[OS X]Capture audio with iShowU Audio Capture

OBS Studio [OS X]Capture audio with iShowU Audio Capture

vpcha76@

• Hi amsyar ZeRo and all , i want to record and or stream a mix using Serato DJ Pro through a DJ controller Akai AMX anything goes fine but no sound gets into OBS with ishowU and after creating a multi output device...can you help please ? sorry if my understanding is slow .. i am french...

jasonbain

I posted my solution using Loopback here: https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/how-to-capture-desktop-or-application-audio-on-mac.120828/

iShowU Audio capture works. I got it working but it doesn't allow changing the output level (changing my laptop speaker output volume). That was a deal breaker for me. Anyway, I hope the post above can save you hours of frustration. You can route any application audio right to a device you can configure in OBS. Couldn't be easier.

Screen Shot 2020-04-28 at 2.58.42 PM.jpg

CO2

Hey there "amsyar ZeRo''

Some of us are haveing problems but i have found a solution for "mac os catalina'' its a permision problem that
does not allow "OBS'' to record audio but i have the solution:

1. Do amsyar ZeRo's tutorial like normal
2. open a command promt or Terminal
3. enter the following command into the terminal or command promt (they are the same) :
"open /Applications/OBS.app/Contents/MacOS/OBS --args -picture''
4. the terminal will ask for admin permison to : Record audio and sound
5. After giveing admin perms to the terminal (you might have to go to settings)
6 IF you have to go to settings opens privacy or sycurity ( Refered to as "P&S'' )
7. in P&S go to Privacy and give permision to the Terminal in the secion "screen recording''
8. if done correctly you will be able to record useing OBS

DISCLAIMER:
YOU NEED TO RUN THE COMMAND EVERY TIME YOU NEED TO RECORD
if you open obs from the apps folder it will NOT work if you can pleease contact me

CO2

• Hi amsyar ZeRo and all , i want to record and or stream a mix using Serato DJ Pro through a DJ controller Akai AMX anything goes fine but no sound gets into OBS with ishowU and after creating a multi output device...can you help please ? sorry if my understanding is slow .. i am french...
hey you need to run it as a terminal
use this command :
open /Applications/OBS.app/Contents/MacOS/OBS --args -picture

shinese233

Hey guys, I found that even though things goes wrong using OBS, the quickTime works perfectly within iShowU! No audio quality degrades, no bugs. Excellent

Wildstar

Hello there!

Newbie here - my first post

About the iShowU module, looks like it’s deprecated, had the name changed and now it’s not available as a free add-on anymore. You need to purchase iShowU Instant to get it. I ended up purchasing it after trying the steps on the tutorial. After installing iShowU, there is an option to install the Audio Capture module in the Sound / Advanced menu. After that, everything is working perfectly with OBS + Mac.

Hope that helps.

Wildstar out.

Jon Mack

This does seem like a road to insanity. I need Zoom sound, but can't get it to show on the meters. Like others, I've followed the instructions, managed to get Multi-output iShowU and Multi-Output device both showing up as sound options in Mac's System Preferences/Sound and selected iShowU for Mic/Aux 2 as directed (and Multi-Output device does not show as an option), but the meters other than the Built-In one show are flat 0. Does OBS really work with Zoom audio at all???

VGBoy

@amsyar ZeRo
I followed the instructions, yet the sound does not register in OBS. Mic/Aux 2 in OBS set to IShowU doesn't output sound, yet the multi-output works properly when looking at the input in preferences. The apps making sound were also opened after setting up the multi-output device.

Tya_B

I'm also having trouble. I followed all of the steps and it still didn't pop up. Maybe it needs to be updated?

astronnut

I want to stream from my iPad to Picarto. I use OBS to capture my isa'd screen which I can successfully stream on Picarto. However, id love to get some music on my streams but I can't figure out how to get it to work.

I followed the steps in the 'tutorial' but step 4 says to do something in iShow but cant even start the program. It just says "are you sure you want to uninstall iShow?"
Schermafbeelding 2020-06-18 om 10.06.01.png

And in the tutorial step 4 says to select some sort of output but all I have is this :

Schermafbeelding 2020-06-18 om 10.07.43.png

I have a light feeling this might not work because my iPad is connected to my laptop with a cable (USB-C) but I just cant figure it out. Hope someone can help me out here

What I want to achieve : stream Spotify music or music from iMusic or YouTube on my stream

jayhemdee

Hey, I would like to do this to play spotify during my conference call but people have echo (because desktop sounds). Got a workaround for tihs? Thanks!

NIketa

@amsyar ZeRo Thank you for your video on setting up iShowU and OBS to record the system sound (coming out of my headphones) and microphone audio at the same time. This works great for me. I am using headphones that are connected to my system using a USB, and I am able to capture the Audio even though it is playing in my headphones.

I am trying to do the same with Quicktime. I select iShouU Audio Capture for the Microphone setting when I want to do a screen recording. The problem I have is that Quicktime then only captures the audio my system is playing(through my headphones) and not my microphone input. Is there any way to have QuickTime capture both the system audio output and my microphone input on the recorded video?

I have tried including my built-in output in the Multi-Output Device, and various other combinations, but haven't had any luck capturing both the system output and my microphone input together on a screen recording. Please help!

ceylon

Can someone please help me out. I'm trying to record Ableton Live and not getting the audio out of my device. I'm operating with Mac Big Sur. I've followed the directions correctly, I believe. Here is my setup.

I have an audio interface, AudioBox22VSL that my monitors are plugged into. I have a Blue Snowball mic that I want to record audio into. I setup a new Multi-Output Device in Audio Devices, I have clicked to enable iShowU Audio Capture, as well as my interface AudioBox 22 VSL. I have made the AudioBox the Master Device. I have clicked on the AudioBox for Drift Correction.

I then went over to System Preferences/Sounds and have selected Multi-Output Device in Output, and Blue Snowball for input.

I then launch both Ableton Live and OBS. In OBS I have the settings under Audio to Mic/Auxiliary Audio: Blue Snowball, and Mic/Auxiliary Audio 2: iShowU Audio Capture. In Ableton my Audio Output is selected to AudioBox 22 VSL.

The problem is that when I hit play I hear my audio through my monitors (that's good), my mic is registering me talking in Mic/Aux (that's good), but I'm not getting anything registering in Mic/Aux 2 (that's bad).

Please let me know what I need to change to get OBS/iShowU to pickup my internal audio!

anker_13

Can anyone help solve this:
iShowU Audio Capture configuration
PLUS
External Audio Interface with a Mic (Scarlett 18i8) OR Built-in Mic at the same time coming through a stream?
My goal is to have people be able to hear me and my desktop audio through Discord or a different streaming platform

RachelThorn

Hey all!

Neil here. I wrote the original iShowU Audio Capture driver.

Just a note that I've released a M1/BigSur compatible, standalone driver - with less latency than the original, and also does the Multi-Output for you (2 clicks). Yes, it's paid (but fair). Over here, if you want to take a look: https://shinywhitebox.com/swb-audio-app
Hello, Neil. I just installed and signed up for Audio App, but it seems very different from ishowu and I can't find a tutorial showing how to use it with OBS.

shinywhitebox

Hello, Neil. I just installed and signed up for Audio App, but it seems very different from ishowu and I can't find a tutorial showing how to use it with OBS.
Hi! I've recently redone nearly all the docs, and I've added setup videos specifically for OBS, Streamlabs OBS. Also for Zoom, Discord (a little different). New driver, as of today, also lets you define everything with Hotkeys; so you can drive it all from a Stream Deck. Hope that's useful. Playlist is: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLehDZodVAmXkOOt3Iw8Poq8LZBXzJWkqt

DaveyBoy

Hi guys and gals,I’m new to OBS studio I’ve followed this thread settings , first I must say that I do not have a microphone ,I set up as stated and shown ,I’m trying to copy vhs PAL tape to DVD ,the video footage is great but the sound Audio is very choppy ,I think because I have no mic ,I think there may be conflicting settings ,anyhow I uploaded my log file ,hope someone could please ,point me in the right direction ,I also saved log file ,which I could attach if required ,many thanks apologies if this subject has already resolved ,Dave