Question / Help Output audio stutters when using Video Capture Device in OBS 64-bit.

athenaorerica

Hi, I recently got an AVerMedia Live Gamer Portable device, and I am having issues using it with OBS. (Works fine in RECentral, Xsplit, all other DirectShow-compatible software).

Whenever I have the Video Capture Device source active, using either AVerMedia's Stream Engine or just the capture device directly, all audio output will not work correctly. I can monitor the audio using OBS, and the mixer shows the audio coming through properly, but whenever I want to stream or record (using only one audio track) there will be no audio from the Video Capture Device, and all other Audio Input Sources (although, not the ones selected in Settings as global Desktop Audio or Mic/Aux sources) will stutter.

I can not find any other possible cause for this issue, and as far as I can tell from browsing the forums, it is also not exclusive to AVerMedia devices, since I've read threads with people describing very similar issues with Logitech webcams and such other devices.

I've messed incessantly with the sample rates, making sure they all match, and I cannot get working audio in 64-bit OBS. I can use 32-bit OBS and everything will work as expected, however I'd really not want to do so because of its memory limitation and higher CPU usage.

(edit: added more verbose log, although not sure there's anything useful in there either way)

Attachments

• 2019-11-29 00-29-25.txt
    45.6 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:

athenaorerica

Bump, Sample video. All tracks are enabled in every audio source, and the video was recorded with just one track, at 44.1KHz (64b, 24.0.3). The same situation encodes correctly using the 32-bit version of OBS (although audio will drop out once in a while, but is fixed with a restart), and also encodes correctly without drop-outs on XSplit (64b, 3.9.1909.1601).