TripleJ500

Hey y'all, I've been working on trying to fix this for several hours now and I still cannot get to the bottom of why my videos are suddenly coming out super choppy/laggy. A few weeks ago I was able to record just fine but now I'm having issues. I've tried turning Game Mode, DVR, Bar, and GPU scheduling on and off. I've tried turning v sync on and off, both in the NVIDIA Control Panel and in the game. Turned Max Frame Rate Limit on and off in the NVIDIA Control Panel. Not sure what else I need/can try to do at this point. I'd greatly appreciate any feedback I can get. Thanks in advance.

sandrix

Set the power settings to maximum performance in Windows and the NVIDIA Control Panel. It looks like your monitor has NVIDIA G-SYNC support, try disabling this if it's enabled.
You can also switch to CBR or VBR bitrate control, say 50,000 kbsp or more.

sandrix

Also fix the color range.
Having the YUV Color range set to "Full" will cause playback issues in certain browsers and on various video platforms. Shadows, highlights and color will look off. In OBS, go to "Settings -> Advanced" and set "YUV Color Range" back to "Partial".

TripleJ500

I figured out the problem a few weeks ago but the issue was the media player that I was watching the videos on, not anything I was doing while recording. For those on Windows, the "Media Player" application was giving me the issue. I'd recommend using the "Movies and TV" app or downloading a new media player app such as VLC.