Overlay not fitting in full Twitch window when I stream

thedonchuckyy

So I have had this issue for about a week now where for some reason my overlay isn't fitting on Twitch when I go live. It looks like a widescreen movie at best. It's kind of frustrating and I don't understand how it got this way.

Settings for all of my scenes are 1920/1080 and the canvas is the same plus its the 16.9. Is there something I am missing? I feel like it should be so simple but yeah it's cost me a lot of time after a recent update. I am currently working on redownloading and uploading my scenes again.

When resizing it the best I get is it's too big in OBS but then still doesn't fit completely in the twitch stream screen. Is my overlay bad do i need to make a new one or what? I just don't understand.

Attachments

• obs1.png
    obs1.png
    346.7 KB · Views: 293

FerretBomb

From the screenshot, looks like it fits just fine in the preview window. All the way to the edges, no overscan crop, no underscan letterboxing or columnboxing from an incorrect aspect ratio. The inset for gameplay is pretty tiny, but that's more a problem with the overlay itself, not something from OBS.

Likely best to post a logfile from a streaming session where the issue occurred, as it asks you do to any time a new thread is opened in the support section, and then specify a bit more clearly where/what the problem is, as the screenshot provided does not.

thedonchuckyy

Ok so here is the issue. After checking all of the settings that people have told me to use for OBS, my overlay doesnt fill out Twitch when I go live. I have some screenshots here of what I am talking about.

I wanna make sure im not overreacting because i feel like there is something i am missing about this as to why it is not filling up the entire twitch screen when I use it. All the settings are the same for all of my scenes. I am in the process of re-adding them to OBS but nothing has changed after redownloading it and starting again.

Attachments

• obs setting 1.png
    obs setting 1.png
    275.6 KB · Views: 260
  • obs setting 2.png
    obs setting 2.png
    414.6 KB · Views: 261
  • obs twitch issue.png
    obs twitch issue.png
    403.9 KB · Views: 255

FerretBomb

The "Stream Preview" is not the same as the actual player. That window will be different depending on your Dashboard layout sizing.
Go to your actual channel page instead. A 16:9 feed like you're providing will fill out the player normally.

shugar_wush

i know this thread is like, a year ago but my overlay actually wont fit the preview window
its only got 1/4 or less of the entire overlay in the preview for me
preview