Resource icon

OpenVR input plugin 1.1

Supported Bit Versions
  1. 64-bit
Minimum OBS Studio Version
Supported Platforms
  1. Windows
This plugin provides an input plugin to 64bit OBS that allows capturing directly from OpenVR/SteamVR mirror surface in full resolution.

Either left or right eye image can be captured.

Cropping can be configured in the plugin properties, with some presets provided for the HTC Vive. The presets take into account the OpenVR mask to provide a maximum capture area without any black borders. However some OpenVR games still render to these mask areas so with those games cropping is not necessary.

To use extract the zip file to your OBS directory and a new "OpenVR Capture" source should appear in the sources list.

You may need to install the Visual Studio 2015 x64 runtime if you do not already have it installed, it can be downloaded from here.

There is a memory leak in the OpenVR SDK that affects OBS if the plugin is active but SteamVR is not running. This state causes the plugin to slowly leak memory as it tries to periodically initialize OpenVR. This is unfortunately a "feature" of the OpenVR SDK.

OBS_OpenVR_InputPlugin1.png
OBS_OpenVR_InputPlugin2.png

Source code is available here: https://github.com/baffler/OBS-OpenVR-Input-Plugin
Author
Kegetys
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
4.86 star(s) 7 ratings

Latest updates

1. Update v1.1

Version 1.1: Fixed crash when switching between multiple OpenVR sources Presets will no longer...

Latest reviews

Do I lose my other plugins when installing this
Memory leak aside, this is very useful for capturing SteamVR games. I've tested on both Phasmophobia and VRChat and everything seems to work very well. I hope to see, however, an updated version using OpenXR calls at some point
Best plugin for VR but we need a screen stabilizer...
Should probably leave a rating, since this one has been very useful to me. Thanks.
Works great, really helped me in recording SteamVR and the SteamVR home for videos
Has worked flawlessly for me so far, awesome to get full resolution frames without having to maximize or even showing the headset monitor.