Resource icon

OpenVR input plugin 1.1

baffler

New release on the github. It fixed a crash that would happen if the preset file wasn't properly extracted and there was another issue with presets duplicating that was fixed. There's also a detailed description of where to extract the zip file.

For future reference, some troubleshooting tips:

Presets are empty?
Make sure you extracted both "data" and "obs-plugins" folder from the zip file into your obs install folder.

Can't find your OBS or Streamlabs OBS install folder?
Right-click on your OBS shortcut (either on desktop or in your start menu) and choose "Open file location". From here you'll need to go up 2 directories to get to the correct folder. The easiest way is to look at the address bar in the explorer window which will typically be something like "> This PC > Local Disk (C:) > Program Files (x86) > obs-studio > bin > 64bit". You can click on each item between the arrows. You need to click on the "obs-studio" in that address bar and you'll be in the correct folder to extract the zip to now. Easiest way is to simply drag and drop the contents from the zip file into this folder.

For Streamlabs OBS, right-click on the Streamlabs OBS shortcut and choose "Open file location". You may need to scroll up, and find the folders list here, then navigate from here to "\resources\app.asar.unpacked\node_modules\obs-studio-node\libobs". You'll be in the correct folder to extract the zip to now. Easiest way is to simply drag and drop the contents from the zip file into this folder.

The OpenVR capture source is completely black and not working?
Make sure SteamVR is running. Also, try removing the OpenVR capture source and adding a new one.

OBS crashed?
Most of the crashes should be fixed with the latest update on the github. Sometimes it will require you to reinstall OBS. If you reinstall and still get a crash, you can go to File > Show Settings Folder in OBS and go into "crashes" folder and paste the latest crash log from there, paste it using something like pastebin and post here or on the github page as a new issue. Also include the latest log file which will be in the "logs" folder once you go into the settings folder. If you need to get to the settings folder manually, press Windows Key + R for the run window, and paste this: C:\Users\%Username%\AppData\Roaming\obs-studio

OBS closes when you close SteamVR?
SteamVR attempts to close any program associated with it. Typically that would be the game you're playing in VR which is fine, but since this plugin makes OBS use SteamVR api, it will also try to close it. There are checks in the plugin to prevent it but it still seems to close OBS most of the time. Still looking into how to fix this issue, for now it's best to make sure you have everything setup correctly before you start stream, so you don't have to restart SteamVR while streaming.

Last edited:

Yuxxian

Does anyone else have an issue where the VR output is just shaky? Like when I'm standing around you can see the screen just shaking.

Nikolad92

I have been trying to add, remove the openVR source but nothing works.
All i have is just a blank screen like this. and it can's find my Vive.
help plz.JPG

mtjoeng

My Oculus Rift generates a black screen ... ?

I think I found the problem, OpenVR works with SteamVR not with native Oculus?

EDIT:
Started StreamVR
OBS OpenVR now shows Steam Home,

but I try to capture DCS which runs native Oculus and shows in Oculus monitor,
OBS OpenVR capture simply keeps showing the SteamVR HOME?

I think I saw a Youtube OpenVR capturing Xplane but in SteamVR

HOW to do this for Oculus native VR (and DCS)?

thx.

Last edited:

Vaesive

Mine shows transparent capture but Mirror Mode window shows captured gameplay. I'm guessing it's because I have Oculus installed on my D: drive?

Last edited:

mik_cz

Hi, this plugin is awesome, Is there any possibility to add option something like "screen stabilizer" for OBS? When I stream VR, its for someone hard to watch because head shaking, moving around, so on OBS would screen looks more steady? Thanks for answer.

The same theme on reddit but no aswer untill yet.

The goal:
To captcher the soure with EDFX like this video:
The example

Lets it shorter now.

The "OpenVR input" plugin use the source from my PSVR. Thats okey ! but…
not the "Elite: Dangerous Client" where all my EDFX/Reshade settings are.
If i do a stream the visitor just can see the sourse and a little bit of filters. Colorcorrection and so on.... not EDFX/Reshade
Is somthing out there, may more filter options like EDFX witch we can install at the correct folder place from "OpenVR input" ?

I need some genius possibilities ;)

Have a nice weekend.

shplack

Feature request: OpenVR capture from HMD through capture card

I use my gaming rig for VR and a separate rig for streaming.
I use a capture card and would like to use non-direct display mode on SteamVR to mirror the HMD to my capture card.
Then I would like to use OpenVR to create a source using the video capture capturing the left/right eye as usual.
I know I can use the display mirror but the resolution isnt as high as it would be using OpenVR.

Is this even possible? I've searched as much as I can and found no results.

Thanks in advance!

SetantaLP

Is this even possible?
I highly doubt that, because (as far as I know) HDMI is only capable of transferring the raw image data that should be visible on the corresponding screen, but in this case you would need the logic behind this image data. So the only way to do that would be writing some remote tool, that allows you to choose on your streaming pc, which data your gaming rig feds into the HDMI cable.

Or you write a tool that somehow merges the SteamVR Output (both eyes in full resolution might be enough) together and sends it over the HDMI cable to your streaming pc where you unpack that and write that into some fake-openvr instance, that can be captured by obs. I don't know if that works, since HDMI definitely has some limitations concerning the data-rate, and even if, the benefit is relatively small, but it's a lot of work to implement that, since you need a tool to grab the full resolution data and send it (which may require to convert the data to something HDMI can handle) and fake openvr instance that unpacks the data (and converts it back if needed) and provides it to obs (or just integrate the unpacking and converting into the plugin).

gusphan

I've got the plugin to work, but it doesn't fill up the entire OBS screen like game capture does. If I pull to stretch it, it doesn't fit properly. What am I doing wrong?

gusphan

Additional questions:

1) Is the plugin only "used" if I have it selected? I ask b/c of the memory leak issue.
2) Is there a way to safely delete the plugin if I wanted to?

Newtubbe

I have the latest plugin and I am having issues getting the view centered. It is working with right or left eyes but I would like to get a center view. Any way to get both eyes or adjust it so I can get a centered capture?

Jukka Muhonen

SteamVR has now ability to show combined view of both eyes which gives full fov of headset, this should be included as option at Openvr Capture, and that would be what streamers will use. Click steamVR-show VR view-at settings you can choose: left, right or both eyes and choose which is dominating eye.

sneaky4oe

SteamVR has now ability to show combined view of both eyes which gives full fov of headset, this should be included as option at Openvr Capture, and that would be what streamers will use. Click steamVR-show VR view-at settings you can choose: left, right or both eyes and choose which is dominating eye.
This doesn't affect plugin output. I had to add 2 openvr plugin outputs for both eyes and then add a smooth alpha gradient to the right one to blend image smoothly. But performance isn't great this way. Viewers are complaining about low FPS and stutters.

Captain3D

Getting the black screen (no VR image) with OBS 25.0.8 Windows and 1.4 plug in. I am using steam VR and an Index. Multiple installs and source add deletes. but never seen an image. Any ideas? 144 frame rate too high?
Capture.PNG