Outputting color incorrectly

7R33

I'm having issues with the color output on a 2019 Mac Pro. In the output preview the colors appear washed out, however when I open the properties of filter window for the video capture device they appear correctly. (See image bellow, I should be seeing 100% bars)

The issue persists to the stream output, I've tried Twitch and Youtube. However, when I record the output the color output is correct if opened in VLC but incorrect if opened in Quicktime.

I've tried following the steps offered in these threads:

The display profile workaround will make it look correct on my machine but the issue persists on stream.

I've made custom LUTs but they still aren't providing an accurate output. The issue seems to be either with OBS or the hardware itself. When I open the capture device with other software such as Qlab or Zoom the color displays correctly.

Kit:
2019 Mac Pro i9​
Catalina 10.15.7​
Radeon Pro Vega 20 4 GB​
Magewell USB Capture HDMI 4k+​
OBS 26.1.2​

The laptop has been reimaged and OBS is using the default settings out of the box.

Things I have tried:
  • Every combination of color format, colour space and colour range settings.
  • Diffrent Downscale filters
  • Diffrent encoders, profiles and presets.
  • Diffrent streaming platforms
  • Diffrent capture cards
  • Running Mojave, Catalina and Windows 10 on the hardware
  • Diffrent hardware adaptors
  • Diffrent display profiles
  • Adding a LUT to the source
  • Running OBS on an external monitor
It's strange that when I open the properties for the source I get a different (correct) result. I understand that OBS uses an unmanned color profile when using high gamut displays but I can't figure out how to force it to display color correctly. I appreciate that the simple answer is to use different hardware but that's not currently an option.

TIA

Screenshot 2021-01-17 at 08.58.08.png