'hook' the game. I went to Registry Editor and into this directory HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Khronos\Vulkan\ImplicitLayers

and started disabling all the overlays I had by changing their values to "1" until OBS could capture RPSC3. The Overlay in particular that was interferring was Overwolf - Overwolf\0.169.0.22\obs\data\obs-plugins\win-capture\ow-obs-vulkan64.json

Don't know if this is the right place to post this, but wanted to help others out who might come across this problem.

LEOkonami

I was having this issue where I couldn't use "Game Capture" to capture the game I was playing on RPSC3. I found the problem to be the overlays running on my computer that were interfering with OBS being able to 'hook' the game. I went to Registry Editor and into this directory HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Khronos\Vulkan\ImplicitLayers

and started disabling all the overlays I had by changing their values to "1" until OBS could capture RPSC3. The Overlay in particular that was interfering was Overwolf - Overwolf\0.169.0.22\obs\data\obs-plugins\win-capture\ow-obs-vulkan64.json

Don't know if this is the right place to post this, but wanted to help others out who might come across this problem.
Hey there LEO from the Overwolf support here...

I wanted to let you know that we found the issue and we are releasing a fix soon! Thank you for this input we are sorry for this happening in the first place, we promise to improve and learn from this.

The main issue was with Vulkan game (only)

Thanks again,
Overwolf support

Last edited:

Archexe

Hey there LEO from the Overwolf support here...

I wanted to let you know that we found the issue and we are releasing a fix soon! Thank you for this input we are sorry for this happening in the first place, we promise to improve and learn from this.

The main issue was with Vulkan game (only)

Thanks again,
Overwolf support

Good on you LEO for scouring the forums to clear up a problem that effects your product... there's many that wouldn't. Recently I've also found Afterburner / Riva Statistics Tuner also interferes with OBS game capturing PCSX2 emulator. I had to shut down both apps and was able to make OBS hook the game window. You can run afterburner / riva after OBS has hooked the game window.