[OS X]Capture audio with iShowU Audio Capture

OBS Studio [OS X]Capture audio with iShowU Audio Capture

MarkHicks

Hi All

I'm using OBS to record programmes from a set top box. I'm using an iSolem HDMI splitter and a Zaycue Capture device. I've got perfect video but having set up the audio via iShareU exactly as shown, I've got nothing but silence. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Filth Charl3s

Ok so I did literally everything click by click the exact same way that you did and the guy in the video did and when I go to OBS, the bars that show that it's picking up sound still do not work. I know for a fact that it is capturing Desktop audio because I used Quicktime to record a video and it was able to capture the sounds from the game and the screen itself. The only issue is that OBS is still not detecting any desktop sounds.

@amsyar ZeRo

Edit: I streamed on Twitch and my viewers said they couldn't hear any audio either from my mic or from the game even while using iShareU Audio Capture having been set up as the video shows.

I followed this guide https://obsproject.com/forum/resources/os-x-capture-audio-with-ishowu-audio-capture.505/ and OBS works correctly. I can record/stream to Youtube or Twitch. However now on my Mac I can't adjust my volume anymore. So when I adjust my press my volume up/down keys, all I get is this:

Screen Shot 2019-08-18 at 9.02.14 PM.png

I have a Macbook Air 2015 and my OS is Mojave 10.14.5

@amsyar ZeRo it'd be great . if you can help me with thiss issue

David_1970

amsyar ZeRo submitted a new resource:

[OS X]Capture audio with iShowU Audio Capture - Another easy way to capture crisp audio from your Mac

Read more about this resource...

Hello,
I tried the method described here. The installation procedure is carried out until the end, successfully ... but it is as if nothing were installed! I can't find a program, I don't find any trace of drivers in "audio" or even in the Midi program!

I can't ear my desktop sounds in the recorded desktop video!!

MacBook Pro, macOS Mojave 10.14.6, 2,8 GHz Intel Core i7, 16GB 1600 MHz DDR3
OBS 23.2.1 (64bit)

How do I proceed? Thanks.

Last edited:

RodAbernethy

Hello, I'm a newbie and trying to use OBS to stream live video and audio. It's great to be on the forum and have somewhere to ask questions about OBS.

I'm using a Macbook Pro with OBS and I'm using Digital Performer to bring in some external audio and microphones with a ZOOM H4N Pro as my USB interface.

Both Digital Performer and OBS are running on my Macbook Pro. I'd like to send my stereo output mix from Digital Performer into OBS, but OBS is not recognizing Digital Performer as an input for an audio source. Does anyone have any suggestions?

TheOriginalBudman

Hello, I'm a newbie and trying to use OBS to stream live video and audio. It's great to be on the forum and have somewhere to ask questions about OBS.

I'm using a Macbook Pro with OBS and I'm using Digital Performer to bring in some external audio and microphones with a ZOOM H4N Pro as my USB interface.

Both Digital Performer and OBS are running on my Macbook Pro. I'd like to send my stereo output mix from Digital Performer into OBS, but OBS is not recognizing Digital Performer as an input for an audio source. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I'm a noob also. I puttered around with iShowU but had no more success than anyone else. I got in touch with the developer and tried a newer app called iShowU Instant which has problems of its own.'

I scrapped the whole thing and went to rogueamoeba's Loopback. Much easier.

xzandj

I'm a noob also. I puttered around with iShowU but had no more success than anyone else. I got in touch with the developer and tried a newer app called iShowU Instant which has problems of its own.'

I had the same issues with iShowU and ended up finding this post https://support.shinywhitebox.com/hc/en-us/articles/360003524192-iShowU-Audio-Capture-not-showing-up.

Following these steps actually helped me to get around the security issues and the driver shows up now! So I've got desktop audio running through OBS as a mic :)

TheOriginalBudman

jyb95

@amsyar ZeRo - I am trying to follow your instructions on how to do this. I am looking to live stream 1 camera with audio being captured through Protools with the goal of live streaming a small groups performance and having the stems to mix and provide to the artist. Getting audio into my OSB from Protools has been a HUGE challenge. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Danielecm

Hi, I read all of this.
My need would be to be able to connect my microphone and backing tracks (I put everythjnf together in GarageBand) to OBS to go live with LOOLA tv on multiple platforms. The issue is that when I launch the stream the audio starts to go in an infinite loop, as if there is a constant eco. How can I get around that?

RodAbernethy

I went to Loopback and it works great!!

JimGeldermann

Followed the directions a couple of times and installed iShowU Audio Capture and SWB Audio Capture. Did not capture audio until I checked the OBS box in the microphone privacy settings.
Screen Shot 2020-04-07 at 5.18.12 PM.png

Jake12321

Question: When I go to the MIDI keyboard in utilities, it does not list the IshowU audio as an option. Does anyone know why that is and how I can fix it?

Dirtydigits

I did everything but the multi device is not showing up in the drop down mic/aux input. Only ishowu audio capture

I was able to have everything working fine with soundflower for 3 dj streams then it said my aggregated device

...that the device failed so I’ve been trying every option to get the setup back and correct again to stream.

for some reason my Mac doesn’t give me the mic security options. But I’ve tried everything else I am so stuck right now.

KiranH

Hello. I have installed OBS and it is working well. Video is able to stream good. I am trying to install the audio splitting software, iShowU Audio Capture, and after installation I cannot find it anywhere on my laptop, nor does it appear on the Audio MIDI app as instructed by the guide. In addition, I suspected I may require iShowU studio or instant in order to make it work, however they are rather expensive softwares and the guide mentioned this process is "101% free". Could anybody please help me with splitting the audio so that my twitch stream can play the game's audio to my audience and not my mic input? Thank you in advance.

RollaJ

Hi I downloaded this driver the other day. When having to restart my MacBook wouldn’t go past login. Anyway I sorted that out and got Mac on. But now when I go on netflix I have no video only sound? Any ideas?

newton

Hi I downloaded this driver the other day. When having to restart my MacBook wouldn’t go past login. Anyway I sorted that out and got Mac on. But now when I go on netflix I have no video only sound? Any ideas?

Change the output of your sounds to Internal Speakers?

Screenshot 2020-04-23 at 14.04.53.png

Screenshot 2020-04-23 at 14.05.11.png