[OS X]Capture audio with iShowU Audio Capture

OBS Studio [OS X]Capture audio with iShowU Audio Capture

amsyar ZeRo

amsyar ZeRo submitted a new resource:

[OS X]Capture audio with iShowU Audio Capture - Another easy way to capture crisp audio from your Mac

Hello!

If you prefer graphics, watch this helpful video by Chupacabra Tutorials:

So most of you know, to capture audio from a Mac you need an extension like Soundflower. But what most of you don't know is that you can use another extension to capture audio. I present to you, iShowU Audio Capture!

CHECKLIST

Read more about this resource...

FleshyTemples

I've tried everything and simply can't get OBS to read an audio signal from my Zoom Q2n camera (I get video just fine). I think I've done everything the video outlines, yet still... no audio from the camera (if it matters, I stream live music, so the singular sound source from my music mixer goes directly into the Zoom camera (and it reads the audio signal fine, thus it stands to reason if the Zoom is supplying the visual media into OBS just fine, it should the audio as well).

I've set up Multi-Output Device in Audio Devices setting on my Mac (I've tried making the Master Device both iShow and Built-in but neither works). In OBS Settings I have the mic/aux set to iShowU. Still nothing. I'm at a total loss and I've spent about two days trying to figure this out. Help, please!

Heidi Hornlein

I have a similar, but different situation: I don't get the desktop audio working, even when chosen the multi output device - this actually continually disappears as soon as I reboot the computer. That probably means that the computer doesn't communicate right between midi-set up and preferences panel.
Any idea for THAT strange thing and how to fix it?

ChloeClive

I have a similar, but different situation: I don't get the desktop audio working, even when chosen the multi output device - this actually continually disappears as soon as I reboot the computer. That probably means that the computer doesn't communicate right between midi-set up and preferences panel.
Any idea for THAT strange thing and how to fix it?
YES,I know how to fix this. You OPEN "Audio MIDI Settings" RECHECK the box infront of the device you are planning to use (BUilt-In, etc). Besure to see that the drift correction tick box is checked. It can be wonky sometimes.

JurikKaehler

Actually I installed the iShowU software, but when I create a multi-output device in midi-setup, this iShowU thing doesn't show up. Does anyone have a clue what's going wrong there?

metametheus

I've installed iShowU software also.... and it does not appear as a device in the audio midi setup either.... what seems to be the problem?

Fawkes881

I installed iShowU Audio Capture, followed the youtube tutorial to set up however OBS Studio 22.0.3 is not registering my audio device or my microphone... help?

thrdplanet

I installed ishowu and It worked but my sound now comes out of my Mac instead of my headphones also the form thing said if I had any questions to tag https://obsproject.com/forum/members/amsyar-zero.40993/
go to the audio midi, and in the one you have setup for ishowu, also click whatever your headphones show up as. it looks like this for me. only issue i've found with this is the only way to adjust the audio level is directly in whatever program is playing the audio, which is annoying but workable.
Screen Shot 2019-01-21 at 7.47.06 PM.png

Zoebe4

I've installed the plugin according to the instructions, but it's not showing up in my audio settings. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times. Please help!

JustinMarullo

I followed all the instructions but the audio still doesn't come up and I cant select remote play as a source for syphonjet. What do i do

rachalmers

Hi, I'm following this to the letter, and it mostly works - however, I'm getting an echo. Like I have two voice channels.
I can't seem to get rid of it. My mic goes through a Scarlett Focusrite to usb, and I have iShouU installed.
I'm on a Mac Mini and it's Mic input is Line In only, hence the Focusrite with a mic with phantom power into it.
Basically, it works a treat, but getting rid of that echo is a real problem.

Galaxy Gaming

Hello, I have tried EVERY SINGLE STEP and it does not work, I am a YouTuber who has 26 subscribers and I was going to live stream today but I needed to get the audio to work I even tried yesterday.

AshenRoman

So I've gotten everything set up. OBS will record audio from a youtube video or what not, but if I open a game window, such as World of Warships, which is my main focus, OBS will not record a single snippet of audio from that game.