Resource icon

OpenVR input plugin 1.1

MrX101

since a lot of people were confused, to install you just need to extract with winrar, if u dont have winrar, google it to download.
  • after installing Winrar,
  • You right click the downloaded file "OBS_OpenVR_InputPlugin.zip"
  • Click "Extract Files..."
  • A popup window will appear
  • Enter directory of your OBS at the top of the popup, default is "C:\Program Files (x86)\obs-studio"
  • Press OK
Done, u should now see openVR in scene sources in OBS studio.(only works on X64 OBS Studio)

RyanC

I know about the memory leak thing, but when I run SteamVR (like im in that house on the mountian looking around) and then run OBS and add the OpenVR option to Sources, I just get a crash of OBS...

I've reinstalled OBS, captured a game, then installed OpenVR again and same thing...

I'm running OBS Studio ver. 20.1.3 (64bit) I see ver.19 is minimum but not fixed to that, am I running a version that's too new?

topdog

I know about the memory leak thing, but when I run SteamVR (like im in that house on the mountian looking around) and then run OBS and add the OpenVR option to Sources, I just get a crash of OBS...

I've reinstalled OBS, captured a game, then installed OpenVR again and same thing...

I'm running OBS Studio ver. 20.1.3 (64bit) I see ver.19 is minimum but not fixed to that, am I running a version that's too new?

Likewise having the same issue with this I believe.

- HTC Vive
- 64 bit OBS installed, latest version
- No other plugins in use
- Have SteamVR running (with or without Mirror Display window up)
- Go to sources - add - OpenVR Capture and click OK
- Mouse icon spins for a few seconds and then OBS crashes

Tried running OBS in administrator mode, didn't seem to make a difference.

I can capture some games directly in OBS if they have their own windows by using Game Capture (e.g. The Lab or Audioshield).

Windows 10. Machine is a month old so quite clutter-free at the moment.

Went to download/install the VC 2015 runtimes, but had an install error because it said I already had them (which is not a surprise - I install and use Visual Studio for myself too).

I do NOT have the OpenVR SDK installed; but the runtimes for OpenVR are within SteamVR anyway I think, and the SDK wouldn't be used with this, only for development purposes (I am assuming)?

So not sure what else to try; I might even let VS debug the error and point it at the OpenVR plugin source to see what it is getting stopped on, as I wasn't getting any MS crash details to use.

Only deviation I had from the installation steps is that writing to the Program Files\OBS folder is being protected by the OS, so instead I extracted the files to another folder, then moved them all into the OBS one using Explorer so I could hit the prompt that appears to elevate permissions and get the files in the right place, which OBS sees OK it seems based on it adding the item to the list of sources.

Yelby

Here is my question. Is there a preset for Oculus Rift or should I just do the 16:9 one? Also, looking at the red text does that mean launch steamVR first than run OBS?

BOLL

So I've started experimenting with various crop modes and stuff, and I noticed that for every source I have registered that use this plugin, even if they're not visible in the scene, it multiplies the crop options. Here's an image:
ewhbV0x.png

(the circular shape is because I'm experimenting with a shader that's applied to it, using the shader plugin)

Also does this mean every OpenVR Input source is active and connected to the API even when not visible? Just wondering as I've noticed VR games have been less stable while messing around with multiple sources :D

OfficialDJXage

just wanted to say with the new Steam VR update and such its now impossible to capture it now just wanted to inform you about that and to see if you can update the code on this if possible

Aliquem

Hey, how do I access the presets? The drop down menu for me is completely empty and shows absolutely nothing. Also is this not capable of capturing all vr titles like Pavlov VR?
Also after I crop the image to where I want to be and close OBS and go to re-open it OBS never opens again unless I delete the plugin.

Last edited:

baffler

So I've started experimenting with various crop modes and stuff, and I noticed that for every source I have registered that use this plugin, even if they're not visible in the scene, it multiplies the crop options. Here's an image:

Also does this mean every OpenVR Input source is active and connected to the API even when not visible? Just wondering as I've noticed VR games have been less stable while messing around with multiple sources :D

That issue is fixed with v1.1 and also, no they shouldn't be active because the source de-initializes from openVR each time it gets hidden.

Br3uker

Hmmm i did exactly what MrX101 said above but absolutely nothing shows up in obs... any idea? could it be that the language of my system isnt english?

BOLL

That issue is fixed with v1.1 and also, no they shouldn't be active because the source de-initializes from openVR each time it gets hidden.
I noticed the release and I'm already running it, nice! :D I will report back here (or GitHub?) if I bump into other issues, I use this plugin all the time! Cheers!

RexxyGaming

Hello, I cannot figure out where to put what in my files to make this work. I have watched videos and read countless messages but none of them helped. If someone could reply with a step by step process of how to do this when installing it as a .zip file, it would be greatly appreciated and it would be a great help. Thanks :)